Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Itemization in 7.0

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
11.02.2021 , 02:40 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

With the release of our Itemization in 7.0 article, we wanted to add some clarity around some of the details of that article in addition to providing some supplementary information.

In addition to the removal of the Renown system mentioned in the article, we are changing the Social and server-wide Dark vs. Light systems.

What will happen to Renown Achievements, Legacy Perks, and Boosts
  • Achievements will for the most part be moved to Feats of Strength, and have their point values removed (with the exception of Social achievements, as described below).
  • Legacy Perks related to these systems will be removed starting in 7.0.
    • Starting today, Renown and Social Legacy Perks will have their Cartel Coin price reduced to 1
  • Renown Boosts will be removed from the Cartel Market next Monday, November 8th. Until then, they will be discounted by 90%
    • Upon 7.0 launch, existing boost items for these systems (Renown and Social) will no longer work, and will be able to be sold to vendors for a small number of credits

What will happen to the Social rewards?
  • We are converting the system from awarding points based on conversation choices to instead reward grouping for activities. Details of the changes are:
    • Achievements have been reworked to now require Group Finder activities rather than Social Levels.
    • The character titles which previously came with the achievements are now exclusive to those who already completed the Achievement. For 7.0 and forward, the updated Achievements will grant Legacy Titles of the same titles (rather than Character ones).
    • These Achievements will gate the visibility and purchase of the items on Social vendors. As players progress through the achievements, more items will become available.
    • The two fleet social vendors will be moved to the Cantina area on both fleets and have all Social items previously available.
    • The old vendors around the galaxy will still be available, but they will only have inventory based on the player's achievement progress.

What will happen to the Dark vs Light system?
  • First, let’s clarify exactly what we’re talking about with the Dark vs. Light system. The individual character alignment system, where morality choices made throughout the story in conversations or via the Diplomacy crew skill in order to move a character’s alignment between Dark and Light sides of the Force, will remain unchanged.
  • The server-wide Dark vs Light meter which would pop up every so often to reflect the balance in the galaxy will be removed.
  • The small alignment widget in the UI will be removed
  • The alignment choice every time group finder pops will be removed
  • The DvL bosses that spawned in the world when one side was victorious will be removed temporarily. We plan on re-introducing them in a future update.
  • The DvL rewards vendors will remain in place on both Fleets
  • To compensate for the loss of constant alignment gain, character alignment levels and thresholds will revert to pre-Dark vs. Light system totals

We'll be keeping an eye on this thread to answer questions that may have not been answered in the post.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

RikuvonDrake
11.02.2021 , 02:57 PM | #2
Will the achievements currently categorized under "Spoils of War", the Equipment Sets and Tactical Items also be moved to the Feats of Strength category or will they still be achievable in 7.0?

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

Toraak
11.02.2021 , 02:59 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Will the achievements currently categorized under "Spoils of War", the Equipment Sets and Tactical Items also be moved to the Feats of Strength category or will they still be achievable in 7.0?
This is a very good question.

FlameYOL
11.02.2021 , 03:03 PM | #4
Well only downside to me is that apparently I was mistaken in regards to everyone being able to get to max Irating, I dislike this change as I enjoy getting to max Irating with enough work. I do like the idea of directly upgrading things though, the less RNG the better but I'm not so sure if making gear non-moddable before 334 Irating is a good idea. I suppose if the stats are good I won't have to worry but if they aren't then I don't have much choice.

