Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I thought it was supposed to be bounty contract week... not Gree...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I thought it was supposed to be bounty contract week... not Gree...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chaharbagh
02.25.2021 , 08:05 AM | #11
Bring back the Bounty Contract dailies on Ord Mantell and Hutta for characters level 28 and higher!
Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever has not kindness has not faith. -Muhammad (Peace be upon him)

Nee-Elder
02.25.2021 , 02:13 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by chaharbagh View Post
Bring back the Bounty Contract dailies on Ord Mantell and Hutta for characters level 28 and higher!
Or better yet: Let ALL Bounty Hunter players be able to , ohh i don't know, HUNT BOUNTIES whenever they want to , instead just for 1 week every 6-8 weeks because of rotating game-code. /boggle

As if Boba Fett or Shae Vizla would just sit around sipping blue-milk all month while known fugitives just run rampid over the galaxy.

Oh and before the haters come out and say "But that would ruin the EVENT!!!?!?! )#*%$(*)&& !!!!!" ----- uhhh, no it wouldn't , cuz all they (BioWare) would have to do is: Make the Event as strictly 'kingpin' bounties only, with the chance to unlock....drum-roll please.....PLAYER BOUNTIES.

*Which would be OPT-IN only, as in only players who choose the option to be hunted (just like choosing to run warzones or play in the pvp instance per planet) would be placed on the 'player bounty board' for credit amounts scaled based on their 'valor' stat and 'prestige' number.

"But the game is too instanced & phased!" ----Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah, status quo x infinity, excuses excuses excuses.

p.s. the guts of the code already exists in-game, with guild-on-guild 'challenge' system
Never tell me the odds! - (Fix GSF! 4.0ur *Community*)

Toraak
02.25.2021 , 02:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Nee-Elder View Post
Or better yet: Let ALL Bounty Hunter players be able to , ohh i don't know, HUNT BOUNTIES whenever they want to , instead just for 1 week every 6-8 weeks because of rotating game-code. /boggle

As if Boba Fett or Shae Vizla would just sit around sipping blue-milk all month while known fugitives just run rampid over the galaxy.

Oh and before the haters come out and say "But that would ruin the EVENT!!!?!?! )#*%$(*)&& !!!!!" ----- uhhh, no it wouldn't , cuz all they (BioWare) would have to do is: Make the Event as strictly 'kingpin' bounties only, with the chance to unlock....drum-roll please.....PLAYER BOUNTIES.

*Which would be OPT-IN only, as in only players who choose the option to be hunted (just like choosing to run warzones or play in the pvp instance per planet) would be placed on the 'player bounty board' for credit amounts scaled based on their 'valor' stat and 'prestige' number.

"But the game is too instanced & phased!" ----Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah, status quo x infinity, excuses excuses excuses.

p.s. the guts of the code already exists in-game, with guild-on-guild 'challenge' system
I don't think player bounties would even be worth Dev time at this point. If open world PvP was a thing sure, but the PvP servers were very quick to die in this game, and even the open world PvP on Iokath when they attempted to encourage it didn't go over well with the majority of players. Let's face it the PvP instances on all the planets are also dead.

Nee-Elder
02.25.2021 , 04:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
I don't think player bounties would even be worth Dev time at this point.

. Let's face it the PvP instances on all the planets are also dead.
Do you have actual server-metrics data to back up your statement?

Didn't think so.

I've been playing in the PVP instances 95% of my playtime since 2011 (when we used to have entire PVP servers) and these instances , while often barren yes, are far from "completely dead" in my experience. In fact, it's that very *risk* of maybe running into an enemy player that makes it all the more fun & exciting imo.

Furthermore, GREE Ilum pvp zone for the Event is as busy as ever (at least on 'Star Forge' server) . /shrug

Regardless, even if you're correct (or even half correct) , then all the more reason to inject some LIFE into open-world PVP. And PLAYER bounties could be the syringe.

Remember what BioWare just did with 300 augments & Ranked PVP Weekly? uh-huh , motivation carrot-on-a-stick incentives can be a powerful thing for gamers, if done properly.
Never tell me the odds! - (Fix GSF! 4.0ur *Community*)

DarkTergon
02.25.2021 , 05:01 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Nee-Elder View Post
Do you have actual server-metrics data to back up your statement?

Didn't think so.

I've been playing in the PVP instances 95% of my playtime since 2011 (when we used to have entire PVP servers) and these instances , while often barren yes, are far from "completely dead" in my experience. In fact, it's that very *risk* of maybe running into an enemy player that makes it all the more fun & exciting imo.

Furthermore, GREE Ilum pvp zone for the Event is as busy as ever (at least on 'Star Forge' server) . /shrug

Regardless, even if you're correct (or even half correct) , then all the more reason to inject some LIFE into open-world PVP. And PLAYER bounties could be the syringe.

Remember what BioWare just did with 300 augments & Ranked PVP Weekly? uh-huh , motivation carrot-on-a-stick incentives can be a powerful thing for gamers, if done properly.
I play on the pvp instances mostly too, why, because they are dead, most of the time, you'd be lucky to have 2 or 3.
Even in ilum, the numbers aren't much higher, 10 (ish), and even then chat is full of people whinging that they are getting ganked at the mission spot. The engine can't take proper OWPvP, it has been tried, even when people are going for the commanders and another group tries to stop them, most people complain of lag issues.

CoraxTechnica
03.02.2021 , 02:23 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityTeam View Post
Hi folks,

For those who are looking for Bounty Contract Week, we are exploring adjusting the schedule to account for the fact that it was missed this week. Keep an eye on the in-game event page for any updates.

Why on earth did you decide to put it at the end of March now and the boring Pirate Incursions in front of it?
Make us wait longer, for what!?
If you're playing like a subscriber, you should be paying like a subscriber.

DarkTergon
03.02.2021 , 03:24 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CoraxTechnica View Post
Why on earth did you decide to put it at the end of March now and the boring Pirate Incursions in front of it?
Make us wait longer, for what!?
Because...for some reason, it's set in stone...no idea why,. but it is. Probably because it's programmed in advanced, and it would cause issues to change it.
On a side note, I agree the bounty hunter event would be better :-D