Bug: Guild Perk Schedule Ran Out

UlaVii

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

I have an update for you all. The fix needed to resolve this issue will require some downtime. Here are the details that I can share with you right now:

• We are looking into a maintenance downtime early next week. We will be posting details once everything is set.
  • Estimated downtime will be about 2.5 hours starting in the morning (much like our regular maintenance timeframe)
  • As this does require downtime, we will also be implement a fix to resolve the issue with Kai Zykken's inventory

Will post more concrete details on timing once we have them.

Thanks!

Ok, Weekly Reset has come and gone, and still no patch. And now our guild perks are about to expire. When are we going to see an actual fix? FYI, it is "early next week" tomorrow will be mid-week. I believe your original time frame is about to pass and not only do we have no fix, but there hasn't been any further communications about ANY possible time frame, or when we can expect this fix. If it isn't going to be done until February 15th, just say so. That way, at least, we won't be expecting a fix in a timely manner. Thanks.

Why is it that people are still surprised when they give us bad information?

It doesn't really matter if they are just wrong a lot if the time, or if they are intentionally misleading us. The result is still the same. Next to giving us no information at all, the thing that they seem to be best at their ability to give us bad information. Maybe that's why I have such a hard time trusting them.

Still waiting on a fix. One guild has almost 0 perks with nothing to choose from and the other is starting to lose them with same results. Capped on guild commendations so losing those too. Some communication please when you plan to hit fix. Am I surprised with no response? No, not really. This is likely not a high priority with a pending xpack but ignored paying customers won't continue to pay if problems aren't addressed. Hope the devs know this.

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

Update for the Guild Perks schedule issue. As mentioned previously, we were investigating a fix which could resolve the issue during a planned downtime. We do have that fix ready, however, it will need to be deployed inside of a patch. Due to that, we are going to put this fix into our next planned patch which is 7.0. Though we are unable to patch this week, expect the Guild Perks schedule (and Kai Zykken) to be fixed at 7.0.

I understand that this is not ideal, but I wanted to let you all know about this update as soon as possible so you know what to expect in the coming weeks before 7.0 launch.

Thank you,

Jackie

Hi everyone,

Update for the Guild Perks schedule issue. As mentioned previously, we were investigating a fix which could resolve the issue during a planned downtime. We do have that fix ready, however, it will need to be deployed inside of a patch. Due to that, we are going to put this fix into our next planned patch which is 7.0. Though we are unable to patch this week, expect the Guild Perks schedule (and Kai Zykken) to be fixed at 7.0.

I understand that this is not ideal, but I wanted to let you all know about this update as soon as possible so you know what to expect in the coming weeks before 7.0 launch.

Thank you,

Jackie

quite expected at as we are only a few weeks off 7.0 but regardless its disappointing considering this has been an ongoing issue since the original release date for 7.0 which impacts kai, the galactic season's vendor as well as the guild perks

10 year anniversary has been quite unimpressive so far, guess the advantage is that the only way forward is up, right?

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Dear BW.

Please stop promising... anything. You're just making things worse and worse with every promise.

Thx

To be fair they didn't promise, they said they were "looking into" patching it this week.

So I guess guilds will have to suffer no Zeal/Fortune/Tax Evasion for the next 3 weeks.

Hi everyone,

Thank you,

Jackie

So is this something where the engineers were told to draw seven red lines, strictly perpendicular, some with green ink and some with transparent ink, and you were told to announce the plan without anyone on the team first checking with the engineers that it could be done? Otherwise, what is the justification for announcing a fix for this week and then waiting til it's due to say it won't work logistically. It's evident from past stuff said y'all have some weird stuff going on with source control and scheduling infrastructure relating to server updates, so what made the team think it would be different this time, that confuses me.

I hope many players will honor what you are doing.

I am totally fine with postponing the update (maybe even further as I do not think it is ready ... see weapon design feature...) But I can not accept that this breaks currenty game features. Okay it can be forgetten after you delayed 7.0 But 2 Month without patching this is not really a good sign for the future of this game.

Come on. The 10 years aniversery should be something speciall. But inside it may be the last...

So is this something where the engineers were told to draw seven red lines, strictly perpendicular, some with green ink and some with transparent ink, and you were told to announce the plan without anyone on the team first checking with the engineers that it could be done?

For those who have not previously witnessed this gem:

Hi everyone,

Thank you,

Jackie

:mad: not cool.

our Guild is really unhappy & disappointed about that.

And its not the first time - that we get so extreme Bugs from a normal Server Maintenance or Patch.

& now our Guild "waste" a lot Commendations - because we are since last Week at 600 ! and cant spend them.....

Edited by Thrawnlianus

Hi everyone,

Thank you,

Jackie

And when will 7.0 launch? I know that you told us that it would be Feb. 15th, but is that really the date that we should expect it, or will you just wait until the last minute to let us know that it is being delayed again?

