Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Returning player which class is just simply 'the best'

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Returning player which class is just simply 'the best'

Konta_Takuto
07.15.2021 , 10:32 AM | #1
I know every class is viable and has a place but I just want your opinion of what class you think is 'the best' like if you had to play one class for the rest of your playtime in the game which would it be?
Pissed off CE owner who survived patch 1.1

Jephryp
07.15.2021 , 01:22 PM | #2
Sage/Sorc. I love ranged dps and force powers!

BishopSMASH
07.16.2021 , 12:33 AM | #3
Objectively, Powertech. Personally, Juggernaut
Jugg and finesse.

JediQuaker
07.21.2021 , 10:46 AM | #4
Gunslinger. 🙂
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

TevosisHot
08.05.2021 , 03:28 AM | #5
Personally I'd say jugg, it's the only advanced class that I like its 3 specs.

Ramell
08.08.2021 , 10:28 AM | #6
Operative

JulWolle
08.09.2021 , 06:07 AM | #7
Objectively it is just Powertech/Vanguard. Just checkout parsley for top parse (not dummy but raid bosses). The Tank is also rly strong with the correct set as a 2. Tank. Rebounder can be an insane Utility, overall Pt is the strongest and marauder probably 2. strongest

xordevoreaux
08.19.2021 , 04:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Konta_Takuto View Post
I know every class is viable and has a place but I just want your opinion of what class you think is 'the best' like if you had to play one class for the rest of your playtime in the game which would it be?
Opinion: TK sage.

Pros:
1. I don't recall running all over creation in the consular story as much as I do for some other class stories
2. Has self-heals and nice simple dps rotation and I'm partial toward ranged DPS
3. It feels more Star-Warsy than most other classes
4. Fits in well with the KOTFE/KOTET lines (I think JK fits the best given its original class story)

Cons:
1. The ever-dying Yuon Paar wilting on the vine for half a class story drags, she's definitely spacebar-worthy
2. Massive inconsistencies/disparities for story-telling's sake for what the consular can and cannot do over time
3. Both Nolan North and Athena Karkanis should've consumed 2 pints of coffee before recording any lines
4. Not unique to the TK class story, but many dark-side class story options are simply snarky rather than truly evil
5. Writers intentionally ignoring force capabilities for plot twists (like not sensing Nadia Grell is force-sensitive)
6. Like many others, character has no long-term internal struggle that would deepen it, merely reacts to externals
About my SWTOR guilds
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.