Upcoming Livestream - November 18th

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

We invite you to join our next Legacy of the Sith livestream on November 18 at 2:00 PM CT (8:00 PM UTC). The stream will be hosted on our Twitch channel and will be a bit more focused on the story and characters for LotS.

If you are unable to join the stream itself, we will be livetweeting information here as well.

See you all next week!

Jackie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might want to warn them that this might not be a pleasant stream for them considering the information that has been provided and how it is being taken.

(1) Why is the new conquest gear worse than what I have already?

(2) Is the guild conquest going to double like the personal conquest? (I probably already know the answer but a straight answer would be nice for once)

Edited by casirabit

Will we get answers regarding the upgrades for Conquest Gear? Will my Sith Warrior be remined he's married to Vette? Will we get Watcher 2 back? (You did give SI's Khem Val although he can die) Will Elara ever give us a decent reason why she ghosted us for so long? Will Senya become a player in this expansion? Is Vaylin really a body-snatcher? Does Satele know? What about lovely smuggler lady, Beryl Thorne?

Why has the team destroyed crafting!

Just curious?

Why are you locking conquest medals at 600 per week?

Why are you make all rewards to be like we are preferable players? Three flashpoints to guarantee a update piece of gear and then is mats farm. Three conquest rewards for personal. What else will you make us grind? Is the grind gear the most important thing for you?

Edited by Souskebg

Expect 100,000,000,000,000 questions regarding a Rivix romance, more Quinn and more class companion interactions in general. And also many, many "will there be more Theron" questions. And "will Zenith become an actual romance" questions :D

And a sensible question: when will the "Best View in Star Wars" winners be announced (I hope it's been changed so you're able to pick one screenshot from everyone who entered as the ones I've seen are all excellent ;) )

And finally, will you be bringing back Jadus. That's my questions covered (just in case I can't make the stream). Wait, one more: will there be a Dantooine Stronghold?

I'll stop now!

So going to tell us either than Legacy of the Sith will be out for Christmas or that they were premature out they are not going to make ""Holiday 2021", that they meant "Holiday 2022".

Whenever it comes it will probably break the game and I'll just stick with ESO. .

I was never in the group that thought changing how classes work was a good idea and everything I've heard about it sounds bad. IF SWTOR was like ESO from the start, every class can wear every type of armor, use every weapon and fulfill every role, tank, healer or dps hat would be one thing, but trying to change things 9 (almost 10) years in is is very very bad idea. If you want classes not locked into a given weapon set make a new game.

Hello everyone!

We invite you to join our next Legacy of the Sith livestream on November 18 at 2:00 PM CT (8:00 PM UTC). The stream will be hosted on our Twitch channel and will be a bit more focused on the story and characters for LotS.

If you are unable to join the stream itself, we will be livetweeting information here as well.

See you all next week!

Jackie

Unless you guys are going to address the backlash and explain at least some shred of logic to the massive downgrade, whats the point?

Give us an actual straight answer detailing how 7.0 will be more enjoyable vs. the numerous concerns and complaints.

So far all we've gotten is misdirection, doublespeak, or ignored. Jedi mind tricks do not work irl. You can't just wave your hand and expect people to stop being worried you're breaking things without an actual plan or awareness.

Story content would be great if it didn't come with all this extra stuff you guys are breaking.

Try being accountable to your base.

I saw something yesterday from a post saying there will be a few surprises in that livestream. I took a nap woke up and was like well considering how many game developers of late have been releasing expansions or patches to games they have been doing so right after livestreams. We have not gotten any official date release of the expansion to this point. Then there is what we are looking at potentially only loadouts being testable on the PTS as we are not going to get Manaan because of spoilers, we did get Elom and R-04 is pushed back to January to early Feb. Then you take into account they are not going to release the expansion in a holiday you almost be a 100% certain of that because they would have to be around all week in case of breaks or fixes which rules out Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks. We have not had content release on a Monday which is what 10th anniversary falls on with the 21st of Dec. I would not actually be surprised if the expansion is released Thursday because you are looking at this week, the week after thanksgiving and probably 7-9th as viable expansion weeks. There is actually more of a reason for it being released this week because star wars media content films or shows are never released almost in the same week or month span as they have to be pushed back to different months so they are not competing with each other these days. Then there is FFXIV expansion is on Dec 7th so getting out in front of that also makes a lot of sense. For my guild when I was giving my estimate of a expansion release back in August I told them that the 17th-18th of November made a lot of sense As 1 of the 2 weeks I can actually see this thing being released in. Not saying it is going to be I am saying it makes sense when you look at the vagueness, the pts, the competition and Book of Boba Fett.

However what I do think the 7-9th is probably going to be the timeframe of the expansion and it makes a lot of sense because it gives them 2 weeks if you consider a half a week remaining of this week, a half week next week and a full week with a mid week release following that. Onslaught was what on a Wednesday release i cant remember for other Swtor releases. I do not see it being released in a holiday week because Bioware like the rest of us will want to spend a lot of those weeks with their families and not have to rush back into work for emergency patches and maintenances. It is not that far out and probably they are not going to do too much between now and that timeframe to be honest.

Are fans going to be happy about it being released this week or even before the 21st of December, it could be released in 2 yrs more flushed out and people would still be complaining constantly to be honest. At the end of the day Bioware is going to do what Bioware wants with Swtor that Disney and EA allows. Player base has not really learned that lesson yet after 10 yrs.

