Upcoming Livestream - November 18th

JackieKo

Yeah the stream did a bit underwhelming, especially because we already knew everything, the only really new information was the release date and that last part of the trailer which could be that twi'lek we see in the new loading screen?

Content is definitely very limited which definitely puts into question why they ve been hyping up the 10 year anniversary so much.

Also that ending of the stream was terrible, everyone was like "is it over" when it just went to blackscreen, at least say that the stream ends after the trailer.

Edited by ralphieceaser

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. im speechless actually. As a diehard supporter of this game, that's been here since alpha of the game, and on the OLD forums in the squadrons, this was very disappointingly sad.... :(

its the TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY AND next expansion and they dont even have a cinematic for it!?! or a new trailer!? or anything?! on top of all the crap they've been pulling lately, they pull THIS? ive been with this game, logging in nearly EVERY night for more than a decade. NO breaks. I have been with bioware, supporting them on the ups and downs. especially the disaster that was kotet, which was WoD of swtor lol.

they either have some type of surprise up their sleeve, because between the conquest nuke, nerfing player and guild rewards, limiting conquest to only 3 alts per legacy, and doing their "leveling experience" and nerfing other gains...I may seriously be thinking of unsubbing and not even playing...

how can you NOT HAVE a cinematic or trailer for the TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY of your game?! wow....nothin... also would have been a GREAT time to bring back Jadus. one of the original protagonists. it was set up PERFECTLY for that. keep doing what you have been doing best the past few years bioware

my god.

wow. im speechless actually. As a diehard supporter of this game, that's been here since alpha of the game, and on the OLD forums in the squadrons, this was very disappointingly sad.... :(

its the TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY AND next expansion and they dont even have a cinematic for it!?! or a new trailer!? or anything?! on top of all the crap they've been pulling lately, they pull THIS? ive been with this game, logging in nearly EVERY night for more than a decade. NO breaks. I have been with bioware, supporting them on the ups and downs. especially the disaster that was kotet, which was WoD of swtor lol.

they either have some type of surprise up their sleeve, because between the conquest nuke, nerfing player and guild rewards, limiting conquest to only 3 alts per legacy, and doing their "leveling experience" and nerfing other gains...I may seriously be thinking of unsubbing and not even playing...

how can you NOT HAVE a cinematic or trailer for the TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY of your game?! wow....nothin... also would have been a GREAT time to bring back Jadus. one of the original protagonists. it was set up PERFECTLY for that. keep doing what you have been doing best the past few years bioware

my god.

So many of us feel you man. Like we've genuinely tried shouting from mountain tops trying to get common sense or basic awareness across to their team. They genuinely either don't care or have no interest in fixing their flaws.

I've said a few times this is the last semi decent thing BW has left, its a shame they can't seem to give it the TLC it deserves.

At the very least as a consumer feel taken for granted vs. business being appreciated.

All we wanted was new content and decent stories again. New maps. New levels. Instead we're getting something that'll need fixed.

Edited by TheVoyant

Actually no it doesnt. Be realistic man. Have you been living under a rock or was covid just properly managed where you are. Its amazing how quick people forget about bad crap. Cali and TX have done a HORRIBLE job with covid. These deves have been working from home for the last year and a half. They dont exactly have the top budget to send everyone home with the best equipment either.

working for a game company my self I can tell you someone might as well have cut off one of my hands then told me to get back to work one handed. Thats literally how it feels. I have been working my but off and only been able to pump out 40% of my normal work load when I was working from an office.

Another highly unrealistic person with no clue of the state of things in the world. See above. If things continue as they are and dont get any better soon? Dont worry about playing swtor man or any other game. The would will be in a great depression that will rival the one for the 1930. Just being real with you.

It really is amazing when something bad is happening how fast people forget about it. 1 month yes 1 month after 911 I saw this guy ask TSA Agent in the airport why he needed to be screened. Its like dude do you not watch the news?

Yeah, that would be hard and I kinda got the impression they are all struggling.

Bioware as an entity could help their optics by making it clear that staff are still mostly working from home with limited resources. But I can’t see them doing that cause it might affect their shares price.

I genuinely feel bad for the staff trying to work from home under covid conditions when they don’t have the proper resources or in some cases, proper internet.

Sadly, most of the issues people are upset about the 7.0 announcements isn’t the lack of content (although that will probably come when people realise how little there will be on the 14th). The problem is all the unnecessary changes and outright bad direction Bioware seem to be taking the game with its system changes.

People, including me, are having a hard time reconciling many of the announced changes that can’t be blamed on covid and working from home.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yeah, that would be hard and I kinda got the impression they are all struggling.

Bioware as an entity could help their optics by making it clear that staff are still mostly working from home with limited resources. But I can’t see them doing that cause it might affect their shares price.

I agree 100%. But one aspect of working from home that no one thinks about is the fact that if or when something goes wrong? Like a server goes down? The server that has your work on it? Your animation files ect ect? Well then in an office thats Easy. You call IT and they walk to the server room and get back up and running.

When working from Home? Guess what IT is home too! They now have to drive into work to get you back up and running because they were at home too working "on call". So while all this is going down? Your work is literally at a stand still because there is nothing you can do! If you are lucky enough to have onsite IT? Guess what its a skeliton crew of 1-3 guys instead of the normal 30. So they may send 10 IT guys in to fix it. Now they are working at 30% of their normal manpower while you sit there and literally just wait.

This is the reality of the Graphic Design world atm. I have a buddy doing CGI work on Spiderman No Way Home. The Movie comes out next month! They STILL are not done with the final touches on the CGI!!!!!!! Him and all his coworkers are in a panic atm. If no one was doing this work from home crap they would have been done months ago. They plead with the studio for more time and the studio literally told them. We have a release date. We are making it. Figure it out

So if this is them? Imagine Bioware folks

Edited by Zergnaut

wow. im speechless actually. As a diehard supporter of this game, that's been here since alpha of the game, and on the OLD forums

its the TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY AND next expansion and they dont even have a cinematic for it!?! or a new trailer!? or anything?!.

Yep , i hear ya and as a fellow 'founder' myself, it's just all so utterly baffling to me. I still think people like JackieKo & CharlesBoyd legitimately do indeed CARE about this game....but....gosh i dunno....sometimes their (BioWare's) overall actions (or lack thereof) only continues to disappoint and confound me.

Why do this---or do nothing---to SWTOR? Like, why? It makes no sense to me. :confused:

My point? they can only do so much!

As i mentioned in my earlier post on page 5 , they (BioWare Art Department? ) couldn't even be bothered to pull assets of 'Tau' that wasn't literally a lazy COPY of the previous decoration poster (but flipped) . Truly astounding, regardless of any pandemic circumstances effect.

p.s. i didn't listen to the entire LiveStream (cuz i'm worried about *spoilers* ) but did anyone mention the status or update about THIS? --->> https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=997402

Edited by Nee-Elder
sorry Jackie , for my 2 "critical" posts in this thread...but ugh, i'm just really disappointed

p.s. i didn't listen to the entire LiveStream (cuz i'm worried about *spoilers* ) but did anyone mention the status or update about THIS? --->> https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=997402

There were honestly no spoilers. They pretty much said here are some characters from before that will be in it and it’s releasing on the 14th. That’s the gist of the stream. You missed nothing cause they didn’t include anything, not even about the thread you linked.

Edited by TrixxieTriss