Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Celebrating 10 Years and Looking Forward

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Celebrating 10 Years and Looking Forward
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JackieKo
12.20.2021 , 10:40 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello SWTOR Community!

Happy anniversary to all of you! Today marks the 10 year anniversary of SWTOR and our one and only Keith Kanneg just published a letter to all of you which you can read here!

Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TrixxieTriss
12.20.2021 , 10:52 AM | #2
Happy Anniversary Jackie and Team.

Siita
12.20.2021 , 10:59 AM | #3
Happy ten years! It is hard to believe that this game has been a part of my life for a decade now! <3

FYI: you have "Jedi Sage" and "Jedi Shadow" under the Sith Warrior category in the graphic from the article from Keith... just a heads-up.
More Arcann story and romance please! <3
<The Eternal Light> | <The Inner Flame>
"Have I not sacrificed enough?! My arm, my face, Thexan... what else must I give?!"

Ameyazing
12.20.2021 , 11:03 AM | #4
a DECADE of CELEBRATIONS . . .

HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY to all the DEVELOPER Team & the COMMUNITY . . .

MAY the FORCE be with YOU ALL . . .

JackieKo
12.20.2021 , 11:10 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I cannot believe an entire year has passed since I was brought onto the team. I've learned a lot from everyone I've worked with and I've certainly learned quite a bit from all of you. Reading through the forums, various comments, chatting with the content creators, seeing players in game, reading chat during the streams, etc...I understand why this game means so much to you.

I appreciate the passion you bring to this community. I read your messages, your suggestions, your feedback, and I look forward to learning more about you all and to also share and celebrate what the team has been working on in due time.

For a bit of nostalgia/good feeling, could you share your favorite sentimental SWTOR moments with me? For me personally, I will never forget getting my lightsaber for the first time, spending WAY TOO much time riding around on a Tauntaun on Hoth, getting my first win in GSF (I wish you could have heard me cheering for joy), and placing my first deco in my Alderaan SH. I seriously can't get over how pretty that planet is.

I wish you all a happy anniversary and if you celebrate, a festive holiday season full of warmth, really good food, and good company.

Best,
Jackie

Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

LtGeneralGezlin
12.20.2021 , 11:33 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
For a bit of nostalgia/good feeling, could you share your favorite sentimental SWTOR moments with me? For me personally, I will never forget getting my lightsaber for the first time, spending WAY TOO much time riding around on a Tauntaun on Hoth, getting my first win in GSF (I wish you could have heard me cheering for joy), and placing my first deco in my Alderaan SH. I seriously can't get over how pretty that planet is.
Hmm... In recent memory, I'd say, finally beating the Heroic Space Missions, Hitting Legend Rank for the PVE Space Rep, and getting all the codex entries for completing the Heroic Space Mission bonuses! I can only imagine what people at BWA were thinking when they saw that one player in Colorado was spending most of his days playing the space missions. And since I was re-recording the Trooper Story, and wanted my companions to have the Civilian Pilot outfits (One of two outfits that match Republic officer uniforms), I figured... why not! Yeah, I could have used the CE Republic officer outfit, and I did for my Trooper and the Havoc XO, but the rest got the CivIlan Pilot outfits!

Over the last 10 years? If it wasn't for TOR, I wouldn't have discovered my love for Video Editing and graduated from College with a degree in Video Editing. And for that alone, TOR will always have a special place in my heart, and it helped me become the person I am today!

*Sure, I missed out on that fifth Anniversary deco because I had to unsub for a week to pay for a class, and while I'm still a bit salty about that happening, in the grand scheme of things, it was worth it!

Akea
12.20.2021 , 11:39 AM | #7
I remember registering here as soon as I saw the announcement at E3 in 2008. This game was a must play and everyone in my Lord of the Rings Online kinship wanted to move here to play it. I was lucky enough to get selected for the closed beta in July 2011 and played on the Revan test server. I will never forget when I hit play the first time after creating my Jedi Sentinel. I loved every minute of my testing time and managed to play KOTOR between test phases so I could get more backstory. I've been here off and on since 2008 and have no plans of ever leaving entirely.

My two fondest memories are the following:

1)Getting farmed by the Imperials at the Republic base in Ilum. There's a plaque there now to commemorate our suffering while Imperial players farmed the turrets to build standing for PVP boxes.

2)We were in Eternity Vault and one of our healers started to fall when the platform collapsed during the Soa fight. I was on my Sorcerer at the time and managed to extricate her out of mid air. Voice chat went nuts and we went on to finish the fight.
Revan Testing Group :: July - December 2011

xordevoreaux
12.20.2021 , 11:48 AM | #8
Quote:
For a bit of nostalgia/good feeling, could you share your favorite sentimental SWTOR moments with me?
The most profound emotional moment for me happened after my graphics card died.

My guild mates, the people who've stuck by me through all manner of changes, including when 30 of them back in the day followed me like I was Moses in the desert leading the people to the promised land—to another server because our old server was depopulating—suggested that I start a GoFundMe for a new graphics card.

Five hours later, my guildies had dropped enough money in that account that I could purchase an nVidia 1050 GTX TI.

Thinking back on that moment, I must have done something right somewhere, because that was whole lotta love coming from my guildies, and it's a profoundly humbling moment I'll never forget.

In April of this year, our guild held its 7th anniversary celebration, and we're getting better every day.

To everyone in There Is Only Peace and Empire's Destiny...
you people are the best, and here's to seven more years of great company, friends, and great times.

--Xor
About my SWTOR guilds
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

FlameYOL
12.20.2021 , 11:54 AM | #9
Finishing the Sith Inquisitor class story for the first time, it felt like something magical.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

OlBuzzard
12.20.2021 , 11:54 AM | #10
Happy Anniversary to everyone and especially the team !!

A special tip of the hat to JackieKO !
I sense a disturbance in the force ....
What was ... is no longer
"Tear down this wall"