Jadus choice... *SPOILERS*

Path-x

Does anyone else feel that joining Jadus doesn't make sense later. So you join him and you eliminate Zhorrid to gain back him council seat (winch he doesn't occupy after that anyway). As the story is pre-set, you get brainwashed one way or another. So that makes him look like a powerless guy since he could not protect you. Another story point that goes against joining him is that in other choices you can arrest him. So that means that after chapter 1 he can't be around any more in order to make sense for those options. Then if you join him it makes no sense since everything went according his plan and yet he somehow has to run somewhere.

So the most logical choice is firing eradicators (which makes a good reason for firing current minister) and then arresting him (which makes a good reason for 1) you getting brainwashed since no one can protect you and 2) him not being around any more after chapt1).

Edited by Path-x

You don't actually arrest Jadus, no matter what choices you make. You can stop his plan a variety of ways, but no matter which way you go about it, he escapes and his whereabouts are unknown after Chapter 1. I haven't played a "Hand of Jadus" Agent (I ought to one of these days), so I can't comment too much there, but I'd imagine that the reason he doesn't prevent the Agent's brainwashing there is (a)the same reason you can convince him to run in one choice...he doesn't have the power to defy the entirety of the rest of the Council, and (b)he's Darth-freakin'-Jadus and he's pretty okay with the whole concept of brainwashed minions anyway.

I am pretty sure you arrest him. I played through both dark side options: one being Defender of the Empire where you trap him in a forcefield and a few DC members come to take him, the other being Tyranny Triumphant where you join him.

Joining him feels quite dumb. Even when you do Makeb and you tell Marr that you take orders only from Jadus... he kind of mock you by saying that he is not around and won't be for quite some time. I mean where the hell did he go? And more importantly, why did he disappear if his "dream came true"?

Edited by Path-x

(I assume there're spoilers for Chapters one and two, since you've mentioned them in the original post, correct?)

I think it depends on whether you like Jadus or not. I've been intrigued by the guy from the start, and totally hooked by the time I saw the first scene with him at the Intelligence Headquarters. I'm absolutely happy I was given a choice to become his Hand, and my character took it(and she's a female character, so there's a bit of villain-worship, too).

I agree, he's not in the game much afterwards. But Chapter 2 (Watcher X! Another character I love to bits. "Dangerous. Interesting." I'm so glad I made a dark choice on Nar Shaddaa!) is so interesting that I barely missed him, and there are small reminders everywhere anyway: people calling you the Hand of Jadus, a small quest on Hoth, a meeting with Darth Jadus at the beginning of Chapter 3, and finally, the epilogue choice. I think that being the Hand of Jadus fits the epilogue perfectly, otherwise it'd just be "oh, whatever shall I do with this (spoiler)? I'm no Sith anyway".

Logically, yes, Eradicators firing = bad, Jadus bringing infighting to the Council = bad. But we're in the Empire, where everyone's out for themselves. Becoming the hand of the most powerful Sith after the Emperor, who is also incredibly charismatic? (and your own boss, the Keeper/Minister betrays you, by the way, so you've got no one) Yes, please. And I think it makes sense that Darth Jadus didn't protect the Agent from Chapter 2 brainwashing: after all, it's Sith philosophy through and through - you should be strong enough to deal with it yourself.

Yes, and as you convince Jadus as his plan is doomed, he says that your character is one of those rare ones that have both his hatred and his respect... and leaves. Forever. And you're stuck with Watcher 2 for the rest of the... well, the. Story-wise, that works, character-wise, that would be a neverending regret for me.

The fact that you can defeat him in combat at all is the most idiotic thing ever. No matter how skilled the agent may be, we are talking about someone incredibly powerful in the Force here.

Just like on republic side on Corellia, you kill 3 council member. THREE. How could a smuggler possibly do such a thing? A straight up fight against a Force user of that magnitude as a non-Force user is retarded.

The fact that you can defeat him in combat at all is the most idiotic thing ever. No matter how skilled the agent may be, we are talking about someone incredibly powerful in the Force here.

I know the gameplay doesn't really support this (since you wittle him down to 1 health several times, and all that), but as far as the story is concerned you're never a match for him. All you do is slow him down enough that Watcher 2 has time to trap him in a force field. I can just about buy that a cipher agent who recieved training in eliminating Jedi could live long enough to pull that off.

Edited by Bleeters

Just like on republic side on Corellia, you kill 3 council member. THREE. How could a smuggler possibly do such a thing? A straight up fight against a Force user of that magnitude as a non-Force user is retarded.

At least with the agent you don't actually kill him but rather just trap him with some technology trick. But Smuggler or Trooper killing 3 DC members in a straight up is beyond retarded.

Edited by Path-x

• 8 years later...

This has been a bone of contention regarding BioWare's story crafting for me. I think non-force users should have an alternative story and perspective while playing through because they certainly don't really fit anywhere in KOTFE or beyond, except maybe as the alliance leader, but they can arrive there another way. I don't believe that Valkorion would be so desperate to possess the mind of a non-force user albeit a non-force user may enjoy having force powers.

I know in the movies you have non-force users in battles alongside the Jedi fighting Sith and vice versa. But, when you are talking about the most powerful of the Sith ... Valkorion and his children, I can't see a non-force user actually winning. I mean Hans Solo shot at Darth Vader who wasn't the most powerful of the Sith ... and, well, we see how that went.

Personally, it would have been cool if the Agent, wakes up out of carbonite and has to go behind the scenes of Zakul ... and if your choices from the first three chapters actually continued in the expansions. For example, at the end of the Inquisitor story you can keep, release, or cleanse the force apparitions within you - but, if you keep them against their will you don't get any darkside points nor does that story play out at all. The one reason you were powerful enough to defeat Thanaton is because of the combined power of those spirits. Keeping them, would essentially make you the most powerful Sith in the Galaxy. Then, when Valkorion forcewalks with you ... your character should be able to bind him in the end. Also, given he co-exists with the other spirits in your mind, they should make an appearance at least to reference your story. The end of the Inquisitor story was epically powerful; You rose to power from slavery, learned of your ancient Sith lineage and of your ability to consume force apparitions to increase your power. Why wouldn't you jump at consuming the Emperor? It's like you forgot you are a ghost eater ...

By the words of Kreia to Aton Rand: the force is the greatest strength of the jedi (and sith) but also their greatest weakness, as they rely on it so much that they are blind without it. Even a lowlife criminal (like Aton) is superior to Jedi and Sith and that regard. Non-force users have to put in hard work in order to survive in a galaxy stacked against them, and the ones that do survive will have their skills honed to a level that should not be underestimated by any force user.

Words that are reflected by what Satele Shan and the players character (can) say to Tenebrae in the last standoff against him. Power bears arrogance, arrogance bears blindness.

Darth Jadus may not draw out all of his power in the battle against the agent, most likely due to said arrogance he underestimates non-force users. A mistake that can be lethal for any member of the sith council as Theron Shan once proved when he killed a member of the sith council. (in the comics about Master Zho)

The council members on Corellia most likely paid that price for underestimating the rep non-force player characters.

Power and deception can get people into the sith council, but: "power without wisdom is worthless" and for that reason, most sith don't really seem to stay members of the concil for long.

The ones who do are the big names like Darth Marr.

So yeah, a smuggler smacking 3 council members is perfectly fine.

If they can't win, they don't deserve their chairs anyways. The sith have no tolerance for weakness.