Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unidentified gear drops in FP after gear distribution changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Unidentified gear drops in FP after gear distribution changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

IceSavage
09.01.2021 , 08:19 AM | #1
This happened twice yesterday, I looted gear from a boss and the item while usually should have mods on it, was green and looked empty. In the mod slots then mod names were called Unidentified, and not "Open" like how usually empty cosmetic items are. I could also dissassemble them and they gave me level 1 crafting mats, though if you pull the armor or Hilt/barrel mod off of items you cant dissassemble them. The character is ilevel 306.

SeKaNoBaka
09.03.2021 , 06:25 AM | #2
My 75 lvl 306 geared operative got knife with all slots set as [Unidentified] from Malgus in False Emperor Vet.mode FP via Group Finder.
This one knife
In group were two 75 lvl toons, one 50+ and one 60+

Also noticed that from some other run got rifle with blue 275 lvl mods - which seems not intended drop for 306 iRate

CommunityTeam
09.03.2021 , 08:12 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting the bug about the gear with the unidentified mods and slots.

I've transferred the information to our team for additional verification. For visibility, I'll add this bug to the Game Update 6.3.2 - Known Issues list.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Char_Ell
09.03.2021 , 07:38 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SeKaNoBaka View Post
My 75 lvl 306 geared operative got knife with all slots set as [Unidentified] from Malgus in False Emperor Vet.mode FP via Group Finder.
This one knife
In group were two 75 lvl toons, one 50+ and one 60+

Also noticed that from some other run got rifle with blue 275 lvl mods - which seems not intended drop for 306 iRate
Also on an item rating 306 lethality operative in Czerka Core Meltdown veteran FP.

Enhanced Duneclaw dropped two Onderonian Targeter's vibroknives, both with unidentified barrel, mod, and enhancement.

Enhanced Vrblther dropped an Onderonian Targeter's Blaster Rifle with unidentified barrel, mod, and enhancement.

Normal drops from final boss The Vigilant.
Quote:
"RP'ing is super important, right? As a Star Wars game, people being able to immerse themselves in that world is very, very important. But having an instance or a server type dedicated to that doesn't necessarily like enforce a ruleset of you having to RP there. So what we felt was more important was making sure that we can build toolsets for RP'ers, things like being able to make your own chat channels and work within those chat channels and things like that. So know that it's very important to us that RP'ers have the tools they need to roleplay but we didn't feel that actually separating an instance type just for it was necessarily the right solution. So you're not at all forgotten. We definitely want to make sure that RP'ers are accounted for in those changes that we made."
Eric Musco, 2016 April 5 SWTOR Producer Livestream
https://www.twitch.tv/swtor/v/58826060 - time reference 13:22 - 13:57

Char_Ell
09.04.2021 , 05:31 PM | #5
And again today on a Jedi Guardian tank in veteran Maelstrom Prison FP. Two pieces of gear with unidentified armoring/hilt, mod, and enhancement (for the lightsaber) dropped, a Sha'tek Belt and Onderonian Bulwark's Lightsaber.
Quote:
"RP'ing is super important, right? As a Star Wars game, people being able to immerse themselves in that world is very, very important. But having an instance or a server type dedicated to that doesn't necessarily like enforce a ruleset of you having to RP there. So what we felt was more important was making sure that we can build toolsets for RP'ers, things like being able to make your own chat channels and work within those chat channels and things like that. So know that it's very important to us that RP'ers have the tools they need to roleplay but we didn't feel that actually separating an instance type just for it was necessarily the right solution. So you're not at all forgotten. We definitely want to make sure that RP'ers are accounted for in those changes that we made."
Eric Musco, 2016 April 5 SWTOR Producer Livestream
https://www.twitch.tv/swtor/v/58826060 - time reference 13:22 - 13:57

Sareeph
10.03.2021 , 12:31 PM | #6
Issue still happening. Just finished a Dread Palace and notice that two pieces of gear have unidentified mods in them. Any updates on this issue?

Loganloy
10.05.2021 , 02:55 PM | #7
I just received two item drops after doing Veteran Athiss FP. Both were green Onderonian Force-Lord's Focus with Unidentified stats and no mods in the slots. This situation with Unidentified items has happened to at least three other characters over the past couple of weeks. I tried equipping them, yet they didn't reveal anything. I will assume this is a bug introduced with the last patch. Plus, I noticed the gathering node bug is still happening.

Saeten
10.06.2021 , 04:26 PM | #8
Yep, still happening. Albeit, less frequently.
RIP referral code
If you ain't laughing, you ain't living - Carlos Mencia

RaNciDza
10.12.2021 , 04:09 AM | #9
I just received 6 items with "Unidentified" mods on them from Veteran The Battle of Ilum and Veteran The False Emperor. The items were armor and weapons. This sucks as I am trying to gear but this gear is absolutely useless which I didn't expect from boss drops.

I did raise a bug ticket in game but the reply I got was:
Quote:
Thank you for your response, I have got everything checked and after discussing with my team I would like to inform we tried reproducing the issue and can see its working as intended on the account. in case if you got the same issue in the future then leave the mods in its item it will get fixed.

RaNciDza
10.19.2021 , 06:53 AM | #10
If any of the team still follow this thread, I may have a solution for this problem - in theory.

So far, this issue has occurred a total of 9 times, but only on my level 75 characters. Therefore, I assume this only occurs on max level characters, and if that is the case, then an easy solution would be to put these items into the character's renown stash which would cause the extraction of these items to re-roll the "unidentified" slots (probably the re-execution of the method in code that does this).

The only challenge to this would be if the meta-data on the items records the characters that it dropped for, otherwise you would need to pick the most recent renown character to re-insert the item into the stash.

Hope this helps you.