so umm, where are all the missing 'hooks' ...???

Nee-Elder

We will be taking the servers offline on August 31, 2021, to deploy Game Update 6.3.2.

Increased the numbers of available hooks in both Republic and Imperial Guild Flagships

I login today after the patch to find both my guild Flagships with HALF the 'prestige' i had before AND now also at *50% completion* ( they've both been at 100% DONE for years) , but i don't see any new floors nor new rooms to unlock ...

Where the heck did BioWare add a whopping 900 new 'hooks' then?

Who the heck asked for this change again?

And am i to understand that now i have to not only waste time decorating 2 Flagships i've already finished years ago (and were perfectly deco'd) but also i have to now re-arrange EVERY room (that was already designed perfectly) trying to figure out where 800 new hooks are?!

Why wouldn't BioWare add NEW rooms/floors to accomodate the 800 new hooks?!?!?!

Someone please enlighten me, since i'm just a confused beta-tester from 2011 still baffled by certain decisions. :confused:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Why? ugh

I could labor to link for you all of the threads in which such was requested, but rest assured plenty of people asked for more hooks on flagships (and elsewhere as well, like strongholds and class story startships, etc.).

Edited by xordevoreaux

I could labor to link for you all of the threads in which such was requested, but rest assured plenty of people asked for more hooks on flagships (and elsewhere as well, like strongholds and class story startships, etc.).

I decided to umm "laber" ever so hard and link THIS to you instead---> https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=951267

THAT ^ is what, imo , BioWare could've satisfied instead. (in addition to unlocking us more rooms & floors to accomodate for the whopping 900 new hooks )

Oh and you didn't answer my OP title either btw. :cool:

There have been a lot of people that have requested new hooks to the guild strongholds and it you are basing it on the forums that is not always the best place. I know for a fact my guild has requested more hooks to the guild ship. A lot of ask on game about it and there was a combination of forums that requested the hooks.

Sure, it would be nice if they would have added more rooms but they didn't do that with Manaan or Tatooine when they added more hooks, they just added the hooks and no more rooms and people have requested more rooms for Manaan since it was released so I figured this was how they were going to do it when they added more hooks to the guild ship.

Yes, you may have to redecorate but we had to do that in the past as well so nothing new. I am glad they added more hooks to the guild ship, so what if I have to redecorate and that is okay that way I can do something different.

I login today after the patch to find both my guild Flagships with HALF the 'prestige' i had before AND now also at *50% completion* ( they've both been at 100% DONE for years) , but i don't see any new floors nor new rooms to unlock ...

Where the heck did BioWare add a whopping 900 new 'hooks' then?

And am i to understand that now i have to not only waste time decorating 2 Flagships i've already finished years ago (and were perfectly deco'd) but also i have to now re-arrange EVERY room (that was already designed perfectly) trying to figure out where 800 new hooks are?!

Why wouldn't BioWare add NEW rooms/floors to accomodate the 800 new hooks?!?!?!

Someone please enlighten me, since i'm just a confused beta-tester from 2011 still baffled by certain decisions. :confused:

They never stated they were adding hooks, just increasing the number of hooks available for decorations. Currently the flagships can be fully decorated and because of the limit many rooms are very bare. This has been requested for quite some time. The extra hooks will allow most of us to fully decorate as we desire.

And no one is forcing you to redecorate your ship just because they made more hooks available

Me and my entire guild of 40 people.

Cool , well me & my 2 guilds of over 150 people didn't ask for it.

But somehow magically u guys got your wish but we didn't.

Go figure.

because of the limit many rooms are very bare.

Speak for yourself.

Both of my/our Flagships are completely robust , EVERY single room , and praised by 100's of visitors on Star Forge server over the past few years.

Just admit it: BioWare was lazy in this particular case. Doesn't mean they are terrible programmers or bad humans or any other exagerration certain people like to extrapolate from supposed "screaming complaint" posts like mine.

But it does mean their effort, in this particular case, was lazy & unsatisfactory. ( in my opinion blab blah blah)

And no one is forcing you to redecorate your ship just because they made more hooks available

ahhh lol the ole "no one is forcing you to _____ just because BioWare did X" trope argument , eh?

Don't you people have any new material?

I hate this specific change. You people don't.

