Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Season 14 Payouts

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JackieKo's Avatar


JackieKo
07.20.2021 , 10:48 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi everyone, we've been seeing sentiment from players asking/wanting the ability to buy replica rewards with payouts from Season 14.

Wanted to confirm that players will be able to buy the replica rewards with the payouts from season 14 until the next season starts. This is for both Top 3 and bronze/silver/gold. Should that change, we will let players know.

We do not have a set date in which season 15 will begin, but there will be a decent amount of time in between so players will be able to make the purchases they want. We will, of course, be communicating when the next season starts and all relevant info when we are able.

EDIT: Added in clarifying info.
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SOULCASTER's Avatar


SOULCASTER
07.20.2021 , 10:52 AM | #2
Able to post the tiers and rewards or are they the same as S13?

Twitch.tv/Cidxgaming
Port Nowhere | Prophecy of the Five | Star Forge

septru's Avatar


septru
07.20.2021 , 11:11 AM | #3
Thanks so much Jackie. This is awesome. Thanks for listening to and responding to player feedback.

Can we get a little more clarification on which season 14 payouts you're talking about? "Season payouts" is pretty vague and broad. Usually bronze/silver/gold payouts are released much earlier than top3 payouts. Will we have time to reclaim replicas with top3 payouts as well?
-Prum

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
07.20.2021 , 11:18 AM | #4
Also, is this confirmation that rewards will be distributed at the end of the season? Because that is not how it has worked for the past several seasons. Season 13 rewards were given out at the start of season 14.

septru's Avatar


septru
07.20.2021 , 11:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Also, is this confirmation that rewards will be distributed at the end of the season? Because that is not how it has worked for the past several seasons. Season 13 rewards were given out at the start of season 14.
I think what they are insinuating is that there will be a long preseason in which rewards will be given out. Devs said 7.0 will drop in December? If s14 ended in December that would be an 8 month season which is uncharacteristic of Bioware's timetables. More likely they will end the season in September and go with a 2-3 month preseason to 7.0. Also Jackie said...

Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
We do not have a set date in which season 15 will begin, but there will be a decent amount of time in between so players will be able to make the purchases they want
which hints at the fact that the replicas are still intended to be removed with s15. it's just s15 will be delayed.
-Prum

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
07.20.2021 , 11:30 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
I think what they are insinuating is that there will be a long preseason in which rewards will be given out. Devs said 7.0 will drop in December? If s14 ended in December that would be an 8 month season which is uncharacteristic of Bioware's timetables. More likely they will end the season in September and go with a 2-3 month preseason to 7.0. Also Jackie said...
Possibly. I think it's more likely season 14 will end when 7.0 drops, followed by a several month preseason for everyone to play the expansion, get gear, etc, and for them to make whatever changes to ranked they have planned.

She is indicating that the rewards will be given out prior to season 15, but I think clarification is warranted regarding exactly when because as I said, they haven't done it that way the last several seasons.

JackieKo's Avatar


JackieKo
07.21.2021 , 08:46 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
Thanks so much Jackie. This is awesome. Thanks for listening to and responding to player feedback.

Can we get a little more clarification on which season 14 payouts you're talking about? "Season payouts" is pretty vague and broad. Usually bronze/silver/gold payouts are released much earlier than top3 payouts. Will we have time to reclaim replicas with top3 payouts as well?
Hi septru,

As of now, this would include Top 3. Should that change, we will communicate that to players. I will also update my original post with this info.
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Bird_of_Thunder's Avatar


Bird_of_Thunder
07.21.2021 , 12:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
Able to post the tiers and rewards or are they the same as S13?
Good question. I guess it's hard to know when the season ends unless we line it up with the Galactic Seasons length (which would mean September?) but it'd be helpful to know how close we are to the next tier up so we can plan effectively.
One Trick Marauder
Ebon Hawk, U.S --> Star Forge, U.S.

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
07.26.2021 , 01:37 PM | #9
Just one look at the leaderboard was enough for me to see that it was a good thing i didnt have time to participate. If its not obvious to Devs that a guy is able to get top spots with same class (both factions) easy as that then I think we are all clear here.
Merovejec

CheesyEZ's Avatar


CheesyEZ
07.26.2021 , 03:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Just one look at the leaderboard was enough for me to see that it was a good thing i didnt have time to participate. If its not obvious to Devs that a guy is able to get top spots with same class (both factions) easy as that then I think we are all clear here.
I'd be more concerned about the servers that aren't DM and SF (strictly a population thing; it's easier to manipulate ratings with the smaller populations).

edit: also, why don't the leader boards list games played? (i.e., how many losses?) it just seems like basic information on a results, standings or "leader board."