Please consider letting us filter out of arena when queueing unranked.

nilssen

From my experience over the past week, either one team completely steamrolls the other or theres a team lacking a player or two.

From what I can tell a normal warzone with 16players can start when there's 4 players on each team. Which is the same as an arena match, yet there's only arenas popping in the evening. Not a single warzone.

I can appreciate that some people like the arena playstyle - that's fair. But from my experience there's a lot of people leaving before the arena match begins. It's been happening every other match I've had tonight and I'm guessing it's because they don't want to play arena. Why else would they join and leave in an instant.

I don't know. There's been a surge of players coming back since the game launched on steam and there's obviously something coming for the 10th anniversary that might attract new players.

Just thought I'd bring it up while waiting for another arena to pop.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arena WILL ONLY POP when there are not enough people in the queue.

If you are getting arena matches, it means you wouldn’t get 8v8 matches at all, so it gives you arena for something to do till there are enough people.

If they add a filter like you suggest, then at low pop times the queue can take hours to pop. Trust me, that’s how it used to be before they changed it.

I’m no fan of arena, but I would rather it pop arena than sitting in the queue for hours.

I think the main problem with regs arenas is mismatched roles or numbers. It leads to a really unfun experience in a lot of the matches. Who wants to go against two tanks and a healer as four dps or play straight up 2v4s? These kinds of matches leave a bad taste in players' mouths for good reason. They should just matchmake arenas the same way they do ranked and only put together mirrored compositions. Of course, cross role backfills would still exist, just like for ranked, but it would be a start.

If you are getting arena matches, it means you wouldn’t get 8v8 matches at all, so it gives you arena for something to do till there are enough people.

If they add a filter like you suggest, then at low pop times the queue can take hours to pop. Trust me, that’s how it used to be before they changed it.

I’m no fan of arena, but I would rather it pop arena than sitting in the queue for hours.

I'd rather sit in the queue for hours.

I understand.

But from perspective; I would rather sit in queue and hope for an 8v8, than be stuck in an arena.

I have lost count of how many arena matches I've had tonight where atleast one player has left before the match even begins. I haven't left a match myself, but I assume there's a deserter debuff that prevents you from re-queueing for some time. If these people are only queueing for the 8v8 and get put into arenas, then they are effectively throwing the matches for the people who enjoy arenas; and prolonging queues for everyone.

Personally I'm hoping for one queue button, with an added checkbox to toggle on or off arena.

I'd rather sit in the queue for hours than sit through an arena. At least i can do OTHER things waiting for a mode i actually want to play to pop, rather than have them interrupted for something i have to decide whether the 15 minute lockout is worth or not.

I'd rather sit in the queue for hours.

So the rest of us have to sit there with you?

The solution to your problem is simple. If you are popping arena, stop queuing for a few hours or leave the matches. Then requeue, if you pop another arena, just leave it because the 15 min lockout timer is not going to affect you. Which lets you requeue 4 times an hour till you pop 8v8.

I'd rather sit in the queue for hours than sit through an arena. At least i can do OTHER things waiting for a mode i actually want to play to pop, rather than have them interrupted for something i have to decide whether the 15 minute lockout is worth or not.

Like I said in the previous post, if you are popping arena, there aren’t enough people for 8v8, so a 15min lock out timer will have little affect on you.

Even if there wasn’t a lock out timer, leaving and requeuing wouldn’t give you a 8v8 match, it’s most likely going to give you another arena. So just leave each arena you pop and requeue 15mins later.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I think the main problem with regs arenas is mismatched roles or numbers. It leads to a really unfun experience in a lot of the matches. Who wants to go against two tanks and a healer as four dps or play straight up 2v4s? These kinds of matches leave a bad taste in players' mouths for good reason. They should just matchmake arenas the same way they do ranked and only put together mirrored compositions. Of course, cross role backfills would still exist, just like for ranked, but it would be a start.

I completely agree.

Most of the arenas I play at lvl 75 are totally one sided or in a lot of cases, 3v4 or class stacked. In lowbies a lot of matches are worse because they’ll putt all highest levels on one team and lowest on the other.

And then of course you have the same problems as ranked where you can have all ranged team vs all melee.

Bioware could address most of those problems if they gave a crap. Especially making 3v4 matches when there are only 7 people in the queue,

I understand.

But from perspective; I would rather sit in queue and hope for an 8v8, than be stuck in an arena.

I have lost count of how many arena matches I've had tonight where atleast one player has left before the match even begins. I haven't left a match myself, but I assume there's a deserter debuff that prevents you from re-queueing for some time. If these people are only queueing for the 8v8 and get put into arenas, then they are effectively throwing the matches for the people who enjoy arenas; and prolonging queues for everyone.

Personally I'm hoping for one queue button, with an added checkbox to toggle on or off arena.

I guess they could have a toggle that lets you keep sitting in the queue till an 8v8 pops and it wouldn’t affect it too negatively. But Bioware would need to make sure the players understood perfectly well what was happening and not leave it up us to try and educate the less initiated because Bioware don’t put systems in place to explain.

So the rest of us have to sit there with you?