In other news: SWTOR is a video game. :rolleyes:

Edited by Nee-Elder
it's a dumb lazy change , imo ... Do better next time. That's all.

Cool , well me & my 2 guilds of over 150 people didn't ask for it.

But somehow magically u guys got your wish but we didn't.

Go figure.

Speak for yourself.

Both of my/our Flagships are completely robust , EVERY single room , and praised by 100's of visitors on Star Forge server over the past few years.

Just admit it: BioWare was lazy in this particular case. Doesn't mean they are terrible programmers or bad humans or any other exagerration certain people like to extrapolate from supposed "screaming complaint" posts like mine.

But it does mean their effort, in this particular case, was lazy & unsatisfactory. ( in my opinion blab blah blah)

ahhh lol the ole "no one is forcing you to _____ just because BioWare did X" trope argument , eh?

Don't you people have any new material?

I hate this specific change. You people don't.

In other news: SWTOR is a video game. :rolleyes:

lol its not magic. there have been hundreds of people requesting this change for years. sorry if you feel you were left out since they didn't make more rooms for you. But with how smaller guilds already struggle to fully unlock a GS, this would further impact them negatively.

and its not a trope, you are not forced to do change up your SH. If you are so concerned about completion percentage and prestige that is on you, despite it honestly not meaning anything especially since its a video game. you can keep you SH how it is with all your admirers and go play content you want to

there have been hundreds of people requesting this change for years.

And yet still, after 7+ hours, the only person to provide an actual thread proving their case is ME.

you are not forced to do change up your flagships

And you are not being forced to keep replying to my posts, yet you still are.

See how that works? ;)

. you can keep you SH how it is with all your admirers and go play content you want to

Thanks for the umm "tip". Now here's 1 for you: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9967960#post9967960

Edited by Nee-Elder

And yet still, after 7+ hours, the only person to provide an actual thread proving their case is ME.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=966896

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=964204

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=953286

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=976833 (under the "Flagship Hooks" section)

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=977223

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=966124

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=905724

I don't care to find more, you can do a search if that's not enough evidence for you. As somebody who doesn't really care either way on this, I've definitely seen this requested constantly over the years. So, I think it is fair to say plenty of people have asked for it.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=966896

http:// snip x 6

I don't care to find more,

. So, I think it is fair to say plenty of people have asked for it.

First off, respect for going to the "effort" and linking actual threads.:ph_good_post:

Secondly, isn't it also fair to say there are plenty of people (in my guilds and others i've spoken/ranted with about this today) that DIDN'T ask for it (nor want it) ?

Couldn't BioWare had put a bit more thought into the change and ohhh i dunno given GM's the option to increase hooks or not ... or heck, make it a silly Cartel Market unlock ( 1000 coins = 100 new hooks! )

If the OP's flagship is decorated perfectly, why is he or she complaining about an increased deco limit? Nothing is gained by maxing out the decos.

uhhh, i know it's "controversial" these days to state one's gender, but i'm a HE lol

Anyways... "nothing is gained" huh? Then why did BioWare code in a 'prestige' stat? And why did BioWare code in a 'completion bar' ?

hint: It looks stupid to have 9 strongholds all at 100% green DONE ( like i do) , as well as 2 Rishi HQ's (guild assigned) also at green DONE , but then now today our 2 Flagships show as "50%" incomplete.

Surely even the most casual player can understand this, no?

Or are you people just being flippant & cavalier about this cuz you know it might make me post more and eventually get banned from the forums? :D

Edited by Nee-Elder

uhhh, i know it's "controversial" these days to state one's gender, but i'm a HE lol

Anyways... "nothing is gained" huh? Then why is there a 'prestige' stat? And why is there a 'completion bar' ?

hint: It looks stupid to have 9 strongholds all at 100% green DONE ( like i do) , as well as 2 Rishi HQ's (guild assigned) also at green DONE , but then now today our 2 Flagships show as "50%" incomplete.

Surely even the most casual player can understand this, no?

Or are you people just being flippant & cavalier about this cuz you know it might make me post more and eventually get banned from the forums? :D

I don't care what gender a person is, I just refuse to call a singular (he or she) a plural (they).

Prestige is real I guess. What does prestige get us exactly? Do you go searching the SH directory to see who has prestige and who doesn't?

