Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior for expansions?

Dranexia

NO EXPANSION SPOILERS PLEASE!

I know this has been asked quite a few times and I've googled it to death, but I still can't make a decision.

I've played almost all the class storylines, and started the first couple of chapters of the expansions with my SW, but I can't help but feel as I play through it that I should really be playing as the Jedi Knight.

The SW seems to fit due to his position as Wrath but the whole 'saving the galaxy from destruction' thing, along with leading joint imperial/republic forces, seems like something a Jedi would take to more than a brutal sith lord.

Without spoilers, do you think I should play as the Jedi instead?

You are right that the whole "forging an alliance between Republic and Imperial forces to save the galaxy" seems more like a Jedi thing to do (personally I think it fits better with a Consular than a Knight), but depending on the choices you make, and the dialogue options you choose, your motivation can be quite different, and although the story is rather uniform regardless there are some choices that you can make that have some rather final outcomes.

That is to say, your Knight could have entirely altruistic motivations whereas you Warrior could be motivated by entirely different err...motivations, and that can make for some small but interesting changes to the story. Further, post Fallen Empire, Eternal Throne, and Fractured Alliances the story does split back along faction lines (more like the Makeb story), so to experience everything story wise you should play both.

No one fits it better than Knight honestly as Knight has the most direct connections, the most callbacks to the original Kotor games, and including with the companions. Warrior's aren't really involved with any of the main characters.....Emperor, Revan etc. Whereas Knight's companions play a crucial a role, and feel the most like a kotor 3 roster. Edited by vallixas

• 3 months later...

The expansion stories are mostly Jedi Knight(and Republic) focused and I feel like the Imperial characters overall experience story in a lesser way, compared to the Republic ones. It's mostly due to some small moments here and there, but there's a fair share of those moments.

For example, people that support your character and help in you in the Knights expansions are mostly tied in some way to the Republic. And some of them you can meet in the pre-Knights Republic content(like a certain fat doctor for example). Imperials, as far as I remember, hardly meet anyone.