Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Guardian Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JackieKo
07.08.2021 , 09:25 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
With PTS now live, you can help test the Combat Style for the Jedi Guardian.

Please answer the following questions:
  • Does this feel like a Jedi Guardian? Please explain why or why not.
  • Is there anything that feels missing or out of place in the combat rotation?
  • What are your initial thoughts with the effectiveness of the Jedi Guardian against enemies?
  • How are you enjoying or not enjoying this class?
  • If you have feedback on the different disciplines and ability paths, please note your feedback accordingly so we can track it.
Feel free to answer in as much detail as possible to help us understand your thought process and line of thinking. Please include the specific Discipline and ability path you chose.

Thank you!
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

The_Hightower
07.09.2021 , 12:47 PM | #2
Guardian Tank either Saber Reflect (Option A) or Enure (Option B) and no Blade Blitz? Even assuming that the level 70 selection for Focus Guardian is the same for Defense, you can only have one of them at a time!

No Awe in Options A and B, i.e., another defensive CD for tanks (even without Force Bound) is gone or can only be used in case other skills are sacrificed?

This reduction of the available abilities
a) does not make the game more casual player friendly, because it makes it even more complicated for them to select the appropriate skills/passive for their class, but makes it even more probable to select the incorrect skills/passives;
b) reduces skilled players to dust, which were pre-7.0 able to use all of these skills properly;

Sorry, but w. t. f. h. is wrong with you? Or at least please let me know which drugs you are taking, because I will need them when this goes live to a minimal extent or or even to a full extent (provided that I do not quit playing the game).

DerringerKnight
07.09.2021 , 12:52 PM | #3
First impression is that you took away too many abilities. I know this is only very early and I'm guessing that some of the staples (like focus builders and saber throw) were left out until they could be fit in, but please don't do what SWG did with their NGE. They dumbed it down so much that the game just wasn't fun anymore.

I'd rather no expansion at all vs going with what appears to be a dumbed down version of the game. Are you trying to make this compatible with devices other than a PC? Also vote no for that.

Best of luck with the rest of it.

Sorry, edit to answer the questions

Please answer the following questions:

Does this feel like a Jedi Guardian? Please explain why or why not.

It was too hard to tell if if feels like guardian. I play a tank, and there were no groups to tank for.
However, the fighting was similar to my Knight experience in Live. (the abilities that I did have looked the same)

Is there anything that feels missing or out of place in the combat rotation?

It felt off, it's hard to say why, there were a lot of holes in my hotbars, that was a little distracting.

What are your initial thoughts with the effectiveness of the Jedi Guardian against enemies?

I didn't enjoy the feel of combat, likely because I'm so used to my current guardians on live

How are you enjoying or not enjoying this class?

In Live, it's my favorite, I have many Knights and Juggernauts
On Test, I am no longer looking forward to the expansion (I will of course be checking back in on later PTS iterations)

Count_Mario
07.09.2021 , 12:54 PM | #4
This feels like most of the Jedi Knight abilities were removed, but only some Guardian ones are still there? It's weird, can't say I like it. I already miss saber reflect, saber throw and whatever pubside calls Enraged defense and force scream. Or did I miss some way to get the rest of these skills back? Also why did we have force sweep AND Vigilance thrust now? Sounds like overkill. No stun break will definitely mess with PVP and some PVE content, not having disrupt is also kind of a problem.

Vigilance B tester here
So... you, me.... Take over the galaxy together, have some laughs...? Come on, what do you think?
- Smugglers flirting with Vitiate/Master Surro on Ziost

Ferrouswheel
07.09.2021 , 12:57 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
[color=#f9d648][*]Does this feel like a Jedi Guardian? Please explain why or why not.
Some of the abilities being option does feel extremely limiting to the class, but I'd want to see the full tree of options to really get a feel.

It did seem that you didn't automatically have taunt, a threat drop, or an interrupt, which would make a lot of stuff pretty much unplayable.

Quote:
[*]Is there anything that feels missing or out of place in the combat rotation?
Not super familiar with the focus rotation, so I'll pass on this one.

Quote:
[*]What are your initial thoughts with the effectiveness of the Jedi Guardian against enemies?
It did feel weaker, but I didn't have well alocated stats, which probably had something to do with it, and the ilevel 270 versus 306 makes a difference.

Quote:
[*]How are you enjoying or not enjoying this class?
Not really enjoyable, but that might just be due to the restrictions and lack of previous focus playtime.

Quote:
General Feedback
Skills are now only under Guardian, without a split to Knight as well. Not sure if intentional, but this is a nice change to finding abilities when setting up quickbars.

Force Sweep isn't replaced by Vigilant thrust when Vigilance speced, but they share a CD. Not sure if intended.

Interrupt and Threat drop appears to be missing.

Ulathar
07.09.2021 , 01:03 PM | #6
I main a guardian tank and have done that since release. My first impression is that I wonder where "all" my abilities are.

The entire "Jedi Knight" tab seems to be missing. I can't find my AoE stun, my interrupt, stun break, saber throw. I mostly play PvP and those are key abilities. To defend a turret from being taken, for example. Without them I'd be way less helpful to my team there.

If this would go to the live server, I'd probably stick to solo story content, because I wouldn't feel useful anymore. This definitely does not feel like the class I've played for almost 10 years now.

I hope you can clear this up in the coming days and tell us why those abilities aren't available right now and if this is actually intentional.

Athrulas
07.09.2021 , 01:10 PM | #7
I do not like the ability pruning. This does not feel like a "greater customization experience." It feels like I am being shoe-horned into a meta because of the ability choices.

HamadKyron
07.09.2021 , 01:14 PM | #8
Played Defense Guardian for about 4 years now. This does not feel like Defense Guardian. You took away many of our important DCDs and didn't replace them with anything. It feels like an extremely watered down and worse-to-play version of Defense Guardian, and honestly really makes me upset that the devs would even CONSIDER gutting my favorite class this badly for seemingly no reason.

Ferrouswheel
07.09.2021 , 01:15 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ulathar View Post
The entire "Jedi Knight" tab seems to be missing. I can't find my AoE stun, my interrupt, stun break, saber throw. I mostly play PvP and those are key abilities. To defend a turret from being taken, for example. Without them I'd be way less helpful to my team there.
Awe and saber throw are things you spec into, no idea about interrupts and stun breaks.

AenonJurtis
07.09.2021 , 01:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
Awe and saber throw are things you spec into, no idea about interrupts and stun breaks.
Pretty sure you need to talk to the droid twice in order to be granted all of your expected abilities.

The Mountain Goats: Zarnuro, Tentiel, Kadahl