Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The “Best View In SWTOR” Contest

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The “Best View In SWTOR” Contest
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed
09.21.2021 , 10:51 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone!

In honor of our upcoming 10-year anniversary, today we announced an exciting contest and we would love to see all of you participate in it. For the next two weeks players will be able to submit screenshots of ten specific planets and one submission per planet will then get turned into an in-game Stronghold portrait decoration that'll be available on the 10-year anniversary vendor. The people that submitted the chosen screenshots will also receive something special - a gilded version of the decoration that their screenshot was turned into, which only they will receive.

A full breakdown on the submission criteria can be found in this article.

Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

turbomagnus
09.21.2021 , 10:57 AM | #2
I actually have a clarification question about one of the requirements.

"No Player characters allowed in screenshot."

I've never taken screenshots in SWTOR before, so I'm not entirely certain how they work, meaning this question might be academic; does that rule include the screenshot-taking player's own character or simply Player Characters belonging to players not themselves?

RikuvonDrake
09.21.2021 , 11:11 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
I actually have a clarification question about one of the requirements.

"No Player characters allowed in screenshot."

I've never taken screenshots in SWTOR before, so I'm not entirely certain how they work, meaning this question might be academic; does that rule include the screenshot-taking player's own character or simply Player Characters belonging to players not themselves?
just zoom in enough so your player character isn't visible, easy

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

FlameYOL
09.21.2021 , 11:19 AM | #4
Well I'd love to join but apparently Brazil isn't on the list of countries that can participate in this, a real shame. Good luck to the rest of you that try it out though, I hope to see many pretty screenshots as a result of this contest
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

DanielSteed
09.21.2021 , 11:28 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
Happy to answer questions! Neither your own character or other player characters can be within the screenshot.

Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Sarova
09.21.2021 , 01:06 PM | #6
I just discovered I did not have my graphics set to "ultra" the difference is amazing!
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as a permanent companion & romance please!
And more Quinn content is always welcome

My Rishi

xordevoreaux
09.21.2021 , 01:14 PM | #7
How funny this contest should happen now, I was going to take screenshots of landscapes to use as Sims4 paintings. Double duty!
About my SWTOR guilds
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

Nemurytorul
09.21.2021 , 01:14 PM | #8
[QUOTE=Hey everyone!

In honor of our upcoming 10-year anniversary, today we announced an exciting contest and we would love to see all of you participate in it. For the next two weeks players will be able to submit screenshots of ten specific planets and one submission per planet will then get turned into an in-game Stronghold portrait decoration that'll be available on the 10-year anniversary vendor. The people that submitted the chosen screenshots will also receive something special - a gilded version of the decoration that their screenshot was turned into, which only they will receive.

A full breakdown on the submission criteria can be found in this article.[/QUOTE]

Hello,
How come i cant be eligible for this contest ? Im from Romania and i dont see my country in :
" 1. Eligibility. To enter the The Best View in SWTOR (“Contest”):

You must be a legal resident of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Ukraine, United Kingdom, or the United States (including the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico)."

I play this game from the beggining and now it seems im not eligible to be part of this ! Really ?

LordCamTheGreat
09.21.2021 , 01:43 PM | #9
Looking through the requirements and it would be nice if this part could be clarified:

"Image Size: 1920x1080
The team will crop the chosen screenshots to a 4:3 format."

Since I use an ultrawide, my native resolution is a lot higher than this. Does this mean that to participate I would need to:
  1. Temporarily restrict my in game resolution to 1920x1080,
  2. Take 3440x1440 screenshots (my native resolution) and send those in for the SWTOR team to crop themselves,
  3. Take 3440x1440 screenshots and crop myself before sending to the specified email.

I love taking landscape shots whenever I find a pretty view, so hopefully having a larger screen doesn't prevent those of us with higher resolutions from participating!
Jack of all classes, master of some. Always remember that cake is a lie.

xordevoreaux
09.21.2021 , 02:45 PM | #10
I just want to know what causes the screenshot functionality to fail. I took dozens of shots of Zakuul, all good. I travel to Mek-Sha, get the perfect shot lined up, and... nothing. No screen shots.
Camping to character select and coming back didn't fix it.

I'll try quitting SWTOR and going back into it again but this for the birds.

Edit: Quitting the game and coming back fixed it. Haven't tried to travel again to see what happens.
Tedious.

Edit: Alderaan. Same problem. Had to quit the game for screenshot functionality to return after traveling to Alderaan.
About my SWTOR guilds
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.