Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Elom Flashpoint: VETERAN Mode Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Elom Flashpoint: VETERAN Mode Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JackieKo
11.10.2021 , 12:48 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Please use this thread to offer your feedback for your experiences with the Veteran Mode for the Elom Flashpoint.

Please answer the following questions:
  • How do you feel about the boss balance?
  • How do you feel about the trash balance?
  • Are you experiencing any functionality issues? If so, please explain in detail.
  • Are there any friction points that hinder your progress?
  • Are the objectives clear and easily understandable?
  • How does the pacing of combat feel?
  • Please give us details on your experience with the stone stair segment where you need to traverse a tight path with enemies and other area dangers.

Feel free to answer in as much detail as possible to help us understand your thought process and line of thinking.

Thank you!
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

metwars
11.10.2021 , 06:01 PM | #2
Played with a full DPS group on IMP side

How do you feel about the boss balance? - The first, bonus boss and Final boss felt really easy for vet, we were able to just ignore most of the mechanics and just do a tank and spank. The bonus boss looked like we were suppose to have them interact somehow with each other due to what the debuffs said, but we didn't have to worry about that. Final boss especially didn't really feel like it was doing any kind of damage, which is a shame because it didn't really feel like the climatic fight like it should have. we were able to first try all three of them. The 2nd boss on the other hand I thought was perfect. The mechanics were easy to understand and execute, the damage being done was enough for us to pay attention and use the med packs, while not being high enough to seem impossible/infuriating. we wiped a couple of times but we were able to beat it on our 3rd try.

How do you feel about the trash balance? - Trash was fine. No huge group, and they were very quick to kill

Are you experiencing any functionality issues? If so, please explain in detail. - Yes. During the second boss fight, if you get too close to him, practically touching/inside of him, the boss will vanish, combat will end and the whole fight will reset.
Also during the stair portion, the first set of mobs despawned, which made it so all of the other republic enemies stop from spawning while we were climbing up. We were able to easily fix this but just starting again from the beginning of the stair segment.

Are there any friction points that hinder your progress? - Outside of the trash not spawning on the stairs, nothing really

Are the objectives clear and easily understandable? - yes they were

How does the pacing of combat feel? Felt fast pace to me

Please give us details on your experience with the stone stair segment where you need to traverse a tight path with enemies and other area dangers. - When the trash did spawn, I did find this part very interesting. The adds being quick to kill while trying to avoid the aoes was a nice change of pace from what we normally do in FP's. The only thing to me was that the damage that the AOE's did seemed to be inconsistent. Sometimes it took out half my health, other times it barely did anything. it might also feel a little bit better if it was 2 or 3 little aoes that you had to avoid, but I am not sure about that part. Overall it was a pretty nice segment

Overall I really enjoy this FP. I liked the pace and the look of the planet was great. The only big issue for me was that all but the 2nd boss was a bit too easy, though that might be fine for Vet. Can't wait to try it out on Master Mode

hplaRnotwo
11.10.2021 , 07:21 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post

Are you experiencing any functionality issues? If so, please explain in detail.
For some weird reason after the first boss the same three droids when traveling keep spawning at the trigger point. Might wanna look into this.

There's also a bug with the second boss where if you move too close enough to the boss (i.e. run into it) the boss will reset and the whole fight needs to be restarted, sorta like the Cortanni(?) fight with pets and placeable vendors.

I'm not sure what was supposed to happen when the third boss moves all around the place but we fortunately encountered no other bugs from him. Even if that wasn't a mistake, the boss fight made no sense.

The stone path segment was very fast-paced and required a lot of clicking. The experience wasn't terrible but rather a bit annoying considering how many grapple points there are and the "Gods" mechanic with the constant air strikes. I'm still baffled how the platforms didn't manage to fall apart considering how many of those were thrown out in our fast-pace run.

Our group all encountered a bug where completing the new FP didn't count towards the Veteran FP Weekly, a notable bug that needs to be addressed.

Even with all of these bugs removed, I still have strong feelings toward the new Elom FP and I was able to find a quote that summarizes my entire experience there:

ARGH! IT WAS WEAK!!

SaerethDL
11.10.2021 , 08:23 PM | #4
[bug/functionality]
During the second boss we wiped, we all spawned at a med center that was in the sky up a mountain with no way back to the boss or any other part of the map, even after /unstuck or reentering the flashpoint it would put us at that same med center.

Phatsac
11.10.2021 , 09:33 PM | #5
Logged in Republic side around 9pm central US time 11/10, I was unable to find the flashpoint in the veteran queue. Granted there were only 4 other people on the republic fleet at the time I logged in according to the UI. How do you queue for it, or do you have to walk in or what ?
PhatsacVanguard
<The Silver Order>
The Harbinger

FlameYOL
11.10.2021 , 10:03 PM | #6
Both boss and trash balance feel quite easy, I did it with a team of 3 players (1 tank, 2 DPS and 1 comp healer) and we didn't encountered any issues as far as balancing is concerned.

