Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Elom Flashpoint: Veteran Mode now available on PTS

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Elom Flashpoint: Veteran Mode now available on PTS
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JackieKo
11.10.2021 , 03:15 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

Veteran Mode for the Elom Flashpoint is now available on PTS!
  • The Elom Flashpoint can be accessed by the terminal on Odessen.
    • Travel to Odessen.
    • Proceed to the Eastern side of the map to the Elevator present there. (-81, 236)
    • Use the Elevator button and travel to Alliance Operations.
    • Once in Alliance Operations, go to the location in the south-eastern part of the map. (-99,257)
    • Pick up the quest for Ruins of Nul to go to the Elom Flashpoint.
Alongside this mode of the Flashpoint being available, we request that players test the leveling experience beginning with level 1.
  • Please create a level 1 character on live and copy it over to the PTS server.
  • Though character copy is available, note that all PTS characters have been deleted in order to ensure 7.0 compatibility.

PLEASE NOTE that character creation is not fully functional and is not available for testing. Do not use character create.

As always, please read over the status update/known issues list and the changelog before hopping into PTS.

Below is an Itemization breakdown for PTS:
Spoiler

For steps on how to access the PTS server, follow the steps here.

Please note that all feedback threads that have been created up until now have been compiled into one post for convenience. The entire list which includes today’s update can be found here. here.
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

nitehawkxyz
11.10.2021 , 06:45 PM | #2
Was doing the new flashpoint and on the second boss when everyone died it would relocate us to a new spot and there is no way to leave the area. If you die you end up back in the same spot This will need to be fixed.

Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
Hello everyone,

• Travel to Odessen.
    • Proceed to the Eastern side of the map to the Elevator present there. (-81, 236)
    • Once in Alliance Operations, go to the location in the south-eastern part of the map. (-99,257)
Alongside this mode of the Flashpoint being available, we request that players test the leveling experience beginning with level 1.
  • Though character copy is available, note that all PTS characters have been deleted in order to ensure 7.0 compatibility.

PLEASE NOTE that character creation is not fully functional and is not available for testing. Do not use character create.

As always, please read over the status update/known issues list and the changelog before hopping into PTS.

Spoiler

Please note that all feedback threads that have been created up until now have been compiled into one post for convenience. The entire list which includes today’s update can be found here. here.

Lakemine
11.10.2021 , 07:55 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by nitehawkxyz View Post
Was doing the new flashpoint and on the second boss when everyone died it would relocate us to a new spot and there is no way to leave the area. If you die you end up back in the same spot This will need to be fixed.
I second this. This bug needs to be fixed. (Also there is a bug when switching combat styles that it removes your mount ability, just relogging fixes it. But its a bug none the less.)
I love Star Wars.

Lakemine
11.10.2021 , 07:57 PM | #4
Did the FP. First boss is meh to annoying. 2nd boss is actually the best thing of the entire FP. (But I fear for other non raider players, as they will be stuck and die to the amount of AoEs.) Bonus boss is RPS (and no loot btw). The stair ways to hell are going to get talked about in a negative way. And the last fight is meh/annoying.

Also "FOR HOUSE INROKINI!!!" 2.0 incoming. I can not WAIT for Fleet chats meltdown when this goes live. lol
I love Star Wars.

Lakemine
11.11.2021 , 08:50 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
Hello everyone,

• Travel to Odessen.

Spoiler

As a response to the spoiler stuff. Ok adding repeatable weeklys is a GOOD THING, and the upgrade boxes are good, but still meh because of RNG. Kinda seems weird saying "removing RNG!" and then just having more of it. Ok good that I can still get the armor achievements from Kai, it will just take longer. Thanks. Dumb an asinine, but thanks.

Also, with how convoluted the new gearing system is where you need a 8 paragraph essay to explain it, why not just keep the current system we have now? Especially since TFs are staying. Literally just add mods for TFs to a vendor and tokens to OPs for OPs players to the current system we have on live. Its that easy and simple and then it becomes the best gearing system ever because if gives players CHOICES which is always a good thing.

I thought the devs said "we want to simplify and make things easier for players.", which the current system is. This new one is convoluted, arcahic and punishing. That doesn't seem like "simple". Unless BioWare devs are changing the definitions of words, which I would very much like to see the Dictionary listing definition they are using.

(And remember Jackie, the disappointment, anger and confusion emotions I have are NOT at you. They are at the devs and the people making these choices and forcing them on us. Without feedback, permission, ANYTHING. That is who my anger is directed at, not you. )
I love Star Wars.

streunekatze
11.12.2021 , 11:37 AM | #6
well, got stuck on the second boss. Same problem other people have, the respawn point seems to be unter the actual area of the FP. First boss was okay, nothing to special, the stack debuff was interesting but didn't do too much in Vet. Second Boss seemed very interesting, but well couldn't finish the fp

JackieKo
11.19.2021 , 12:35 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone,

Wanted to let players know that this final phase of PTS will be coming down Monday, November 22, at approximately 10am CT. Should that change, I will update this thread.

Jackie
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

LordCamTheGreat
11.19.2021 , 03:42 PM | #8
The fact that this was the final phase does concern me a fair amount.
Hopefully all the combat styles are getting the same treatment and response to feedback that the Guardian got when 7.0 launches.
Fingers crossed at least
Jack of all classes, master of some. Always remember that cake is a lie.

robwettengel
11.22.2021 , 10:03 AM | #9
I was figuring they'd at least want us to take loadouts for a spin before shuttering things for now.

Taurax
11.22.2021 , 04:09 PM | #10
I logged onto the PTS this weekend, from scratch. Made a BH, selected Commando (hopefully to finally get to use a rifle as a BH)

You have a lot of work to do.
The character page WIP...is sad. Cant select titles to see if what I was hoping for was going to happen, such as giving me the title of Bounty Hunter instead of Commando.
Cant use the trainer on Hutta...since I'm not a real bounty hunter. Means I'll have to wait until I get to the fleet to learn skills.
Cant use many of the skills with a rifle properly.

I was disappointed overall with the experience, and didnt last long. I don't see myself playing after the next part of the storyline, and will be changing from paying for 6 months at a time...to 1 month every 6 months. to catch up on any storylines. This will save me $120 a year.
Aljebra

*Problem solving to find solutions, then go random to cause chaos for the fun of it*