Introducing Legendary Items

JackieKo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest I like the idea if its not another misdirection with some sort of EA ordered mind trickery....

However as I noted in suggestions allow people to trade in hard to acquire set bonuses for said such items. Absolutely no one wants to regrind for a clone of Apex, Endless Offensive, etc.

Would 100% love to switch out the 4 piece bonus and keep the 6 piece part of Apex so that would be cool.

Also given that we had 3 bonuses in most sets and two items. Does this mean we're all losing those alacrity/mastery/endurance boosts? Or will those be applied as 1% bonuses on weapons or something (ok with that as a change)

I like the idea personally, as long as its not a crazy rng exploit meant to force a grind. As that's a very short sighted way to lose players not extend their length of playtime.

This is one of the first 7.0 things that actually seems like it might be a good thing. Bad outweighs the good by far right now, but gotta put positive constructive feedback when it's deserved.

Edited by TheVoyant

How will this affect achievements for sets?

Most likely, based on what's happened with prior systems that went away (like Galactic Seasons), if you have the achievement, you keep it. If you don't, it's no longer obtainable.

Same thing for renown levels, I expect, as well (so I'm currently farming up all the legacy titles for that).

I like the ability to mix/match bonuses. However, it comes at the cost of one bonus; where as with the current set bonuses players get up to 3 bonuses. But being limited to just 2 items, is again tying one hand behind the players' backs.

Also, with the bonus being tied to implants and ear pieces, implementation of this is 2-piece limit is going to be difficult for BW I'm sure. My advice to BW would be to let us have up to 3 legendary items and bonuses.

My recommendation would be to limit the Ear piece to +5% Endurance/Mastery/Shield/Alacrity/etc. Put other ability bonuses on the implants.

This keeps the players with 3 bonuses and makes BW programming so munch more simpler and hopefully fewer bugs. Because we all know BW never changes something without introducing a host of bugs. ;) ;)

I just want to add to the chorus of those expressing concern that this change will nullify the 50% XP boost for the Victorious Pioneer's armor set. However, if this means the set is broken, and it cannot be fixed quickly enough, this can be easily remedied by offering Victorious Pioneer's Legendary Items. The VP Legendary items could be a two-piece set with each one offering a 25% xp boost. Those of us who earned the set back during DvL should, of course, get these two items as in-game mail.

I am very interested in seeing just how we'll be able to level up these pieces in terms of cost and how easily needed mats or tokens will be to obtain. For those of us who have obtained gear sets or individual pieces, selling them to vendors should result in receiving some of these tokens/components--I'm not asking for a 1:1 trade, with us being able to immediately get the corresponding Legendary Items, but say at least 25% of what's needed. Is that reasonable?

I like the Victor's SET bonus on many Jedi, the 2, 4 and 6 piece SET bonus likely be desirable for many. There are several other SETs from Concentrated Fire 2/4/6, Established Foothold 2/4/6, Meteor Brawler 2/4/6 that also GREAT.

They also likely want to FOCUS first on at least 2-3 Healing SETs that work for various class based on Combat Style, as well as 2-3 Tank SETs based on Combat Style as well.

While there are some more desirable Assault SETs that also highly desirable for Jedi & Sith, similar to Apex Predator for Trooper's. I could see those being introduced a bit later? But can't really say, just wished the OLD SETs at least carry you thru to 75-79!

QUESTION IS

Will new GEAR sets have at least a choice of 1 SET bonus that requires all 7 pieces to enable?

All we really know is old SETs 2/4/6 bonus being moved to Earpiece, and at most 1 Implants that can be Legendary. Is that limited only to the Earpiece, and just the 1st Implant slot to enable the bonus?

I like the ability to mix/match bonuses. However, it comes at the cost of one bonus...

Also, with the bonus being tied to implants and ear pieces, implementation of this is 2-piece limit is going to be difficult for BW I'm sure. My advice to BW would be to let us have up to 3 legendary items and bonuses.

All I can HOPE, is they move 1 SET bonus into Armor that requires all 7 pieces perhaps?

I agree, it's also a bit concerning!

──────

Also HOPEFUL they allow removing of Class limitations for OLD sets, to be used as Outfit's on all classes so it's a reason to KEEP 1 of each SET in Legacy Bank.

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

Dear BW-people,

why can't you make one extensive article about 7.0 as a whole? I don't like all the small tidbits that are getting announced. It feels to me like you're just making things up along the way without a consistent plan.

WHAT EXACTLY IS YOUR FULL PLAN WITH 7.0, Mr. Kanneg?

What are you trying to achieve with all those many BIG changes which pretty much nobody had requested?

There are some good things in it, sure, but the overall cost is too high for me. Nothing about 7.0 entices me. Nothing. I dread the update. That ain't a good outlook for my future as a player.

