The "Whispers in the Force" briefing

OldVengeance

Sooo, I couldn't help but notice that the dialogue for this latest story update kiiinda seems to be written as if the Alliance is still maybe separate from their faction?

Is that a bug or an oversight? I know there is a history of both.

We know from the previous update that sometimes the wrong dialogue can trigger for these things. But it's also possible they were trying to write deliberately ambiguous dialogue to try to accommodate every scenario, but that it still came across as a little awkward.

Lana refers to "our allies in the Empire" as if we aren't part of it. And Theron and my Jedi spoke about Task Force Nova like it was a separate thing and we weren't members of it.

And sure, maybe the idea is that Lana calls our character "Commander" out of habit, at this point, but it still felt weird in light of our character previously being able to specify what they prefer to be called. So far, Jekiah, Rivix, and Aryn seem to be able to do it.

Well so far there has been no difference whatsoever since Onslaught whether we rejoined our faction or not... I really hope that won't be the case in LotS... But yes, it's been very disappointing.

That being said, I appreciate all the small options we get with all those small scenes... Working with Zenith, not working with Zenith, sending Akaavi, not sending Akaavi, sending Arcann, not sending Arcann... The small chat differences depending on your class, the new interactions with old companions.

My only gripe in this one is that my BH and Akaavi don't seem to know each other, even though she was recruited with Mako.

My only gripe in this one is that my BH and Akaavi don't seem to know each other, even though she was recruited with Mako.

I was about to mention this, i'm so happy im not the only one who noticed it! True, on Tottooine, Mako introduces the BH to Akaavi and both join the crew and the Alliance. Even if the BH is not a Mandalorian, is hard to believe he/she would forget who Akaavi is.

• Like 1

I must admit that it does not feel especially rewarding being a loyalist. We are constantly being kept out of the loop and all the interesting stuff is happening off screen. Especially for my Imps it feels more like Rivix is leading the Hand and we have like zero control (same for a Jedi who is supposed to sit on the new council).

Yes, we can constantly point it out that we are being kept out, but since we can't do anything about it, it's more frustrating than anything else. Maybe it's intentional as some kind of foreshadowing.

I just really do not hope that imperial loyalists will be betrayed by their faction in the end (because right now it feels that way) or that it is a way to make it more palatable for the player to accept Malgus usurping the throne once again (no thanks).

Some of my characters are really done with being the "Commander".

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

For visibility and accuracy, I moved this thread to the "Bug Reports" section of the forum.

Our team is currently looking into the issues reported in the Whispers in the Force briefing:

• The mention of the Alliance, even if it doesn't exist anymore.
  • The fact that non-Smuggler characters act as they never met Akaavi, even if they have.

I've also added those to the Game Update 6.3.2 - Known Issues list.

Hi folks,

For visibility and accuracy, I moved this thread to the "Bug Reports" section of the forum.

Our team is currently looking into the issues reported in the Whispers in the Force briefing:

• The mention of the Alliance, even if it doesn't exist anymore.
  • The fact that non-Smuggler characters act as they never met Akaavi, even if they have.

I've also added those to the Game Update 6.3.2 - Known Issues list.

/cheers

Oh wow, so it was a bug! :eek:

I actually wasn't expecting that.

My Consular also said "If there is any way the Alliance can help their search, let's do it. Troops, credits, researchers, whatever Task Force Nova needs, it's theirs." And she definitely had the Alliance become part of the Republic and rejoined the Jedi Council after Onslaught.

:(

Edited by OldVengeance

Yeah, I know the feeling. But it's probably not going to be reset. I don't think they do that.

Hi,

I had a romance with my slinger and Akaavi, but now she acts like stranger to me. In the notes about companions there is not a word about this romance. Did the developers forget about this romance completely?

Jeez, that' would be even worse than the Bounty Hunter not knowing her. I did see the Smuggler reacting to her differently than everyone else, but I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a romance.

I would like to point out that my Smuggler who has reunited with Akaavi (and resumed romance) has her twice in his Companions & Contacts list. One is the old bug where they are under "Unavailable Companions" and it says they "... dropped out of contact while you were frozen in carbonite." And she is at the influence rank she was at when I started KotFE. The other is the rank 50 influence companion and the note only says "You have recruited Akaavi Spar to your Alliance." with no other notes about resuming romance or sending her off to the mission.

Is her being unavailable supposed to happen? If so, that's really cool. It's immersive. However, the lack of other notes aren't.

Well so far there has been no difference whatsoever since Onslaught whether we rejoined our faction or not... I really hope that won't be the case in LotS... But yes, it's been very disappointing.

That being said, I appreciate all the small options we get with all those small scenes... Working with Zenith, not working with Zenith, sending Akaavi, not sending Akaavi, sending Arcann, not sending Arcann... The small chat differences depending on your class, the new interactions with old companions.

my toon was married to AKAAVI for over 5 years, not anymore though.

Well, I tested it, and that's definitely a no. I probably should have expected that it was too soon to have a fix.

didn't it take them about a month to acknowledge the RISHI glitch for GS and a couple more to fix it? hell i'm STILL waiting for the MEK-SHA quest mysterious stranger to be fixed for the imp side.

IMO this should have top priority since as a story-driven MMO this is pretty much gamebreaking.

It is bad enough to see Theron everytime regardless of the fate you chose for him. But this bug is too much for me. Ive got 2 dozen characters waiting to do this 'quest' and it will stay that way until its fixed.