I've experienced a few functionality issues such as constantly respawning enemies (a group of droids as others mentioned), being hit by the first's boss cone acttack. AOE despite not being in it as well as being hit by the 2nd's boss massive cone attack AOE despite not being in it (which also granted me the debuff making his laser hurt more) as for the last issue that I noticed was being unable to kill the enemies by knocking them off during the cliff part of the flashpoint before you get to Malgus.

I haven't encountered any friction points myself.

The objectives are clear, as are most of the mechanics I'd say the only one I didn't fully understood was Malgus and his rage stacks (is it something we gotta manage like Tyth or just survive like Zildrog's stacks that increase his damage), I would say sometimes I do get a little bit lost in the first area of the flashpoint so if you could make pathways a bit more noticeable on the map I'd appreciate it.

Combat is fine, its about what I expect from a veteran mode flashpoint which is to say a pretty easy experience. I'm looking forward to testing this on master mode, if I can find a group for it that is. I'm curious to see the fights balanced for that, especially Malgus.

I enjoyed the cliff part, it was a novelty (though I fell once lol) I'd say the only annoying part of me are enemies not dying with knockbacks I feel with the constant bombardment you're suffering it'd best just to knock them as opposed to fighting them on. Not that it killed anyone in my group but we had a healer comp, and I'd suspect the bombardments will deal far more damage in master.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

SaerethDL
11.10.2021 , 10:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Phatsac View Post
Logged in Republic side around 9pm central US time 11/10, I was unable to find the flashpoint in the veteran queue. Granted there were only 4 other people on the republic fleet at the time I logged in according to the UI. How do you queue for it, or do you have to walk in or what ?
walk in, ask for a group in chat. It's on Odessan

EHKodiak
11.11.2021 , 02:26 AM | #8
Tried it solo as a concealment operative.

First boss, very easy.

There were occassions such as running through the narrow tunnel where the mobs respawn behind you that they keep respawning everytime you get to a specific point in that tunnel.

Second boss, wiped as expected - this looks fun.

Bug: Wiped on second boss, respawning put me under the map

hugo-uludag
11.11.2021 , 03:17 AM | #9
every time i die i Loud there i left the fp and to go back in i load there again

https://imgur.com/wcOopLS

Lakemine
11.11.2021 , 06:29 AM | #10
Tried the new FP first boss solo, rest of the FP with 1 tank, 2 dps and healer companion.

Boss Balance: First boss is annoying with all of the stuns and bleeds, but mostly tank and spank. Also is the giant laser a specific mechanic to it or just take its damage? Second boss is the only good thing about the FP, but I say that with a caveat. I myself liked it, but for casual players trying to solo it in storyline? I think it will be very aggravating for them. Also the amount of AoEs, means classes that can't move easy (like the butchered commando/mercenary) it will be very bad for those players. For us melee classes, its was fine. Bonus boss R/P/S is ok, no loot though. Think that's a bug. Third and final boss. Weak and boring, and not epic at all. Also is the mechanic of him jumping around just "don't get hit with his red lines"? Also the "PAIN!!!!!" and his other comment will become the new 'HOUSE INROKINI!!!" 2.0, hopefully it gets fixed, but if not, fleet chat will be FILLED with people complaining about it.

Trash balance: Trash is fine. As was mentioned a few times, the small narrow pathway right before the second boss, the ads keep triggering multiple times, so maybe that needs to be looked at. Also the elite mob that spawns right before the 2nd door, spawns multiple times.

Functionally Issues: As was mentioned by someone else, if you die on the 2nd boss, it will spawn you on the outside of the mountain with no way to get back, but for exiting and refreshing the FP. Also the bug with the 2nd boss if you get in the shield, it resets the fight multiple times. Can't think of any other bugs/functionally issues atm.

Impeding Progress: ^ basically that.

Are the objectives clear and understandable: More or less. The keystones being in different places each time is annoying, but meh. The only thing I will mention is for us players who do HM/NIM OPs, figuring out the mechanics of the cores during the 2nd boss made sense to us, but for solo players? Maybe they need an arrow indicator on the droid > core? Just might help the solo newbs a bit. Rest is fine.

Pacing: Pacing seems fine. Just like most VM FPs atm. I will say from a storyline point, it was kind of lame and uneventful.

Stone Stairs: It was meh. I get the idea that its going for. The AoEs seem WAY too big though, IMO just make them a little bit smaller so more dodging can happen. I feel a bit sorry for people who arn't used to having to move that fast, but we shall see.

The look of the FP is cool and the 2nd boss is interesting. Rest is meh to annoying.

Edit: Forgot to add about the 2nd boss. Because of there being SO MANY AoEs, being on a mobile melee character was easy and the fight was fun, but being on a non mobile class (commando, since the mobility was removed from them in order to have survivability) it is not fun at all.
I love Star Wars.