Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Plz Don't Assume My Combat Style...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Plz Don't Assume My Combat Style...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pricia
12.02.2021 , 10:47 AM | #51
"If you have an existing character when Legacy of the Sith launches, when you log into the game, you will be able to choose a Combat Style immediately. You can choose a Combat Style similar to your previous Advanced Class or choose something new. The choice is yours!"

Ok seriously. What's vague and confusing about this?

CrazyScruffy
12.02.2021 , 11:34 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by ralphieceaser View Post
Again I have debunked this multiple times.
But you haven't. And you clearly didn't read my posts, so let's try it 1 more time.

I have an existing toon, and my legacy has never finished chapter 3 on any toon. So that means I do not have access to a 2nd combat style. But as I login I'll -
Quote:
be able to choose a combat style immediately. You can choose a Combat Style similar to your previous Advanced Class or choose something new
See how that works? Existing toons can choose a new combat style or choose to stay with the same (similar since there are differences from advanced class to combat style). There is nothing vague about that sentence, especially when you take in the information from the livestreams and interviews.

JackieKo
12.02.2021 , 12:31 PM | #53 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi all,

For transparency and context for those who are reading the dev tracker only, the choosing your Combat Style for existing characters text being referenced in this thread is from the Separating Story and Gameplay article that was published a while go.

There's been an update to this. We originally planned to allow players to switch their primary combat style with existing characters upon loading up 7.0, unfortunately we discovered some technical hurdles that will prevent us from supporting that. So upon login, existing characters will maintain their existing Advanced Class, which will be converted into their first Combat Style. And eligible players will still be free to choose their second Combat Style.

The original article has been updated to reflect this.
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SteveTheCynic
12.02.2021 , 12:36 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
unfortunately we discovered some technical hurdles that will prevent us from supporting that.
Permanent technical hurdles, or fixable ones? And if they are fixable and (later) fixed, will affected characters get a free pass to replace the forced first style with one of the player's choosing?

EDIT: and thank you Jackie for (in effect) confirming that my interpretation of the original text was correct, that we would be allowed to choose two new styles for existing characters rather than one, even if that intent was not to be.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

BigBack
12.02.2021 , 01:05 PM | #55
Hi all,

For transparency and context for those who are reading the dev tracker only, the choosing your Combat Style for existing characters text being referenced in this thread is from the Separating Story and Gameplay article that was published a while go.

There's been an update to this. We originally planned to allow players to switch their primary combat style with existing characters upon loading up 7.0, unfortunately we discovered some technical hurdles that will prevent us from supporting that. So upon login, existing characters will maintain their existing Advanced Class, which will be converted into their first Combat Style. And eligible players will still be free to choose their second Combat Style.

Hi Jackie
Thanks for dropping into the thread and giving us clarity I really appreciate it. I am disappointed the team ran into technical issues allowing existing toons the capacity to switch. The intent to originally allow us is something I guess. Can you confirm the team will be looking towards allowing existing toons to make the change at some point once they get past the hurdle? Or has the design decision been made and this is what the future looks like?

Cheers,
Jeremy

BigBack
12.02.2021 , 01:25 PM | #56
I wonder also in light of this confirmed new information if it would be possible even allow Tech Users the ability to switch their existing combat style to the mirror choice like force users will be able to? That would give existing Tech Users at least something to choose moving forward in light of the technical issues brought to light.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Jeremy

CrazyScruffy
12.02.2021 , 01:26 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Permanent technical hurdles, or fixable ones? And if they are fixable and (later) fixed, will affected characters get a free pass to replace the forced first style with one of the player's choosing?

EDIT: and thank you Jackie for (in effect) confirming that my interpretation of the original text was correct, that we would be allowed to choose two new styles for existing characters rather than one, even if that intent was not to be.
You and me both had the same thoughts on the matter. Feels good to not be crazy lol.

And thank you again Jackie, you responded to me thru two different methods and updated the thread within like 30 minutes of me reaching out to you. That is awesome and we appreciate it greatly. Not all heroes wear capes, but you totally should especially for the next stream

Durhon
12.02.2021 , 01:37 PM | #58
Hi all,

What about allowing tech classes to also become their mirror class like force users getting the option to switch to the sith/jedi. I really want to switch all my operatives to scoundrels but don't want to waste my 2nd combat style on a mirror when force users get to freely do it.

Pricia
12.02.2021 , 01:46 PM | #59
I appreciate the update.

But wow... extremely disappointing for such a hyped change.

JakRoanin
12.02.2021 , 02:02 PM | #60
Hi all,

So my Vanguard Trooper will be able to have a Merc combat style, but will not be able to ditch the Vanguard completely. Hmm. Disappointing, but not a dealbreaker.
THE SOLARIS LEGACY The Gray Order & The Envisioned Empire Guilds