The "completion percentage" used to matter for personal SHs in order to get conquest bonus. Now, it just shows you how close you are to the max deco limit. Maybe they just need to relabel it "Hook percentage remaining" instead of "completion" since completion no longer serves a purpose at all. I just don't see this as a matter worthy of complaint. If your guild somehow lost an applied bonus as a result of the change, that would be a meaningful concern. But neither your guild nor your guild flagship has changed in any way unless you decide to change it yourself. Before, you didn't have the option, now you do.

Edited by BRKMSN

Do you go searching the SH directory to see who has prestige and who doesn't?

Yes. Tons of other players do as well. Top search is for a 'contraband slot machine' and next top search is for 'prestige' high + 100% completion listing.

I just don't see this as a matter worthy of complaint.

And yet i do.

Alas, here endeth our interaction then , since you'll never share my (and others' ) point-of-view.

You like the change. I don't. Period. Thanks for posting though.

Secondly, isn't it also fair to say there are plenty of people (in my guilds and others i've spoken/ranted with about this today) that DIDN'T ask for it (nor want it) ?

Couldn't BioWare had put a bit more thought into the change and ohhh i dunno given GM's the option to increase hooks or not ... or heck, make it a silly Cartel Market unlock ( 1000 coins = 100 new hooks! )

Not to sound rude or anything (unlike you in this thread, I might add), but didn't you and your guildmates have literal years to speak up and say that you didn't want this change?

If hundreds of people keep asking for something without any opposition, then Bioware might consider implementing it.

Not to sound rude or anything (unlike you in this thread, I might add),

Wait, did you just call me "rude" in a forum thread?

oh my oh my whatever will i do now?!?!

I guess i'll go re-think my complaints because 'OddballEasyEight' (who has a checkered post-history themself) on the SWTOR forums just showed me the way! :ph_lol:

Edited by Nee-Elder

Consider this from a logical money making perspective.

Bioware see some people asking for more hooks to hang decorations on.

Bioware make real money from people buying decorations

Question : Who is Bioware going to listen too the most? Those who want more hooks or those that don’t want more hooks?

Answer : those they can monetise off = players asking for more hooks.

When you look at it this way, it’s understandable why Bioware did this.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Question : Who is Bioware going to listen too the most?

You're really smart. Thanks so much for the lesson.

or those that don’t want more hooks?

I'm fine with more hooks , as long as it isn't implemented in a lazy random overboard manner. (900 more hooks 4 years later after the fact, but ZERO more rooms/floors unlocked?! Really BioWare?! sheesh )

But anyways, i guess hell has frozen over, since lol Trixxie lecturing others about BioWare complaints. :eek:

Edited by Nee-Elder

Question : Who is Bioware going to listen too the most? Those who want more hooks or those that don’t want more hooks?

Practical advice Trixxie, but you may be wasting your breath with the OP. Instead of just moving on, he/she seems to be the type to keep complaining about it because he/she didn't like the changes because they may have to redecorate. I take it as a challenge to redo the flagship with some new decorations that came out but that is me. But again practical advice.

, he/she seems to be the type to keep complaining about it because he/she didn't like the changes . .

LOL the new trendy passive-aggressive forum method: Feigned gender vague'ness referencing :rolleyes:

So transparent & petty , but not surprising considering certain posters and their post-history.

p.s. I've already finished decorating back to 100% since my last umm "complaint" , so yeah i guess i'm also the type who moves on and accepts the umm "challenge" ? :eek:

Can't wait to see the next feeble flame attempt ... :ph_lol:

I'm fine with more hooks , as long as it isn't implemented in a lazy random overboard manner. (900 more hooks 4 years later after the fact, but ZERO more rooms/floors unlocked?! Really BioWare?! sheesh )

The limits on number of SHs, Hooks, NPC decos, etc... have always been based on game performance. As the gaming population decreased, the number of player SHs allowed has increased. The changes to conquest bonus (now only requiring room unlocks instead of max decos has kept people from spamming their SHs with garbage for bonus-sake. That has relieved a lot of stress that SHs had on game performance in the past. The decision to double the flagship decos was made based on the knowledge that the previous limit was not stressing the game at this time. With almost weekly requests for an increase by players, they decided now was the time to give people more options.

It sounds like you capitulated and already made your Flagship even MORE BETTER than it was before. So I guess this thread is moot.