Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legendary Items Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CommunityTeam
10.29.2021 , 09:17 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
With PTS now live, you can help test Legendary Items!

Please answer the following questions:
  • Do you feel there's a good mix of options for each combat style?
  • Does one stand out as a clear best or not so great? Please explain why.
  • Are there any other old set bonuses you'd like to see on Legendaries?
Feel free to answer in as much detail as possible to help us understand your thought process and line of thinking.

Thank you!
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

FlameYOL
10.29.2021 , 10:20 AM | #2
I think some of the legendary items are missing descriptions of what they do exactly some of the implants for my discipline (darkness) are showing just the stats despite having similar names to current set bonuses. I'm also unable to find any earpiece within the legendary items vendor.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Toraak
10.29.2021 , 11:21 AM | #3
looking at the Virulence sniper Legendary items, all I see is 5 implants and 4 of those do not show any description, only stats.. The vendor does not show any ear pieces for me to look at either.

HotaBae
10.29.2021 , 12:06 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
looking at the Virulence sniper Legendary items, all I see is 5 implants and 4 of those do not show any description, only stats.. The vendor does not show any ear pieces for me to look at either.
A friend told me that there are only implants on this build of the PTS. Same friend told me the broken sniper legendaries you mentioned should be:

Takedown Damage Buff
One that provides an energy benefit if using cover
A Laze Target Cooldown reduction

A generic Agent leggo thats basically the probe tech set bonus from live -> AoE Shield Probe

LordCamTheGreat
10.29.2021 , 12:11 PM | #5
Echoing the above, I don't see the descriptions of some of the legendary items and I can only see implants. I asked in fleet chat and the only response I got was that they couldn't see earpieces either.
Jack of all classes, master of some. Always remember that cake is a lie.

Rankansen
10.29.2021 , 12:19 PM | #6
I can't get onto the test server to see for myself atm. Do these replace tacticals, as well as armor sets?

CommunityTeam
10.29.2021 , 12:23 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting the missing Legendary Earpieces.

There is an error in our latest blog regarding Legendary Items, there are no Legendary Earpieces with 7.0. We will update our blog to mirror this change.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

MaximusRex
10.29.2021 , 01:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityTeam View Post
Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting the missing Legendary Earpieces.

There is an error in our latest blog regarding Legendary Items, there are no Legendary Earpieces with 7.0. We will update our blog to mirror this change.
So you are moving set bonus to legendary items, but are launching the expansions this happens in without all of the legendary items?

This deal is getting worse all the time.

Fiehdel
10.29.2021 , 01:38 PM | #9
Not a question about Legendary Items per se but rather the phasing out of existing Set bonuses.

1) It has been stated that set bonuses will be inoperative from level 76 onwards but I request that this is reconsidered and that the bonuses become inactive from ascension to level 80.

I find it irritating to put it mildly that you create a time/resource sink that becomes immediately useless the moment a new expansion is announced and negates the hard work that has been put into the game by players. Whilst I accept that it is the nature of an MMO to force players to constantly seek new equipment grades at each new release I feel it is unnecessary harsh to remove the effectiveness of old sets, especially those that are specifically designed to help players grind xp/renown.

Two obvious candidates are:
i. the Victors Set which increases uptime by providing constant health top ups whilst butchering mobs;
ii. the Victorious Pioneer Set awarded for diligent participation in your own Light vs Dark event and whose only purpose is to increase awarded experience by up to 40%. That's to say its ONLY value is to help players level up! A counter-argument will no doubt be made that it can still be used for levelling alts but I've been playing this game since launch nigh 10 years ago and my roster is already full of alts I don't play, many created coincidentally during the afore-mentioned Light vs Dark event. I'm not creating anymore especially now that PvP has been scrunched into two camps. Max level and then everyone else. Maybe it is more accurate to say max level and then everyone else so long as they are close to being max level.

2) I admit that I may have missed the announcement but has anyone said anything regarding Tacticals and their continued use in the new 7.0 rule set or are they also going to be phased out after a very short existence?

In synopsis? Please don't penalise existing effort unnecessarily harshly.

Teraka

EmperorRus
10.29.2021 , 01:48 PM | #10
Please remove Accuracy from Legendary Items. Think about PvP.