Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If you have a favorite SWTOR Story Cutscene then come over here and post...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
If you have a favorite SWTOR Story Cutscene then come over here and post...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

eabevella
07.25.2021 , 11:05 AM | #11
  • The very moment when the Agent shoot the Final Boss right between the eyes before they could reveal their secret.
    Love that cruel moment of revenge. Not because of the execution, but because how important that secret is and how that is the only thing that can hurt the Final Boss.
  • That awkward yet cute Theron marriage proposal scene.
    After the emotional roller coaster, this is just awwwww. The performance is 100/10

Honorable mention:
"I'm not cute, I'm deadly!" Male SI said it the best.
Last moment of Darth Silthar. I feel sentimental about that scene because he seemed to care about his team.

Rakkis
07.25.2021 , 03:53 PM | #12
I mean there's so many memorable moments in this game. The yawn replies are some of my favorite lines in the game. Gut-bustingly funny the VA really delivered.

Kass
07.27.2021 , 10:59 AM | #13
Getting a Flirt Option with Malgus during Onslaught - yeah I wasn't passing that up.

Kinda sad that looks like an unrequited track to no where between my female PC and Malgus... oh well.
Kass'yan
KTD - Republic Commando - "We're coming... and we're bringing Guns..."
"All Mods have been alerted to your presence, sir!" *
S0-B1 aw350m3n355 @ b31ng a Tr011 ha5 b33n c0mpr0m15ed. Mu5t f1nd 3as13r markz

Goreshaga
07.27.2021 , 12:09 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kass View Post
Getting a Flirt Option with Malgus during Onslaught - yeah I wasn't passing that up.

Kinda sad that looks like an unrequited track to no where between my female PC and Malgus... oh well.
Considering what happened to his last lover, maybe your character is lucky he doesn't reciprocate.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

TevosisHot
07.27.2021 , 01:23 PM | #15
Lost Island last boss if you skip his dialogue does the most bizarre flailing around while still trying to deliver a dramatic speech, it's hilarious.

AshleyRuhl
07.27.2021 , 04:47 PM | #16 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
This is a delight to read, thank you everyone bringing their favorite cutscene moments to the thread! So many cinematic designers have put their signature on this game over the years, and I'll be sure to share this with all of our designers new and old. I'm so pumped for y'all to see what our cinematic team is making next!

Ashley Ruhl | Lead Cinematic Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Kass
07.28.2021 , 04:19 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AshleyRuhl View Post
This is a delight to read, thank you everyone bringing their favorite cutscene moments to the thread! So many cinematic designers have put their signature on this game over the years, and I'll be sure to share this with all of our designers new and old. I'm so pumped for y'all to see what our cinematic team is making next!
Thanks for swinging by Ashley!

No idea how long this thread will last, but as they say... where's there smoke there's fire, I'm certain there are so many people that never look at or post on the forums that would agree - new or old cinematic designers - we all have that one moment where the Cut Scene just clinches the immersive experience, and locks in that emotional connection with our character.

This here: https://imgur.com/a/Z3Db937 is my Main, that the Cinematic Team and Story Team, Voice Acting (hell I wish I knew all the departments but just have to settle with BIOWARE) just nailed the Sith Inquisitor Class.

Coming from Star Wars Galaxies as a Master Commando in that game, I started on the forums and then joined the live game when it launched (sadly wasn't chosen for Beta Testing). My first character was a Trooper, but the moment I decided, hey making a Darth Talon character would be fun and Force Lightning is always Cool... Dual Sabers FTW! Became a immersive journey and a favorite character. (Of which I've invested way way more money into than I would ever care to admit)

And the clinch for all of it for me, was the Cinematics - that interactive movie that just sucks you right into the moment.

So thank you, each and everyone - and hopefully more people will be inspired to post their own favorite cut scene experience and boost the dev teams moral if its ever waning.

Cheers
Kass'yan
KTD - Republic Commando - "We're coming... and we're bringing Guns..."
"All Mods have been alerted to your presence, sir!" *
S0-B1 aw350m3n355 @ b31ng a Tr011 ha5 b33n c0mpr0m15ed. Mu5t f1nd 3as13r markz

OlBuzzard
07.28.2021 , 04:51 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AshleyRuhl View Post
Cool !! Thanks for stopping by !! I'm looking forward to it !!
I sense a disturbance in the force ....
What was ... is no longer
"Tear down this wall"

Xo-Lara
07.29.2021 , 12:27 AM | #19
There are a lot but a few of the standout ones, even now, are

Spoiler

Along that same line,

Spoiler

Another one that is sad but a good one was

Spoiler

Another emotionally resonant scene was

Spoiler

To toss in older cutscenes that I liked.

Spoiler

Here's my thoughts about Bowdaar's alliance alert that I actually put in a thread at the time I did it. I love interacting in cute and fun ways with my companions. Sassing NPCs is pretty fun too.

Quote: Originally Posted by Xo-Lara View Post
Ah! It was so cute in unexpected ways. So I'm running my smuggler through the Zakuul arc since Corso has finally been brought back. I already had 10 influence with Bowdaar so I figured I might as well do the alliance alert this time. I really liked it and I especially liked the conversations with Bowdaar.

I had been avoiding it since I had no interest in the eternal championship, but I'm really glad I finally did it. Also, Ioved the dialogue options in my conversations with Bowdaar.

My favorites are:
Spoiler
On that note, the Profit and Plunder Chapter deserves a few shoutouts. Here my thoughts about my favorite parts from another thread.

Spoiler

I actually really like watching the companions interact with each other and an honorable mention goes out to Koth and HK-55 when discussing the Mynok infestation on the Gravestone. It wasn't a cutscene but that was many gallons of industrial cleaner amusingly spent.

Another cute cutscene was that one on Balmorra with Twi'lek (Neuman?) and his droid Sixer or something like that. Flirting with the guy was fun but my favorite part of that cutscene by far was the droid saying "I shouldn't even be listening to this. I'm a family friendly model!", throwing up his hands, and high tailing it out of the scene before the fade to black.

A similar one is on Alderaan when my smuggler flirts with the dispossessed nobleman Lenn Teral, something like that. Said nobleman makes some comment to the effect of not blushing like that since he was a boy after something my smuggler says and Corso fires back with "Got news for you, Slick. You're still a boy." I still laugh at that one years later. Corso doesn't get off many good burns but that one was classic and hilarious. It's also ironic considering how often Corso himself comes off as boyish.

Oh and speaking of good one-liners, Vaylin and Rass deserve mentions for recent achievements in cutscene greatness.

Spoiler

Spoiler

There are so many others and every time I say I'm gonna stop, I think of more... so I'll just arbitrarily stop here.
If you like my stronghold threads such as this and this, please consider using my referral link. It will reward us both. Or you could post your support for one of my threads.
{Ξ(Θ)!!██████████████████

ShieldProtection
07.29.2021 , 09:21 AM | #20
This is a long read so be prepared,
  1. Mine is taking down and fight the coward Jadus as female agent in class story, defeating him AND the Hunter was the most satisfying moments to me in my gaming of SWTOR.

1. I did ALL THE WAY dark side against SIS agents, left the chance to die, defeated that rogue jedi and made him piece by piece by a large turret (with epic fight music at background) and shutting the hunter up by shooting him at the head. Also sniper fire to the SIS meeting from above. (dark side my first targets dialogue option, god! I never forget that it was SO good)

1. Grabbing ***** Watcher Two as male agent romance was awesome as well, I always wished MOAR romance with her or at least some talk with the former minister, I'd LOVE to sit on a square chair with him and talk about life. Maker knows he have so much to talk about but can't.

1. Killing the kaliyo was also another good and memorable (aka awesome) moment for my female agent. She was so annoying and I was glad to kill her off in kotfe. She was sadist and self employeed a*****hole.

1. Purposing marriage to Lana Beniko was awesome as well, though I did not get much cutscene about this afterwards, not even a marriage cutscene. Kinda sad because lana is the best romance we can get in this game at least in my opinion.

1. And the leaving the theron to die in Nathema (DON'T DO THIS) I wasnt aware it was that evil so I did hit ESC and replayed the whole thing. Do NOT leave theron to die like that, it was unneeded evil and no morality. Always save and be good with Lana and Theron. The Three Cowboys yehaaaa!
I make long posts on SWTOR forums, read it or not, thank you anyway