Ossus Convo Choices Gone?

Dyhanna

Is it just me or are some of the conversation choices we had during Ossus gone?

For example on Imp side:

When playing saboteur on Imp side, I recall being able to choose whether or not I could take or leave the farming data. This time, I just got a message saying that my contact would be pleased that I had taken the data.

Similar occurrence on Pub side.

Anyone notice this?

Is it just me or are some of the conversation choices we had during Ossus gone?

For example on Imp side:

When playing saboteur on Imp side, I recall being able to choose whether or not I could take or leave the farming data. This time, I just got a message saying that my contact would be pleased that I had taken the data.

Similar occurrence on Pub side.

Anyone notice this?

I don't remember those ever being choices.

• 2 weeks later...

They aren't gone, getting the choice is just saboteur related. I thought that was fairly obvious. Why would a imperial character who isn't a sabotur leave farming data that can benefit their nation?

The reason why it's a choice and not automatic for saboteur too, is because bioware have left in the option of dropping the saboteur role later in the story.

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

They aren't gone, getting the choice is just saboteur related. I thought that was fairly obvious. Why would a imperial character who isn't a sabotur leave farming data that can benefit their nation?

The reason why it's a choice and not automatic for saboteur too, is because bioware have left in the option of dropping the saboteur role later in the story.

Well I didn't get the choice on saboteur or loyalist. And now I'm certain. Because I also didn't get the choice to stay independent or rejoin. I hate it when they change things and don't consult/tell us. :(

You didn't get the choice to become a saboteur? The Ossus storyline opens with that exact conversation. They could not possibly have removed it because it's the central mechanic of this entire storyline.

Also,

I thought that only loyalists (or people who help their faction win in the battle over the Meridian Shipyard have the option to rejoin.

Edited by OldVengeance

You didn't get the choice to become a saboteur? The Ossus storyline opens with that exact conversation. They could not possibly have removed it because it's the central mechanic of this entire storyline.

Also,

I thought that only loyalists (or people who help their faction win in the battle over the Meridian Shipyard have the option to rejoin.

I got the choice to be a loyalist or saboteur. But I got no choice whether or not to join. When the expansion first came out all of my characters had the choice no matter loyal or sabo. This time none got it regardless.

• 2 weeks later...
I only recently completed Onslaught (relatively) and both of my loyalist characters had the opportunity to rejoin the Republic or Empire. I don't think they changed anything recently.

Ok. But I'm talking about Ossus, not Onslaught (which is Onderon & Mek-Sha). Understandable though because there are a lot of "O" planets! :-)

Then which choice are you talking about? There was a choice between Republic and Empire or Loyalist and Saboteur at the start, but there was never a choice to be independent on Ossus, I am pretty sure.

I'm talking about choices during Onslaught. On my Imp loyalist

I had the choice to keep the farming data or leave it. Then on another Imp loyalist I didn't.

I'm with OP.

I actually was wondering this myself.

It had been a while since my initial Imp characters I took through Ossus (at launch) and more recent characters (a few months back), and I could've sworn there was a choice for Imp characters to get the data.

Edited by absolutetristan

I'm with OP.

I actually was wondering this myself.

It had been a while since my initial Imp characters I took through Ossus (at launch) and more recent characters (a few months back), and I could've sworn there was a choice for Imp characters to get the data.

Thanks so much. Glad to see I'm not alone. I think they changed it and didn't say anything.

I'm certain it was never a choice.

Jedi Under Siege came out on the 11th of December 2018. The next patch was 9 days later.

This video is dated to the 12th:

This video is dated to the 11th:

This video is dated to the 16th:

This video is dated to the 13th:

Have you ever been able to find a single video of that scene being a choice?

Charles had specifically mentioned that in Onslaught he wanted the saboteur options to be player choices instead of automatic dialogue, which would suggest it was automatic before that. Every loyalist or saboteur scene on Ossus was automatically decided in every video I've ever seen of it.

Edited by OldVengeance

• 2 years later...
I just went through Ossus on a Saboteur and when it came to the farming data. the first time i ran Sabo, i got the option, to leave the data, send the data to the Alliance, or to send it to the Imperials. when i went through this time i got no option. i had some message show up in the bottom right that was only there for a moment, then had my contact in my ear saying something. all of it happened way too fast to know what was giong on since it was also going on durring a cutscene.