Some emotes are not usable at all in non-english versions

reelie-maker

Unless I'm missing something, it seems there is an issue with the emote commands in the non-english versions of the game, or at least, the french one.

For example, I'd like to use the emote "Danse Bras Croisés", but the command to do it is the same as "Bras Croisés". So, when I type "/brascroisés" in the chat panel, my character will play the "Bras Croisés" animation, instead of the "Danse Bras Croisés" emote.

In the object description of the emote itself, it is written that the command is "/brascroisés", so it is not a mistake from my end, unless the description is wrong.

Furthermore, in the emote panel, under the catogory "Danses", the button that refers the "Danse Bras Croisés" emote is, indeed, called "/brascroisés", exactly the same text as the button to play the "Bras Croisés" animation, under the "Émotions" category. It doesn't matter which one I clic, it will always play the emote "Bras Croisés". "Danse Bras Croisés" is unreachable.

While we're at it, yes, I did purchase and consume the "Danse Bras Croisés" emote on the character I'm trying to use it. That is not the problem.

Oh, and by the way, I don't know its name, but the emote played when an english user type "/look" can't be reached neither in french. I've tried all the existing emotes and it never played. My personnal guess would be that there's two emotes in english "/look" and "/watch", which are both translated to "/regarder", resulting in the same problem as "/brascroisés".

Finally, my personnal take on this would be to allow us to use the english commands. It would fix everything on my end and it will ease the communication between us, players, when we're searching for a specific emote. As a RP player, I'd like to be able to use the emotes I purchased with Cartel Coins.

Thanks for your understanding and I hope my explanation was clear enough.

-Reelie

Edited by reelie-maker

In the object description of the emote itself, it is written that the command is "/brascroisés", so it is not a mistake from my end, unless the description is wrong.

Some of the *English* descriptions are wrong, so there's no reason to think that the French ones will be all correct.

EDIT: specifically, see https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=991984

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Oh I see, and didn't know!

Altough this doesn't change a thing about the facts that these two emotes I specified are still unreachable. And there's probably more than only these two. :(

For sure. I think they need to go through all the emotes in all three languages and make sure all the descriptions match the "true" emote name.