Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher Issues (Re-installing whole game)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Launcher Issues (Re-installing whole game)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TrixxieTriss
10.06.2021 , 06:31 PM | #71
Hi Jackie, can we please have an update on an expected fix.

COOLak
10.06.2021 , 06:31 PM | #72
I love how I just blindly purchased a 6 months subscription without even trying to launch the game after about 8 years absence.

Rojodojo
10.06.2021 , 06:33 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by COOLak View Post
I love how I just blindly purchased a 6 months subscription without even trying to launch the game after about 8 years absence.
Ouch.

Only just started playing in late August and did the 2 months one time payment.... *shrug* I'll decide whether or not to re-up in 23 days based on how long I'm locked out of the game with no reimbursement.

xunjin
10.06.2021 , 06:38 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Hi Jackie, can we please have an update on an expected fix.
Maybe we should ask which kind of logs can we provide to them to help debug it?

Seriously complaning here without new info is useless and just make more unnecessary pressure

Brinell
10.06.2021 , 06:38 PM | #75
Gave up and installed game on steam. Took 28 mins. Running great
Founder returning after lengthy absence

COOLak
10.06.2021 , 06:43 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Brinell View Post
Gave up and installed game on steam. Took 28 mins. Running great
Oh wait, so it's free to intall Steam edition? I'm gonna do this right now.

Decidion
10.06.2021 , 06:43 PM | #77
I bet I know the problem...and I've seen it before on other systems. Some Dev screwed up the versioning number and the system keeps downloading what it thinks is the current version, but is actually marked an older version. This then causes the download to re-initiate automatically.

JackieKo
10.06.2021 , 06:44 PM | #78 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we investigated this issue. It has been resolved, however, please note that players who have downloaded or started to download the patch will have to re-download the game in its entirety. Those who have not patched should be able to log in and play the game as normal. We apologize for the inconvenience to the impacted players.
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Hasdrabul
10.06.2021 , 06:45 PM | #79
Update: I deleted my original SWTOR from my PC, and went and installed the Steam version. Works PERFECTLY.
"When war turns whole populations into sleepwalkers, outlaws don't join forces with alarm clocks. Outlaws, like poets, rearrange the nightmare." -Tom Robbins

turbomagnus
10.06.2021 , 06:47 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we investigated this issue. It has been resolved, however, please note that players who have downloaded or started to download the patch will have to re-download the game in its entirety. Those who have not patched should be able to log in and play the game as normal. We apologize for the inconvenience to the impacted players.
If we may ask out of curiousity, Jackie, can you tell us what the problem turned out to be?