7.0 doesn't appeal to me at all from what I learned so far through your short tidbits and the very unsatisfying PTS-builds. That's why I decided to unsubscribe after all these years. My sub ends in January. I can thus still play the new story fully for a couple of weeks. I lost all my motivation to continue helping to fund this game due to the direction this game is taking. I will continue as a preferred player. Money is not an issue. It's just that I really, really don't want to support Mr. Kanneg's vision for this game any longer. He so obviously wants me to play this game not my way.

I've been on this board since 2009, and in the game since summer 2011 (beta). Continuously playing and paying since early start 2011. I was happy until Mr. Kanneg took over. Since then it has been a constant decrease in quality. It is obvious that my way of playing this game is not how Mr. Kanneg wants people to play his game. I don't think I had one positive post here during the last year. By withdrawing my financial support, I hope that my mind gets more ease regarding this game. Good luck, Mr. Kanneg.

I like the ability to mix/match bonuses. However, it comes at the cost of one bonus; where as with the current set bonuses players get up to 3 bonuses. But being limited to just 2 items, is again tying one hand behind the players' backs.

My recommendation would be to limit the Ear piece to +5% Endurance/Mastery/Shield/Alacrity/etc. Put other ability bonuses on the implants.

This keeps the players with 3 bonuses and makes BW programming so munch more simpler and hopefully fewer bugs. Because we all know BW never changes something without introducing a host of bugs. ;) ;)

There is NO ear legendary. It was a mistake on the blog. They said so.

Please leave this stuff to WoW where it belongs! At least don't name it legendaries! Do we have to farm star ash and star cinders for it?

Of course not. It's GalaxyDust and GalaxyEmbers that we farm in Starghast, the new solo experience everyone never wanted! :p

• 2 weeks later...
So what happens to set bonus gear in 7.0? Existing in tandem?

What happens to tacticals?

Will we be able to have multiple active set bonuses active to create player agency similarly to what tacticals gave us, and what we would have had in 6.0 if gear sets were set to 3/6 piece bonuses instead of 4/6?

I think they were foolish to take SETs out of Armor, and most we've seen in Legendary aren't always even as nice. A few class have some that perhaps are, yet still I'm surprised they didn't REVISE and take out all the 2% bonus. Then just do 3/6 piece bonus on Armor.

Still perhaps having them in Legendary Implants, you might eventually get two 6 SET bonus. Yet also that Rarely makes sense to do, because if you lost the 10% bonus offered by the 2nd bonus it wouldn't make much sense.

Old Armor SETs should have stayed from 75-79. Then they could have adjusted SETs for 80 Armor to be 3/6 as I'd think that encourage more to get them! People will always use outfit's for appearance anyways, not care about mixing and matching Armor as they suggested. So would have been wiser to leave Frag's IN for 80 Armor as well, even if the cost in Credit's Increased to 1.5m each and required 3,500. :(

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

They DO what they THINK is best, even if we disagree... While Frag's will remain for 75 SETs, to acquire as outfit's. With Renown also gone just seems like they taking so much out, Loosing 2 of 3 abilities for each Class really STUNG, not to mention loss of Combat Proficiency!

My only guess is we'll maybe see Galactic Season's Gear, perhaps offer Mod's in their Gear next Season, or perhaps a few MOD's to depending what our Item Level is. Still it will take far longer to grow all our TOONs as several have 10+ and many more; even if it offers a few less COINs?

Edited by Strathkin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
it's trus legendaries item LET IT AT WOW and let swtor like swtor MUST BE don't force us to USE this no swtor system and give back to swtor his SOUL and and what the PLAYERS need and not theirs lubbies. And if they play at SWTOR.......... THEY would know THIS.................. instead pretend give a better gears system.... who SUCK literally ....... on paper listen your players instead doing **** like all the great industries like infogramme before.........

I completed the process to unlock the implants and was disappointed with my options. Copied several characters over with 9/10 gsf weeklies to net the necessary tech frags but I have no feasible way to earn enough coms until the conquest reset since content rewards so little of it outside the weekly.

While the concept of attaching a "set bonus" to implants doesn't bother me, it should at least feel rewarding. Currently the gearing system and pruning gives a constant "put a ton of work to feel less powerful than you used to be vibe".

you will lose all your used procedures mean for me our gameplay with this **** , i did a lot in operations mean got skills :-) with the 6.0 but with the 7.0 . NIM is not for everyone available....... so like i said THE COVEN OF THE NIM will be fine and the rest of the community could die in a corner why ??????? NIM PLAYERS are gods for bioware or what ???? they will count only on THE COVEN NIM PLAYERS and that's all........

And our gameplay is based on our skills and our stuff mean the atrributes of gears to ;-) our spells who do our cycles and a lot of all of this is seen as bad for bioware but before we had the same index and only OUR SKILLS did the difference NOW we are **** for THEM the BIGGEST PART of the community and THE COVEN OF THE NIM PLAYERS ARE THEIR GODS....................... Ane our stuff 306 ARE BETTER than 318 is umbelievable and THIS difference of index statut between subscribers is AWFUL and discremination