Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Scaling Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ImNotASWFanboy
09.16.2021 , 03:38 AM | #11
Similar to everyone else's comments, only place where I could get scaling to work was in story mode flashpoints.

I would say from my initial experiences of 3 runs last night that I felt powerful even when scaled down to the appropriate level, but it's a little harder to gauge because the enemies in some of those flashpoints are weaker or less dense than in the veteran / master mode versions. I imagine it will feel broadly the same to how level scaling currently feels on live at level 75.

Were there things that you tweaked in this iteration like damage multipliers or anything? I don't have much of a frame of reference currently, from memory I was able to steamroll through story mode flashpoints previously anyway. Maybe I feel slightly more powerful now but that could also be a result of the new passives giving additional burst.

I still managed to die once, so I suppose that's a good sign that you can't completely switch off and not pay attention to your health in these modes at level 80.

Requires more testing and/or a fix for planets to scale accordingly, but I'm not put off by my initial experiences.

Elssha
09.16.2021 , 06:06 AM | #12
Could you please make a few FP vet/master scaled?
That way we can actually gauge vs live.
  • Hammer Station (everyone's done it)
  • Lost Island or Battle of Rishi
  • Umbara or Copero or Nathema
  • Enclave, Vengence or Meridian
SM really isn't a good place to check.
Also, at least a couple planets;
  • Corusant/DK
  • Tattoine Alderaan or Quesh
  • Corellia
  • Oricon or CZ-198
  • Yavin 4
  • Mek-Sha or Onderon
This would give us a better cross-section from early to late game, while making it faster than you scaling everything.
Beyond that, does this mean you're going to make phased bosses more representative of original difficulty? Many are a sad joke ATM and it'd be nice if the phased areas 'fixed' that into a more meaningful experience (+/- difficulty options).

JackieKo
09.16.2021 , 09:02 AM | #13 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi all,

Appreciate the feedback here. I've passed it along to the team, so they can review and investigate what's going on with game scaling.

Jackie
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Darthjantom
09.17.2021 , 04:46 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
Hi all, Appreciate the feedback here. I've passed it along to the team, so they can review and investigate what's going on with game scaling.
Jackie
No scaling on Voss either, (with a character copied from live then upped to 80 at droid on fleet).
Here is a video of me killing Nightmare Pilgrim Voss world boss solo on PTS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a69p...el=%2FJawaFace

DiegoOnasi
09.17.2021 , 09:06 PM | #15
I found the 328 gear vendor, found the appropriate gear for my spec and equipped it. But there's a slight problem. Because I cant swap around mods etc... the stats are nothing like what i would be using on the live server. So it's really hard to comment on the scalling. Also because i didnt copy a character and dont have access to a ship my mobility is limited. It might be an idea to grant access to the class ship upon using the droid on the fleet to level up so that we are able to travel and play the game how we would normally so we can have a better basis for an accurate comparison.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Hurby
09.24.2021 , 10:09 AM | #16
I was doing the corellia daily 2+ heroics the wookie one and the Gold wookies were getting one shotted with Maul from stealth so then I just used sabre strike and they went down with 2 hits with a lvl 50 Nico helping as heals.

I have to admit it was kind of fun at 1st but... maybe a little too powerful I don't think I heard Niko say "Look at me... Helping!" once.

Ekyam_Drakon
09.24.2021 , 07:26 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
With game scaling now available, we would like to compile feedback based off of your experience with the Combat Styles currently available.
> It was so awesome! My squishy lightning sorcerer managed to kill "The First" without losing a singhe hp; "Snowblind" losing 12%hp; "Lucky" losing 60%! With no comps or tacticals...
It was fun getting revenge on those wbs by myself; which reminds me, I gotta go get "Trapjaw" for the time I naively clicked a blue thing in the desert not knowing what would happen.
I don't think this is as intended.

_Stroganoff_
09.26.2021 , 09:35 PM | #18
I have not tested anything on the PTS but I just have a question: (From a PVE perspective) What's the point of increasing max level to 80 & gear to whatever its going to be when 99% of endgame content scales your stats/level down to level 70 anyway? Makes gearing, leveling, etc. almost completely and utterly pointless. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE cut this level scaling out of endgame content. Let us enjoy and use the gear & stats we work hard to get in more than just 1 or 2 ops/flashpoints. I understand level scaling on planets, but this should not happen in Ops / MM flashpoints / etc.

Alanconi
09.29.2021 , 05:48 PM | #19
Similar to other comments for planet scaling EG not working (solo'd Nightmare Pligrim for funizes). Did a story mode Red Reaper FP scaling seems ok for the most part but with the god bot lvl and a lvl 50 healer companion it was about the same as the live servers, except for boss fights. Bosses died within seconds 3-4 GCDs or so to my lvl 80 concentration sent w/ 328 gear felt like it was related to auto crit abilities (raging burst) as going off the floating damage numbers they would have been enough to 1 shot my character.

FlameYOL
10.08.2021 , 08:27 PM | #20
Having tested it on a few heroics I can say that lower level planets seem to be fine, I might need to pop up a DCD here and there for later planets. As far as SM FPs, they still feel pretty easy got through Nathema conspiracy without any issues.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything