Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing Legendary Items

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JackieKo
10.27.2021 , 12:59 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi everyone,

Here is an inside look into an update coming to gearing in 7.0. Legendary Items is a new way to customize the play style of your character! Expect to see some of these in an upcoming PTS patch coming in the very near future.

Jackie
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

CrazyScruffy
10.27.2021 , 01:04 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
Hi everyone,

Here is an inside look into an update coming to gearing in 7.0. Legendary Items is a new way to customize the play style of your character! Expect to see some of these in an upcoming PTS patch coming in the very near future.

Jackie
Thanks Jackie, this looks like a nice change and I'm excited to see how it plays out
"You simply have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Put blinders on and plow right ahead." - George Lucas

FlameYOL
10.27.2021 , 01:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyScruffy View Post
Thanks Jackie, this looks like a nice change and I'm excited to see how it plays out
Same, I hope we also get some pre 7.0 setbonuses with these new legendary items I miss some of the assassin ones.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Sarova
10.27.2021 , 01:08 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
Hi everyone,

Jackie
Just read through the article - this seems like a great change
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as a permanent companion & romance please!
And more Quinn content is always welcome

My Rishi

BenKatarn
10.27.2021 , 01:15 PM | #5
I am not sure how to feel about one expansion throwing a metric ton of set bonus gear at us, only to completely omit that feature moving forward...

I do at least hope you don't accidentally destroy the Victorious Pioneer's XP set bonus though.
- = = The Katarn Legacy = = -

KrukPL
10.27.2021 , 01:28 PM | #6
How will this affect achievements for sets?

HunterSpetsnaz
10.27.2021 , 01:40 PM | #7
As long as those new Legendary items are as good or better as curent ones, like Powertech Tank's "Emergency Power" Set, which is mandatory to have right now...

Baletraeger
10.27.2021 , 02:03 PM | #8
So what happens to set bonus gear in 7.0? Existing in tandem?

What happens to tacticals?

Will we be able to have multiple active set bonuses active to create player agency similarly to what tacticals gave us, and what we would have had in 6.0 if gear sets were set to 3/6 piece bonuses instead of 4/6?
Troomis | Star Forge | Twitter

The-Kaitou-Kid
10.27.2021 , 02:18 PM | #9
As I mentioned in the other thread, will there be any responses to the stuff that's on the PTS now in addition these new updates? Because there's a lot of concerns about the current state of certain classes and a lot of bugs and question marks and ambiguities that have been completely ignored for almost 3 weeks at this point. What's the purpose of the PTS at this point if you guys aren't engaging with it? Why should we put in that effort if you won't?
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Medullah
10.27.2021 , 02:45 PM | #10
Does this mean we won't be able to use DvL XP armor to level from 75-80?