Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bracket Changes, and What's Next

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bracket Changes, and What's Next
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

juanmiranda's Avatar


juanmiranda
06.27.2021 , 07:06 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
When your data shows you that the massive drop of PvP participants correlates with your change to only reward WINS in warzones, then I really think you should buy a round of beer for the whole forum community.

The way I see it:

A. You changed PvP rewards to WIN only.
B. Since that change you lost so many PvP players that you needed to kill a whole PvP bracket and create a huge level imbalance, just so that you can fill up the queues again.
Conclusio: Your change to WIN-only caused the OPPOSITE of what you intended. Not more players started playing PvP. More quit.

Who saw that coming?

To quote Sheldon Cooper: "Oh, I so informed you thusly".
Maybe if we had a dev team that actually played their game or PVPed we wouldn't live in a reality of endless bad decisions and zero positive ones. Maybe the development team should spend LESS time listening to the extremely vocal minority of loudmouths on the forums and just log in to their game and queue for some warzones for once. Get some feedback by actually seeing the game they are responsible for in action. Like maybe a dev should hop on a lv.13 Jugg then try to 1v1 a lv.67 Jugg.

Sappharan's Avatar


Sappharan
06.27.2021 , 07:25 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by juanmiranda View Post
Maybe if we had a dev team that actually played their game or PVPed we wouldn't live in a reality of endless bad decisions and zero positive ones. Maybe the development team should spend LESS time listening to the extremely vocal minority of loudmouths on the forums and just log in to their game and queue for some warzones for once. Get some feedback by actually seeing the game they are responsible for in action. Like maybe a dev should hop on a lv.13 Jugg then try to 1v1 a lv.67 Jugg.
They do, I think. It's just that they're not allowed to publicly acknowledge which characters are theirs'. So, we're very unlikely to know. What's more, they get their marching orders from their corporate overlords at EA. So, as much as I believe they favor operatives for some unholy reason, I also believe that they are not very much in control.

I am not apologizing for them. They need pushback against these awful ideas from within Bioware, but people are far to interested in self preservation than in boldly opposing bad policies.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.27.2021 , 10:50 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
They do, I think. It's just that they're not allowed to publicly acknowledge which characters are theirs'. So, we're very unlikely to know. What's more, they get their marching orders from their corporate overlords at EA. So, as much as I believe they favor operatives for some unholy reason, I also believe that they are not very much in control.

I am not apologizing for them. They need pushback against these awful ideas from within Bioware, but people are far to interested in self preservation than in boldly opposing bad policies.
You are right that Bioware employees arent allowed to publicly say who they are in the game. I’m sure some of them play, but certainly not the ones who do the balancing or make stupid changes to the pvp eco systems.

As for the bad decisions, someone has to sign off on those and they are ultimately responsible for stupid policies like merging lowbies and mids. But along the way, someone had to come up with that idea and surely someone at Bioware could have said how fundamentally F’ing dumb it was. It’s more than one person making the ideas and decisions, surely there is someone still at BioWare with half a brain and enough balls to call out utter dumbarsery. Merging those brackets is the dumbest thing I think they’ve ever done (and they’ve done some dumb crap over the years). It’s why I feel there maybe elements in BioWare who are trying to sabotage the game so EA will move them onto another project. Like they moved the Anthem guys back to swtor (funny that?).
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a “How to PvP Guide”

CommunityTeam's Avatar


CommunityTeam
07.05.2021 , 09:04 AM | #94 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi everyone,

Based on the feedback we received from the community, the PvP brackets were reverted back to what they were prior to 6.3. The brackets are now 1-42, 43-74, and 75. This update was implemented with 6.3.1, but was missed in the patch notes. We are updating the patch notes to reflect this change.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

CheesyEZ's Avatar


CheesyEZ
07.05.2021 , 10:06 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityTeam View Post
Hi everyone,

Based on the feedback we received from the community, the PvP brackets were reverted back to what they were prior to 6.3. The brackets are now 1-42, 43-74, and 75. This update was implemented with 6.3.1, but was missed in the patch notes. We are updating the patch notes to reflect this change.
difficult to see, the future is.

BallisticKaine's Avatar


BallisticKaine
07.05.2021 , 11:37 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityTeam View Post
Hi everyone,

Based on the feedback we received from the community, the PvP brackets were reverted back to what they were prior to 6.3. The brackets are now 1-42, 43-74, and 75. This update was implemented with 6.3.1, but was missed in the patch notes. We are updating the patch notes to reflect this change.
They just so happened to "Miss this in the patch notes"???
They wanted use to find out without saying. They didn't want to state they made a mistake with the PvP brackets and are now chalking it up to player feedback. We all know that is BS

Voroschuk's Avatar


Voroschuk
07.05.2021 , 11:46 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by BallisticKaine View Post
They just so happened to "Miss this in the patch notes"???
They wanted use to find out without saying. They didn't want to state they made a mistake with the PvP brackets and are now chalking it up to player feedback. We all know that is BS
lmao is that a big deal? Like if this is the first time they forgot to write all the update changes. What is important here is that they listened to the community and did what it was asking, so thanks for that at least, BW, hopefully, we'll see more of that in the future.

BallisticKaine's Avatar


BallisticKaine
07.05.2021 , 11:57 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post


We understand the impact that this had on our PvP community, and will be mindful of communicating changes such as consolidating the number of total queues and their intentions ahead of time before they are implemented.

-Chris

Chris what happened to this? Communicating to the players about changes? Took a week for you guys to admit that you were wrong on the PvP bracket merging? A week to say hey we missed this in the patch notes and they will be reflected now? A week of people noticing the change, posting on the forums about it, and got no reply from the DEV team? So much communication coming from the DEV team about current changes.

BallisticKaine's Avatar


BallisticKaine
07.05.2021 , 12:01 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Voroschuk View Post
lmao is that a big deal? Like if this is the first time they forgot to write all the update changes. What is important here is that they listened to the community and did what it was asking, so thanks for that at least, BW, hopefully, we'll see more of that in the future.
They didn't listen to the community. They implemented changes pre 6.3.1 that once again NO ONE asked for. Didn't communicate those changes. THEY MADE A MISTAKE WITH THE BRACKETS MERGING. THEY DECIDED TO DO THAT WITHOUT ANY INPUT FROM THE COMMUNITY. AND INSTEAD OF SAYING WE AS A DEV TEAM MADE A MISTAKE, WE ARE NOW LISTENING TO THE COMMUNITY. Do you really buy that? If so you are sadly being taken for a ride.

CheesyEZ's Avatar


CheesyEZ
07.05.2021 , 12:24 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by BallisticKaine View Post
They didn't listen to the community. They implemented changes pre 6.3.1 that once again NO ONE asked for. Didn't communicate those changes. THEY MADE A MISTAKE WITH THE BRACKETS MERGING. THEY DECIDED TO DO THAT WITHOUT ANY INPUT FROM THE COMMUNITY. AND INSTEAD OF SAYING WE AS A DEV TEAM MADE A MISTAKE, WE ARE NOW LISTENING TO THE COMMUNITY. Do you really buy that? If so you are sadly being taken for a ride.
bruh, chill.

this is as close to admitting an error as you're ever going to get. just rejoice in not having 17s in the same arenas as 71s.

we can still laugh at BW for ever thinking that was a good idea in the first place. I think even my dog rolled his eyes when I read that one aloud (granted, hes smart for a dog; he only licks his balls after he's had dinner).