Opening renown crates in 7.0 is not possible anymore. Bug or w.a.i.?

fire-breath

Hi

Back in the previous PTS builds I could turn in renown crates and obtain gear items and a few tech frags.

In the current PTS build I can not turn these in anymore. Nothing happens and they are not clickable.

Option 1 - This is a bug. In that case please forward this as a bugreport and let us open the crates.

Option 2 - You lot 'forgot' to inform us about this change. In that case I have 2 points of feedback.

feedback nr.1 = inform us??? I assume keyboards aren't broken.

feedback nr.2 = if you want to limit the amount of rewards then let us open the caches and give us some sort of a reward. Like the credit chit things you used during the 5.0 --> 6.0 patch.

But most importantly. Talk to us about these things please.

:confused:

PS: equipment crates are still available to open

The Renown system is entirely being removed - they did mention it somewhere, just like the whole dark vs light system is being removed until they rework it (again).

That means no more renown levels and no more renown loot crates by playing the game.

Your argument is invalid / flawed

Yes. You are correct. The renown system is going to get removed. Just like the command system from 5.0 has been removed.

And no. This says nothing about the contents of the old crates / caches.

I still have command crates laying around that I can and probably should open. When you open command crates it now will give credit chits, companion gifts and other items.

These things happen more often in SWTOR.

Anyways. Either this is a bug or it's working as intended.

And honestly .... you don't know the answer. Only BioWare knows it. But hasn't shared it so far. If you have a link that says something different feel to share it as i'm only human myself as well. But your current statement is flawed.

Renown creates are being removed from the game, just like the entire renown system is.

So better open those crates before it rolls into Live

If they are going to remove the caches then yes I will open them. But so far they haven't said they are removing the caches. As I said in my other post. If you have a link with a BioWare statement please share.

If they are going to remove the caches then yes I will open them. But so far they haven't said they are removing the caches. As I said in my other post. If you have a link with a BioWare statement please share.

If the system is getting removed then what I would want to know is how would the crates be opened without that window where you check off the items you might want to keep or just disintegrate?

If the system is getting removed then what I would want to know is how would the crates be opened without that window where you check off the items you might want to keep or just disintegrate?

I would think they would do like they have in the past and convert any of them into some sort of currency or other new items for 7.0

Renown indeed made use of the same inventory system as 5.0 command did.

This leads to the suggestion that bioware probably won't let us open the caches anymore. But as you said. Bioware should give us the ability to turn in the caches. Maybe a temporary vendor that gives either credits or techfrags or something.

EDIT: I don't really expect to get medals of commendation from it.

Edited by fire-breath

Yes. You are correct. The renown system is going to get removed. Just like the command system from 5.0 has been removed.

The command system wasnt removed. It was renamed and reworked into the renown system. It is the same framework underneath which is why you can still open command crates if you still have them laying around. In this expansion that entire framework is being scrapped so the game doesnt know what to do when you click on those objects.

Edited by InAMirrorDarkly

@darkmirror: Before posting please read the other posts as well. I already have acknowledged it does make sense for bioware to remove the underlying framework. And that this would mean the crates can't be opened.

However all of this missing the point.

The main point is that it's a fact that in 7.0 there will be people with caches. And so far there has been 0 communications regarding what they want to do with the existing caches. My question is:"What is going to happen with the existing caches?".

This is not an answer anyone of us can give. This is something Bioware needs to tell us.

Currently the caches can't be opened. And I agree it seems unlikely we will be able to open them.

But if that means there won't be a vendor?? No communication yet.

It would be ludicrous to assume bioware wants to just throw away any leftovers. Especially without ANY direct mention.

Looking back at other expansions there often has been a system to trade in the old currency for either the new currency or just credits. With the example I gave with command they partially changed the loottable.

In another expansion they made old tokens tradeable for credits.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Dev Post

Hi all,

The renown caches will be removed at 7.0. Referencing a post that I made in November:

Are Renown Caches going away?

• Yes as the Renown system is being removed.

To make it clearer, I will update the language in my initial post to say that player should open the caches before Legacy of the Sith launches.

Hi all,

The renown caches will be removed at 7.0. Referencing a post that I made in November:

To make it clearer, I will update the language in my initial post to say that player should open the caches before Legacy of the Sith launches.

I have saved some Command Crates too, they will be also removed?

How will conquest crates be handled? The few I opened on the PTS just rewarded a few tech fragments for the pieces of renown gear that would have been included. My assumption is that this is intended but would like confirmation on how conquest crates I earn during 6.0 will be handled after 7.0 drops.

How will conquest crates be handled? The few I opened on the PTS just rewarded a few tech fragments for the pieces of renown gear that would have been included. My assumption is that this is intended but would like confirmation on how conquest crates I earn during 6.0 will be handled after 7.0 drops.

i would like to get an answer for this too.

i have too many unopened conquest crates on all my alts - if it' s insides wil be turned to tf - will there still be a chance to get embers also?