Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Player Experience with Combat Styles/Weapons Combos Feedback Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Player Experience with Combat Styles/Weapons Combos Feedback Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JackieKo
12.15.2021 , 11:48 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We would like a key focus to be the player experience with playstyles that were not possible pre-7.0. Please give us feedback on your experience with various Combat Style combinations including using weapons that you could not equip previously.
  • Please leave feedback on any inconsistencies you are experiencing such as if something is not displaying correctly or not consistently.
  • While watching cinematics, are your weapons displayed properly?
  • If not, please list the Combat Style you are using along with the weapon(s) if you have equipped, and the scene in which you are seeing this issue.
  • Feel free to give general feedback on the overall experience with these combinations.

Thank you!
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

CrazyScruffy
12.15.2021 , 02:14 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
Please give us feedback on your experience with various Combat Style combinations including using weapons that you could not equip previously.
  • Please leave feedback on any inconsistencies you are experiencing such as if something is not displaying correctly or not consistently.
  • If not, please list the Combat Style you are using along with the weapon(s) if you have equipped, and the scene in which you are seeing this issue.
  • Feel free to give general feedback on the overall experience with these combinations.

Thank you!
can we get a clarification of this? Are we talking about using different combat styles on a class story not previously available? Because the way I read it is combat styles can now use different weapons? Which would be amazing but I didn't think was happening

TonyTricicolo
12.15.2021 , 03:50 PM | #3
Okay, I'd like the not used weapon/s by my other combat style to stay in it's EXACT position in my inventory. I keep my inventory organized. If I put it/them in the bottom lower right corner, I want it/them there for a reason, which is so I don't sell or delete by accident. Every time you swap loadouts, it randomly places the not used weapon in a new location. Want to really make lives easier? Add a lock.

tsteenburg
12.15.2021 , 05:20 PM | #4
Mixed bag for proper cinematic stuff. Smuggler with a Operative Combat style worked fine. They pulled out a cutscene blaster just fine. However, a Jedi Knight with a Shadow Style did not work well. When they pulled out a saber in a class cutscene, their hands were in the right position for a single blade but nothing showed. However, no issue in a generic cutscene

JakRoanin
12.15.2021 , 08:26 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
We would like a key focus to be the player experience with playstyles that were not possible pre-7.0. Please give us feedback on your experience with various Combat Style combinations including using weapons that you could not equip previously.

Thank you!
Solaris Legacy reporting for duty. Okay... so I copied my JC Gia-Sade a Shadow on to the PTS and gave her a secondary Guardian Spec. All good, got her a single saber (the new ones are gross BTW) and ran Secrets of the Enclave as a Focus Guardian. What fun! (One major bug, my Comp {Arcann} completely vanished in the first Boss fight) switched him for Senya after, no problems. But Arcann is her Sweetie.

Finished the FP in record time (yays) but I can't switch back to Shadow. Uhhh...

So I went to newly created PTS toon Gray-Test Solaris... He was made for testing Guardian so I added Shadow got my ship, and proceeded to skippity-skip to Ossus tried switching to Shadow and nothing happens... Austin we have a problem...
THE SOLARIS LEGACY The Gray Order & The Envisioned Empire Guilds

ralphieceaser
12.15.2021 , 08:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyScruffy View Post
can we get a clarification of this? Are we talking about using different combat styles on a class story not previously available? Because the way I read it is combat styles can now use different weapons? Which would be amazing but I didn't think was happening
Pretty sure they are referring to combat styles on cutscenes showing the wrong weapon that might make no sense for your combat style.

Like someone described here in the Jedi knight story as guardian you can have a cutscene where you hold your lightsaber in front of you with both hands, that doesnt work if your combat style is shadow so you have a double edged lightsaber.

TrixxieTriss
12.15.2021 , 08:46 PM | #7
Bug report : Chose the Bounty Hunter story with sniper combat style. When I go the outfitter tab, I can not equip a sniper rifle. It will only allow me to equip pistols which I can’t use.

TrixxieTriss
12.16.2021 , 01:35 AM | #8
Swapping combat styles doesn’t put your abilities back into the position you have placed them.

Ie, I swap from Jugg to Sorcs and back again to Jugg and it doesn’t put my abilities back where I had them. So you have to re-sort your abilities on the task bar if you have them in certain positions and key binds. Making it extremely inconvenient to swap combat styles.

It also doesn’t go back to the discipline you previously had chosen. Ie, I’m a rage Jugg, but when I swapped to Sorc combat style and back to a Jugg it automatically applied the Vengeance discipline instead of Rage. I also had to go through and re-do the ability tree choices.

Can you please make it so it goes back to the correct discipline and our abilities go back to the slots we put them in and save it as well as our ability tree.

Also please link our keybinds to the combat style so when we swap, the keybinds swap too. There by making the transition seamless so we don’t have to fiddle around with things if we swap combat styles.

It also annoyingly removes the sprint ability from the task bar when you swap and you have to go back into general abilities to pull it out each time. If it can recognise other general abilities like Quick travel and fleet pass, then it should recognise sprint as well.

Bug report : when swapping back to rage, it didnt put the ravage ability on the taskbar even though it’s the lvl 35 choice in the ability tree. I had to keep going into the abilities and manually drag the ravage ability to the task bar.

Bug report : when you swap combat styles it unticks your unify colours on your outfits.

Not sure if a bug or not.
Accuracy isn’t applying the base amount in the upper details of stats. So 1,628 accuracy shows as 9.18% instead of 10.18%.
Where if you go to force and melee stats it actually is applying the base accuracy and shows 10.18%.
So what is it really applying in game? Is it, 9.18% accuracy or 10.18% accuracy.

Dekibra
12.16.2021 , 04:21 AM | #9
so I copied my telekinetic sage to PTS and got the quest to a) switch to dark side if I wanted to and b) choose a second combat style - that all worked fine BUT

when creating loadouts (I did one for serenity shadow and one for tele-sage) I couldn't switch loadouts AND couldn't switch back to sage via the combat style tab...

(stuck with shadow I created another loadout within this CS for infiltration- which I could switch too --- so my take is, you maybe cannot switch between loadouts when said loadouts are based on different combat styles?? If that is the case then loadouts seem even less appealing to me as they already do because of the problems with the ability placement on the quickbars...)

Antonine
12.16.2021 , 07:33 AM | #10
Two issues so far:

One, abilities no longer indicated if they needed a specific weapon class (on a Jedi Knight story with Shadow) - taking an upgrade training saber can lock you out of breaching shadows, hover over there says wrong weapon but not which to use.

Second - When I levelled up to 4 on Shadow it rearranged, while in combat, my main taskbar (as opposed to adding new abilities or powers at the end) - project went into the second slot as far as I can tell and pushed the current second slot to the fourth.