Exploration Missions

TheSpaceViking

For the longest time I was irritated because it seemed like a lot of the sidequests I remembered from playing the game years ago had vanished or been dummied out. The areas and NPCs were still standing around, but the quests themselves were unavailable.

Lo and behold, in BW/EA's drive to 'streamline' everything they essentially were. But not entirely, as they're now 'Exploration Missions' and there's a toggle for them. A very very unintuitive, hard-to-find, and easy to miss toggle if you don't know exactly what you're looking for and where to look.

I get it, they probably want to shove new players through the 1-50 content as fast as possible so they can get to the point where they actually have to spend money to continue. But could they at least make the fact that these missions exist and that there's an option to turn them on more visible?

As it is you have an influx of new players due to steam that are missing a lot of content because somebody decided it wasn't 'relevant' enough. I get that a lot of them are 'fetch me 12 random item' quests, but there's some good stories and valuable lore content that's now essentially hidden to a good chunk of the playerbase.

Edited by TheSpaceViking

It has always been strange to me that the default toggle for that is "off."

Agreed. Frankly, at no point do I need to turn off any quests. There are already loads of all sort of quests in the game (class, planet arc, bonus arcs, non-exploration sidequests, fps, more fps, wzs, ops, dailies, space); you will be overleveled and distracted and non-streamlined anyway. Yet BW decides to single out this particular category and turn it off by default ... cuz reezons™

Yeah, the default should either be on or there should be a tutorial popup (like you get the first time a new character opens their inventory or the stronghold window) that tells people about the toggle and what it does.