I'll wait for the posted version. Too many RL matters to attend to (92 year old dad is needing some assistance these days. Can't complain ... he's doing well all things considered .)

I wont pull any punches. I'm totally appalled at the amount of good stuff this game could (and SHOULD) be doing but (for whatever reason) has chosen the path that is so counter productive.. That said I'd prefer to hear first hand what is going on. IMO the live stream is a good idea (if done correctly).

For whatever it's worth Jackie ... I still appreciate an effort to go public with more information. In the end I will make up my own mind from my own personal experience with the game.

Hopefully ... somewhere in the middle of all of this someone will actually take the better posts to heart (from the general forum and PTS) and make decisions that will grow the game (as opposed to further alienation ).

(edited for clarification)

Edited by OlBuzzard

Unless you guys are going to address the backlash and explain at least some shred of logic to the massive downgrade, whats the point?

Give us an actual straight answer detailing how 7.0 will be more enjoyable vs. the numerous concerns and complaints.

So far all we've gotten is misdirection, doublespeak, or ignored. Jedi mind tricks do not work irl. You can't just wave your hand and expect people to stop being worried you're breaking things without an actual plan or awareness.

Story content would be great if it didn't come with all this extra stuff you guys are breaking.

Try being accountable to your base.

Monetization is likely behind this. Something they never discuss.

No doubt, 7.0 will break new ground, and reach new lows, in monetization. Nearly every significant problem in this game reduces to EA trying to re-monetize people already paying a subscription.

Bioware: "Let's remove a bunch of features from the game, dictate how the game is played, and call it an expansion!"

I'm guessing that there are a number of people (paying customers) who are beginning to believe this statement. For the first time in quite a while now ... I am watching the results of the release of 7.0 VERY carefully.

So much has been already removed. I honestly no longer care WHY it was removed . The simple fact is that a LOT has been removed. It's also quite evident that most (if not all) of those items will never return.

Again .. I will make my own determination based on my own conclusions.

I'm guessing that there are a number of people (paying customers) who are beginning to believe this statement. For the first time in quite a while now ... I am watching the results of the release of 7.0 VERY carefully.

So much has been already removed. I honestly no longer care WHY it was removed . The simple fact is that a LOT has been removed. It's also quite evident that most (if not all) of those items will never return.

I think the emails you get when you transfer an existing character to the PTS says it all. I got 24 mails of 8 items each titled "Downgrade Item Recovery". 7.0 is definitely a downgrade of the game as the title of those emails says :(

IF what is currently on the PTS is any indication, launch of 7.0 is going to be a disaster. There are so many broken things there right now, that it is hard to believe that Bioware is even thinking about launching the expansion before the end of the year. From one size fits all gear (that looks terrible too) to broken trainers to classes that are a total bore to play because they have no abilities to use until they hit level 30 to a level sync system (which was working fine so far) that penalizes some classes and not others with the way the tertiary stats are capped. We still know virtually nothing at all about how Conquest will work of how Crafting is going to be used or what Galactic Seasons is going to look like. All in all it looks very sloppy, as if it was thrown together in a couple of days rather than the months they have supposedly been working on it.

I am looking to see the livestream either (1) zillions of question that will be ignored and most of them will not have anything to do with the story as the story is always good (at least compared to the other mess we have now) and therefore it will be like BW trying to dodge all the questions or (2) something will happen that will require them not to do the livestream

All in all it looks very sloppy, as if it was thrown together in a couple of days rather than the months they have supposedly been working on it

Or years. 'Cause they've been teasing "big plans" and grand things for 10th Anniversary since like January 2020... yeah...

I'll wait until they upload to YouTube. However, as upset, disappointed, and scared I am of the new gearing system and the new level sync, there is so much I do look forward to in this expansion... the combat styles, the weapons in the outfit designer, the story, and the new hairstyles. I truly hope that things work out well.

I am looking to see the livestream either (1) zillions of question that will be ignored and most of them will not have anything to do with the story as the story is always good (at least compared to the other mess we have now) and therefore it will be like BW trying to dodge all the questions or (2) something will happen that will require them not to do the livestream

Personally, I think the story has gone down hill, and if they bring Vaylin back for fanservice, that'll be the last straw. The story won't be worth playing, or paying for anymore.

Edited by Damask_Rose

there is so much I do look forward to in this expansion... the combat styles, the weapons in the outfit designer, the story, and the new hairstyles. I truly hope that things work out well.

Literally why I returned to the game. Im Very excited for these things regardless on the stuff being removed. The game is 10 years old. Its time for some serious change anyway. I love that I can finally be a swiss army knife though. My old shadow -----> Spec 1 (Assasin) Spec 2 (Sage) inc

The problem is people as a rule of thumb NEVER deal well with change of any kind. Im a manager of an office crew and anytime I make any type of change even if its for the better; everyone blows up and acts like its the end of the world. Weeks later they praise the changes once they start reaping the benefits of the changes

I don't play anymore with how things are. So any change is welcome to me. Excited about the expansion and hopping back into swtor again. The wait has been long. I'll be tuning in to twitch tomorrow. Good luck! best I can hope for is a release date.

Agreed

Edited by Zergnaut