Email on Subscription Change - No Such Change was Made

Vaipetrucci

I received an email this afternoon at 3:23pm central time (USA) stating that my subscription had changed.

Subject: Subscription Change

Text:

Greetings (Username):

We are contacting you to confirm that your Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ subscription has been updated. By making your subscription purchase today, you authorize EA to automatically charge the then-current renewal subscription fee (plus applicable taxes or inclusive of applicable taxes based on billing address) to your credit or debit card or other available payment method on each renewal date without any additional action by you.

(more followed)

I never made any changes.

I logged in to verify that I'm still set up for 30 days recurring billing.

I verified that my card info was the same as before.

Did anyone else get this?

Can you find out why I got this email?

Are you a subscriber or FTP/Preferred player? It's likely that email's a boiler-plate standard automatic email sent out when they either granted 100 CC (F2P/Pref) or 1 day sub time (Sub) to your account to compensate for the... kerfluffle with the launcher and patching yesterday...

I'm a subscriber.

If they did indeed grant me a 1 day bonus for the downloader issue, then that's probably what this is. I'm not seeing anything on my account to indicate a change, though.

And yeah, I got hit with that. Nothing like downloading a small patch, having it crap out, and then downloading the entire game again for hours on end.

• Dev Post

Hi all,

These are automated emails that are in direct response to the 1 day sub grant we are giving to players who were impacted by the October 6th incident. Your account will not have any additional renewals of subs.

Thanks!

EDIT: Per OP's request, locking this thread.

Edited by JackieKo