Hi everyone,

Thank you,

Jackie

So Jackie let me get this right by the time 7.0 comes out we will be 3 months into Bioware self called year long 10th anniversary "celebrations" and you guys have broken and removed more than you have added (because you have added nothing so far). This is not a good look for the remaining 9 months is it.

This isn't a celebration its another Bioware farce.

To be fair they didn't promise, they said they were "looking into" patching it this week.

So I guess guilds will have to suffer no Zeal/Fortune/Tax Evasion for the next 3 weeks.

First, no. When BW says they have a fix, tell us the amount of downtime it will require, a time frame for implementation, and so forth - that does not imply 'looking into' patching it. It is a series of statements about actually patching it. Read her post about it again.

This is screwing my small guild over. We have members trying to finish certain achievements before 7.0 launches, and several perks were very useful to them. Worse than that, it is just another sad piece of evidence that BioWare is totally incapable of making any promise they can actually keep, especially in a year they claim is celebratory. So far, the only thing to celebrate is continued failure to deliver not only things the players have asked for (or even the coming things we did not ask for), but also things we already had that were not supposed to be removed in the first place. It's negative progress.

Well on the bright side I guess this confirms some sort of guild perk revision was in the works as of 7.0, because i can think of literally no other reason why the guild perk schedule would have gotten screwed up to a point where it would need to be fixed as part of a full patch or update.

Downside is of course, we're stuck using trash perks to get our set bonuses, and engineering room perks are never level 1 so those are now useless.

Well on the bright side I guess this confirms some sort of guild perk revision was in the works as of 7.0, because i can think of literally no other reason why the guild perk schedule would have gotten screwed up to a point where it would need to be fixed as part of a full patch or update.

Downside is of course, we're stuck using trash perks to get our set bonuses, and engineering room perks are never level 1 so those are now useless.

Or maybe they just put off updating the schedule until the last minute, and then forgot to do it. That seems consistent with the way they do things at Bioware. After all, when is the last time they put out a monthly event calendar before the month started? They seem to always wait until the first week is about to end, or the second week has begun to post it, so this is just business as usual for them.

Things like this happening should be unacceptable, but it is the norm with this game and studio and indicates that either they are not able to even maintain their own game to function, or they are planning to push through wildly unpopular design decisions unannounced (as been done plenty of times already) or both!

I was using the crafting bonuses from guild flagship and this 4 weeks period of missing those will cost me billions in losses. Thanks bugware!

I also expect them to ruin current crafting system and take a 360 on whatever is possible so I cannot even just suspend crafting activities, because come 7.0 all mats may become useless and vendor trash for 1-to-1 credit ratio.

Cannot wait for 7.0!

Time and time again this game proves that it does not worth any dedication or effort or money put into it.

Edited by Augustus

The schedule data is stored in the game client files. It was only set to run until the original 7.0 date when we would of received the new schedule with the patch files.

History indicates the devs had forgotten about the Guild Perks system:

• Some perks have been broken since they launched.
  • No new perks added.
  • Perk titles and descriptions were never updated and still say "Command" instead of "Renown".
  • No new rewards or features added to the Guild Level system.
  • Thousands of Reinforcement Modules stacked in storage due to limited usages.
  • Guild Commendations throttling system has not been updated so you actually get punished for progressing to higher guild levels.

Being able to pick perks and bonuses for our guilds is supposed to be a reward for being active and reaching higher levels but the whole system is overly complicated and frustrating. We should be able to pick all perks for all slots so we can assemble our dream setups to help enhance our guilds. The set bonus should be based on having 4 perk slots filled and not perk colors. Once at least 4 slots are filled then we can pick the bonus by clicking on it's icon. That way we're not forced to skip good perks so we can pick crap perks to activate a bonus.

Maybe one day guild perks will get a big update but I wouldn't count on it being soon :p

I also expect them to ruin current crafting system and take a 360 on whatever is possible so I cannot even just suspend crafting activities, because come 7.0 all mats may become useless and vendor trash for 1-to-1 credit ratio.

Cannot wait for 7.0!

Nothing is coming regarding crafting in 7.0. Nothing at all. No changes, no new schematics. Nada. So your current mats will still be worth what they are worth to you.

Since they have pushed so much back to 7.1 that was supposed to be in 7.0, I would expect the same lack of attention to crafting then as well. Best guess is the next crafting fiasco will come with 7.2.

Hi everyone,

Thank you,

Jackie

This is not just unacceptable, it is a downright fiasco. Both of my guilds are completely screwed. Our members count on these perks as a matter of course. Toon builds are based on having them, and now, nothing. Thanks EAware, you have done it again. I have been subscribed for many years now, and 7.0 is the first time I have considered leaving. You are making a tremendous mistake, you are driving still more players away. It is almost as if you are actively TRYING to kill SWTOR. Maybe that's it. Maybe you want to stop supporting this game, and are taking a passive aggressive means of doing so. <puts on sarcastic smile> I am sooooo looking forward to 7.0.:mad: