Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changes made to Kai Zykken

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JackieKo
01.12.2022 , 01:26 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi everyone,

I have an update concerning the notable change that many of you noticed with Kai Zykken. This was a change that was planned for 7.0, however, it went out earlier than expected. Please note that Kai Zykken will remain as is until 7.0.

When Legacy of the Sith launches, Kai will offer the following:
  • A rotating collection of Tacticals
  • A rotating collection of crafting Schematics for Tacticals and Set Bonuses
  • A new Unidentified crate that will give players a piece of Set Bonus gear from the Spoils of War expansion. This will be similar to the current Unidentified Unique Item crate but we will be removing the Tacticals since they can be purchased via other means and renaming the crate to better reflect its content.

Apologies for the confusion on the update to Kai's inventory.
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Nee-Elder
01.12.2022 , 02:28 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post

I have an update concerning the notable change that many of you noticed with Kai Zykken. This was a change that was planned for 7.0, however, it went out earlier than expected. Please note that Kai Zykken will remain as is until 7.0.

Apologies for the confusion on the update to Kai's inventory.
Jackie, i realize you're just the messenger but.... well.... i'll just simply ask 2 very legitimate questions:

1. How does such a significant code-change get through your developer filters & checks? Is it because Kai's schedule is now fully automated on rotation or whatever?
2. Why not hotfix/revert such an unfortunate blunder immediately upon first getting detected?
Never tell me the odds! - (Fix SPACE! 4.0ur *Community*)

Pricia
01.12.2022 , 04:21 PM | #3
Will the new schematics use grade 11 mats? That doesn't bode well for a crew skill upgrade.

Damask_Rose
01.12.2022 , 07:49 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post

• A rotating collection of crafting Schematics for Tacticals and Set Bonuses
  • A new Unidentified crate that will give players a piece of Set Bonus gear from the Spoils of War expansion. This will be similar to the current Unidentified Unique Item crate but we will be removing the Tacticals since they can be purchased via other means and renaming the crate to better reflect its content.
Two questions.

1. Will those be new schematics, or the current ones? I think I still need some of the current ones and I'll be sad if I can't get them anymore due to a bug.

2. Is there any hope Kai's unidentified crate will have some sort of RNG protection? If not, the odds of finishing any sets will be astronomically low. I had really hooped they would continue to drop for lvls 75-79

juliushorst
01.12.2022 , 10:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Two questions.

1. Will those be new schematics, or the current ones? I think I still need some of the current ones and I'll be sad if I can't get them anymore due to a bug.
I don't think they plan to release any changes to crafting with 7.0 so I would assume those will be old\existing sets.

2. Is there any hope Kai's unidentified crate will have some sort of RNG protection? If not, the odds of finishing any sets will be astronomically low. I had really hooped they would continue to drop for lvls 75-79
Keep all your sets (both complete and incomplete) on one character when buying from Kai. She shouldn't be selling dupicates of things you have on you and in your personal cargo bay (but legacy bay doesn't count).
Proud casual, unhappy with 7.0.
Please fix terrible 7.0 scaling.

Morteistno
01.13.2022 , 02:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by juliushorst View Post
Keep all your sets (both complete and incomplete) on one character when buying from Kai. She shouldn't be selling dupicates of things you have on you and in your personal cargo bay (but legacy bay doesn't count).
Is this really the case? If so I may have a shot at finishing some sets still but I am kind of surprised about this statement as I think I have experienced quite often that I get the same item multiple times when buying fi 10 unidentified items from Kai. Tacticals I am almost 100pct sure but also duplicate gear pieces. I will try it but can anyone confirm this?

MerlinPotter
01.13.2022 , 10:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Morteistno View Post
Is this really the case? If so I may have a shot at finishing some sets still but I am kind of surprised about this statement as I think I have experienced quite often that I get the same item multiple times when buying fi 10 unidentified items from Kai. Tacticals I am almost 100pct sure but also duplicate gear pieces. I will try it but can anyone confirm this?
half true i experienced that the specific class sets don`t duplicate if you already have them but the general drop duplicate pieces

Hudlar
01.13.2022 , 11:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MerlinPotter View Post
half true i experienced that the specific class sets don`t duplicate if you already have them but the general drop duplicate pieces
This is my understanding as well. The general set pieces will definitely drop many, many times, but class-specific pieces that you are wearing or that are in your personal cargo hold are not supposed to be duplicated.

JackieKo
01.13.2022 , 01:33 PM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Nee-Elder View Post
Jackie, i realize you're just the messenger but.... well.... i'll just simply ask 2 very legitimate questions:

1. How does such a significant code-change get through your developer filters & checks? Is it because Kai's schedule is now fully automated on rotation or whatever?
2. Why not hotfix/revert such an unfortunate blunder immediately upon first getting detected?
Hey Nee-Elder,

Without going into details, it was more that this was tied to 7.0's original roll out plan. Additionally, a hotfix is not easily implemented at this time. ​

Two questions.

Hi Damask_Rose,

These will be the schematics that have existed on Kai for all of 6.0, so there won't be new schematics. There will be the same level of RNG protection that currently exists on the crate. We are working on doing a write up on this to explain how it works a bit better.

Quote: Originally Posted by juliushorst View Post
I don't think they plan to release any changes to crafting with 7.0 so I would assume those will be old\existing sets.

This is true in the case that this will work for non-general Set Bonuses.
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

CrazyScruffy
01.13.2022 , 03:07 PM | #10
the only good news about the change is that tacticals will be pulled from the random item. that should make it a little easier to get the rest of the armor sets