Sad to see the DvL system going away though, I hope it gets re-introduced soon I thought it was one of the only good system 5.0 added, it was fun hunting the bosses down the biggest issue with them is the fact they did not respawned after a first attempt which made things difficult if your group wiped.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

The-Kaitou-Kid
11.02.2021 , 03:08 PM | #5
Sigh. Removed the rant. I genuinely hate being so negative, but the build up to this update has been massively frustrating so far. Hopefully things will be okay once it all launches. I just wish I had more reasons to be excited.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

merovejec
11.02.2021 , 03:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
This is a very good question.
If they move the gear sets achievements to 0 points that will be a HUGE slap in the face for many players as many surely have spend countless hours and months of playing to get them finished.
Merovejec

Damask_Rose
11.02.2021 , 03:21 PM | #7
Let me see if I understand this correctly. Social points will now only be available through group finder. So the few points from heroic conversations while in a group are gone. Points for world bosses are gone. Points for non-group finder flashpoints and operations are gone. But to compensate for removing all existing ways to get social points in order to force people into group finder ques is a new set of achievements which are legacy wide?

I don't understand anything you just said about dvl. Something something there is no way to gain dvl currency to spend at the vendors we so kindly left in game. When you re-introduce the bosses, could you please put them on the group finder that you are so excessively fond of? I have yet to even see one, let alone fight one.

"Whether a player is here for the story or to take on the most powerful challenges in the galaxy, we want there to be something a player can look forward to that makes their characters stronger." Where are you hiding the info on how we get gear from story content? If there is no way to gear up without relying on conquest and random weeklies that constantly reset, will the bottom tier gear be good enough to comfortably complete all story content in 7.0? Cause I got to say, everything I've read about the new gearing system indicates I'm never going to get anything better, which also means I will no longer feel comfortable jointing the occasional pvp or flashpoint. Or will crafting be a viable alternative? Or are you going to limit crafting mats to ops players keeping a hard line between haves and have-nots? You need to point out the way I'm supposed to be able to look forward to getting stronger, because I keep looking for it and not finding it.
Where is Theron?
Give him as much screen time as the creepy blond stalker!

Farferello
11.02.2021 , 03:23 PM | #8
I hate everything about this. What happened to 'play your own way'? Because:
Quote:
Furthering our efforts to build a fulfilling experience for our players, we will be featuring different content on a weekly basis in 7.0. This content will rotate on a schedule to prevent farming of one specific piece of content, which has a negative impact on a player’s overall experience.
Does not sound like 'play your own way.' Also, who says that me running the same thing will negatively impact my overall experience? Because I sure didn't. I'd rather run the same thing than be forced into something I hate.

Also if gear is going to be static, how are we supposed to hit accuracy and alacrity levels now? Other than relying on augments, it's going to be hard without drastically going over what you need stat wise unless that's completely changing.

I'm not too thrilled about the removal of the DvL system, it was handy for earning points and useful if you wanted to play a Neutral character without making them bipolar when it came to choices. I guess I'll have to pick up Diplomacy on my neutral Inquisitor so he can stay that way, something the toggle made easy when I was playing him.

What about tech fragments? Are those also being phased out? I assume so if we can no longer buy anything with them once 7.0 hits but I'd like confirmation so I can just trash the gear I have ahead of time.

Sarova
11.02.2021 , 03:48 PM | #9
What social perks are available through our legacies?
Fortunately I didn't bother with Renown perks after my main. I'm still nowhere near the 999 renown required for the achievement on my main (not even half way).

For those of us who have characters with the full set of social achievements and titles, does this mean our alts will now earn the legacy titles instead? If they do, does this mean our characters will be able to display both the character social title and the legacy one? E.G.:
Cheracter title: Party Time Sarova
Legacty Title: Party Time
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as a permanent companion & romance please!
And more Quinn content is always welcome

My Rishi

CarlGustaf
11.02.2021 , 03:50 PM | #10
Quote:
Current Operations will operate a bit differently. Gear tokens will drop directly from bosses and will be tradeable among the group. For example, after defeating one boss, a player may be awarded with a token for Pants with an item rating of 328. They could then either turn in the token and choose their piece of gear or trade it to another player. We believe allowing players who participate in large group content to gear up others quickly mitigates changes in the group dynamics when leaving or joining the group and is a crucial piece of this type of gameplay.
Well finally you reintroduce this again...
Natsu Dragonslayer Eideley
YOLO on T3-M4

Gimp aus Leidenschaft