Does companion level increase mission rewards ?

Varlak

I know it does derease the time for completion and that it is boosting the chance to critical on crafting but does it increase the number of item rewared by a mission ?

Trying to figure if it worth spending over 9M per companion on my character that have all mission skills and no crafting.

Directly no, though crits provide more rewards, and increasing companion levels increases the chance of crit returns.

Absolutely correct

Trying to figure if it worth spending over 9M per companion on my character that have all mission skills and no crafting.

Huh? It’s three dark projects and 4.25 million. Are dark projects so expensive as to be more than 1.5 million these days?

The 3-pack for 1850 cartel coins is a decent deal too. IMO.

Huh? It’s three dark projects and 4.25 million. Are dark projects so expensive as to be more than 1.5 million these days?

The 3-pack for 1850 cartel coins is a decent deal too. IMO.

The current lowest price for dark projects on the GTN is a hair shy of 1.6 million. I think they've actually been falling in price lately, but it's also been weeks since I last looked at the prices, so I could easily be wrong.

I usually save up the CCs for the 3-pack myself. Lord knows I won't be able to craft dark projects to buy the compendiums that way anytime soon. Still have no idea what possessed them to take them out of veteran FPs.

The current lowest price for dark projects on the GTN is a hair shy of 1.6 million. I think they've actually been falling in price lately, but it's also been weeks since I last looked at the prices, so I could easily be wrong.

I usually save up the CCs for the 3-pack myself. Lord knows I won't be able to craft dark projects to buy the compendiums that way anytime soon. Still have no idea what possessed them to take them out of veteran FPs.

So make them yourself.

The 8 Refined Isotope Stabilisers are available from the "Prototype" Jawa vendor in the Cartel Bazaar area of the Fleet for 12 blue Jawa tokens(1) each. (i.e. for zero credits, and a 90% reasonable number of tokens).

The 1 Iokath Recombinator is available from a vendor in the Staging Area on Odessen for 260 000 credits. That stings a little, but it's doable.

The other ingredient is 1 War Supplies: Invasion Force, which isn't *that* expensive to make.

(1) Scrap: Assorted Droid Parts. The vendor is called Mnek.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

I would err against buying the compendiums for CC coins.

Instead, take 1500 coins you would've put towards the 3, buy black/black dye, sell for 150-200million, and then purchase a full suite of 8 companions for 34million plus 24 projects (on our server they go for 750-800k tops so 24*800k is 16million) meaning you've made up to a cool 100 million AND 5 extra companions.

Edit: I got lazy with 24*800k and it should read as 19.2million, so 43.2 total.

Edited by Dmnqwk

Dark Projects are a grey difficulty item when crafted by a max-level crew skill character, so they have a high chance to crit on craft, resulting in 2 Dark Projects for the 1 Iokath / 1 War Supply.

Also, the compendiums for CC in the CM is a staggeringly bad deal - convert the CC to just about anything (dyes, boosts, packs) and sell for credits on GTN, use credits to buy Dark Projects and compendiums from the Fleet vendor, and easily boost multiples more companions for the same CC input and/or have lots of credits left over.

Dark Projects are a grey difficulty item when crafted by a max-level crew skill character, so they have a high chance to crit on craft, resulting in 2 Dark Projects for the 1 Iokath / 1 War Supply.

Also, the compendiums for CC in the CM is a staggeringly bad deal - convert the CC to just about anything (dyes, boosts, packs) and sell for credits on GTN, use credits to buy Dark Projects and compendiums from the Fleet vendor, and easily boost multiples more companions for the same CC input and/or have lots of credits left over.

In terms of crits for this sort of crafting, I usually see a decent amount:

Dark Projects normally return 13ish of 16 (meaning from the 8 crafters, each round has 5 critical successes)

Invasion Forces normally only do 12 of 16

War Supplies are normally around 11 of 16 (lower than invasion for me, dunno why)

With Jawa scrap buying the materials, 3 crafters ( 1 biochem, 1 arms/armor, 1 synth/artif) can combine to make 1 Dark Project for around 350 green jawa scrap and 50 blue jawa scrap. It's a hefty initial investment, but well worth it in the long run)