I don't have to Put up with This?! (achievement)

DarthLincoln

Hi folks,

In the meantime, we understand the disappointment among those of you who really wanted to unlock the meta achievement "Master of the Feast" and receive the associated title. We're working on a change for an upcoming patch to remove "I Don't Have to Put up with This" from the meta and retroactively complete the achievement for those who fulfilled the other requirements.

So the "I Don't Have to Put up with This" is removed as a requirement from "master of the Feast?

But the actual achievement is still staying? So just to be clear, it won't be possible to 100% Feast of Prosperity this year?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah, yes, I'm more tired than I thought, read it wrong, d'oh...lol

I'd rather be able to complete all the achievements in a normal fashion, but since we're out of time this alternative means we'll at least be able to complete the main achievement for the title instead of waiting a full year.

Next year, they may reinsert it, but with a different title, Head Chef, or just 'Gordon Ramsay' ;)

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Just to clarify and I think some of you have already alluded to this. The fix that Natha referenced above will remove "I Don't Have to Put up with This" from the requirements for "Master of the Feast".

We refer to meta Achievements as grouping of Achievements over a category, such as how "Master of the Feast" is a collection of Achievements for the Feast of Prosperity.

Hope that clears up any confusion!

-eric

Hey folks,

Just to clarify and I think some of you have already alluded to this. The fix that Natha referenced above will remove "I Don't Have to Put up with This" from the requirements for "Master of the Feast".

We refer to meta Achievements as grouping of Achievements over a category, such as how "Master of the Feast" is a collection of Achievements for the Feast of Prosperity.

-eric

https://media2.giphy.com/media/KeR505b7AfEEjs8hjC/giphy.gif?cid=cafe52e9s1y987j6whqwwv4rpnx4atirpju9abxrv67hty6k&rid=giphy.gif

:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by DarkTergon

The right way to address this would have been:

1. Remove the requirement of the 5th mission from "I don't have to Put up with This". This would be the best way. It would allow people who completed other parts to get both this achievement and the meta achievement "Master of the Feast" All these people would get 100% completion on the event.

or

2. Make the 5th mission come up today and extend the event by a week. This would be the second-best way. Everyone interested would be able to get both this achievement and the meta achievement "Master of the Feast" and 100% on the event.

So, naturally BW picks a different option.

3a. Let the event end like this with one very small activity (entering the kitchen and leaving it) blocking 25% of the entire event achievement.

3b. Remove this "I don't have to Put up with This" achievement from the meta achievement "Master of the Feast" at a future, currently unspecified, date. This is a kludge and feels wrong. Even when this is done, the "I don't have to Put up with This" achievement will remain incomplete, the overall event achievement will remain <100% for another year at least.

3c. Fix the rotation of missions for "I don't have to Put up with This" achievement at some point. They're not even promising to consider that, let alone commit to a date. So, this achievement and the overall event achievement could remain incomplete for an unspecified number of years.

Edited by mike_carton

pick a better color dude, this one not only looks like vomit but also is less bright than basic color making it harder to read. and this thread is full of your posts filled with this coloring.

Edited by Darittha

pick a better color dude, this one not only looks like vomit but also is less bright than basic color making it harder to read. and this thread is full of your posts filled with this coloring.

Come on. Try a little. Make an actual attempt to convince a fellow human being. Would you give an "A" for this effort?

Or better yet, pick no colour at all and just go with the default.

I tend to skip over posts where the user messes with the default font/colour. Using colour for parts of a post is fine, but not for the whole posts.

Hey folks,

-eric

Do we have an ETA on when this will happen?

• 3 months later...
I see some fixes coming up with 6.2.1 in the category "Feast of Prosperity". 6.2.1 Patch Notes

There is nothing about achievement we're discussing here. Was it patched already?

They did the patch for this awhile ago. Still dislike that I have that one achievement missing but at least I got my Chef title.

As I wrote during the feast:

1. Remove the requirement of the 5th mission from "I don't have to Put up with This". This would be the best way. It would allow people who completed other parts to get both this achievement and the meta achievement "Master of the Feast" All these people would get 100% completion on the event.

or

2. Make the 5th mission come up today and extend the event by a week. This would be the second-best way. Everyone interested would be able to get both this achievement and the meta achievement "Master of the Feast" and 100% on the event.

They fixed it badly during the event. Instead of getting rid of that mission, they just removed "I don't have to Put up with This" achievement from the Meta Achievement called Master of the Feast. That completed that Master of the Feast achievement, but the unachievable hidden achievement still remains in the game; net result is that I have 85/95 in General category of "Feast of Prosperity" event and no way to get the remaining 10 points.

Just checked and it did not change. Of course, the Patch Notes didn't promise to make any change, to be fair. They did make this bug fix:

Added the missing word in the conversation line...
Edited by mike_carton

They did the patch for this awhile ago. Still dislike that I have that one achievement missing but at least I got my Chef title.

Ohh, I don't know why I thought after fix we'll get that hidden achievement :C It's about title then.

• 7 months later...
  • Dev Post
Today's "Challenge Dish" is "Ultimate Galactic Sampler" again.

JackieKO, can you please address this:

Will the mission "Challenge Dish: Spicy Nexu Tongue" appear at least once in the next 2 weeks?

Hi mike_carton,

Missions are randomly chosen every day. That said, there's a 50% chance the challenge of the day is Spicy Nexu Tongue, so chances are high that you'll see it soon.

Hi mike_carton,

Missions are randomly chosen every day. That said, there's a 50% chance the challenge of the day is Spicy Nexu Tongue, so chances are high that you'll see it soon.

Thank you, JackieKO.

Background on this: The mission "Challenge Dish: Spicy Nexu Tongue" has been required to complete a hidden achievement; but this mission did not show up even once during the entire 2-week (3-week?) event last year.

Edited by mike_carton

Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting your concerns with this achievement. We're currently investigating "I Don't Have to Put up with This" and its requirements to determine if there are any issues affecting it.

In the meantime, we understand the disappointment among those of you who really wanted to unlock the meta achievement "Master of the Feast" and receive the associated title. We're working on a change for an upcoming patch to remove "I Don't Have to Put up with This" from the meta and retroactively complete the achievement for those who fulfilled the other requirements.

I would say, the real question is, has this been fixed?