The solution to your problem is simple. If you are popping arena, stop queuing for a few hours or leave the matches. Then requeue, if you pop another arena, just leave it because the 15 min lockout timer is not going to affect you. Which lets you requeue 4 times an hour till you pop 8v8.

Nope, just take them out of the rotation completely.

Grab a book, kiddo.

Nope, just take them out of the rotation completely.

Grab a book, kiddo.

Im not a kid. And I play outside of primetime when it already takes 10-20mins to pop. If they take them out of the rotation, all that means is pvp won’t pop for half the day or more.

I know how this goes because it was like this before the last mergers and before they implemented this system. I could literally sit in the queue for 3-4 hours and it wouldn’t pop. But since they changed the system, it’s down to 10-20 mins instead.

The simple solution for you if you don’t want to play arena is just don’t queue pvp or leave if you get one, I don’t have an option, you do,

So, this is not exactly the case. The system fills out more than a pool of players at once. Just like there are multiple warzones going on at the same time during the day, there are also during low peak times. It is not uncommon for a pool to have enough players for a warzone but another to be bunched into an arena.

Back before the debuff, you could leave the arena match and queue again to hopefully be pooled in the bigger group that is being sent to a warzone.

I think what people are asking here is an option to opt out of arena cause instead of playing arena they would rather play a warzone, the thing they actually queued for.

I think an OPTION to black list for arena is actually beneficial. It will lead to less people leaving arena matches and wouldn't depopulate the queue for those that don't want arena and who's only choice is to stop for the evening.

I too would rather stay 30 minutes in queue for a warzone than have 2 arena matches. But, i don't want to get in the way of those that do.

Edited by Nemmar

So, this is not exactly the case. The system fills out more than a pool of players at once. Just like there are multiple warzones going on at the same time during the day, there are also during low peak times. It is not uncommon for a pool to have enough players for a warzone but another to be bunched into an arena.

Back before the debuff, you could leave the arena match and queue again to hopefully be pooled in the bigger group that is being sent to a warzone.

I think what people are asking here is an option to opt out of arena cause instead of playing arena they would rather play a warzone, the thing they actually queued for.

I think an OPTION to black list for arena is actually beneficial. It will lead to less people leaving arena matches and wouldn't depopulate the queue for those that don't want arena and who's only choice is to stop for the evening.

I too would rather stay 30 minutes in queue for a warzone than have 2 arena matches. But, i don't want to get in the way of those that do.

If people are getting more arena than before, then the lock out is the problem because it’s removing people from the queue.

I predicted this was going to happen more and more and closer to prime time. But as usual I got shouted down and told it’s because of the time I play.

Now it’s happening more and more, and people want to remove arena which will make it even worse. It’s like killing the patient to get rid of the disease. This cure would be worse.

BioWare should just remove the deserter debuff until they have a new system in place for semi choosing map types. They have done this completely backwards and it’s driving people from pvp again (as I predicted) and will continue too until they tweak what they’ve done.

Removing arena isn’t the answer for the health of pvp because it’s supposed to only pop when queue number are low.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yup.

Arenas are an actively negative experience enough that for me (and others) we already forgo the positive experience of objective pvp.

Then don’t pvp. Don’t queue.

Asking for arena to be removed and have pops 6 hours long is stupid. This is the wrong game for you if that’s what you think a healthy pvp scene should be

If people are getting more arena than before, then the lock out is the problem because it’s removing people from the queue.

I predicted this was going to happen more and more and closer to prime time. But as usual I got shouted down and told it’s because of the time I play.

Now it’s happening more and more, and people want to remove arena which will make it even worse. It’s like killing the patient to get rid of the disease. This cure would be worse.

BioWare should just remove the deserter debuff until they have a new system in place for semi choosing map types. They have done this completely backwards and it’s driving people from pvp again (as I predicted) and will continue too until they tweak what they’ve done.

Removing arena isn’t the answer for the health of pvp because it’s supposed to only pop when queue number are low.

Hmm... i don't think that was what i was pointing out.

The debuff is fine cause leaving a match is not a good thing to have to do so you can try to be lucky to get a warzone one.

That is why i agree that an option would be a good thing. People who still want to pvp regardless of it being warzone or arena could still do so, and the queue wouldn't depopulate cause of it as others would just stay in queue until there are enough for a warzone.

Edited by Nemmar

Yes please.

After playing ranked arenas for 4 hours straight, I don't want to get an unranked arena :D

Only 8v8 in unranked, no arenas.

Please and thank you.

I disagree - I love pvp and I think arena has a place, but it is by no means a positive experience the way it is now. Not for me anyhow.

I disagree - I love pvp and I think arena has a place, but it is by no means a positive experience the way it is now. Not for me anyhow.

What are your main concerns with pvp right now?

I feel like being able to filter out arenas in unranked would be a good thing for me, because i play quite a lot of ranked.

And the 8v8 maps are what i love about unranked pvp. Especially now they got rid of Vandin and Quesh(thank god).

Great maps like Alderaan Civil War or Novare Coast never get old for me.

Also, the matchmaking system for unranked arenas often doesn't work as intended. Which means my buddy and I(both DPS) get another 2 DPS and get matched against a tank/heal premade. Which isn't really fair or fun tbh.