Theron showing up in new story if you killed him

Pricia

Thanks for reporting Theron Shan's bug. Seems like he doesn't want to be forgotten.

So true.

Today I did the Iokath daily, "Powering Up the Weapons Factory." I started the mission with Influence 50 Nadia as my active companion, and ended it with Influence 1 Theron. I clicked the clickie, became a larcenous floating obelisk droid, became my character again, fought the angry standard droids, then fought the angry silver droids. I saw Theron after the fight, and figured he was with another player. Then I noticed Theron was tossing heals on my character. So I thought maybe another player joined in my combat. Then I noticed my active companion was now Theron, not Nadia.

I was on a level 75 Shadow I skipped all of KotFE+ on, going straight to Ossus then Onslaught. I'd never had Theron as the active companion on that Shadow. Ya'll need to give Theron something to do other than popping up unexpectedly. :D

• 3 weeks later...
So true.

Today I did the Iokath daily, "Powering Up the Weapons Factory." I started the mission with Influence 50 Nadia as my active companion, and ended it with Influence 1 Theron. I clicked the clickie, became a larcenous floating obelisk droid, became my character again, fought the angry standard droids, then fought the angry silver droids. I saw Theron after the fight, and figured he was with another player. Then I noticed Theron was tossing heals on my character. So I thought maybe another player joined in my combat. Then I noticed my active companion was now Theron, not Nadia.

I was on a level 75 Shadow I skipped all of KotFE+ on, going straight to Ossus then Onslaught. I'd never had Theron as the active companion on that Shadow. Ya'll need to give Theron something to do other than popping up unexpectedly. :D

Just literally Kill him from the SWTOR Story Bioware - then problem solved.

He literally holds zero value. I don't think I've once seen him following anyone around Vaiken Spacedock as a active companion.

But I'm biased and despise the character.

He literally holds zero value. I don't think I've once seen him following anyone around Vaiken Spacedock as a active companion.

Hm, how about NO ?

You don't like him ?

You already have the option to kill / exile him in YOUR game, and it's fairly obvious he'll probably have another option to leave on his own for DS imp siding characters at some point, there's no need to force your choice on people who actually like him and want to keep him around in THEIR game.

He may hold no value for you, but he does for others, visibly for enough people that his default state when skipping the Zildrog arc is that he's alive and still part of the Alliance, no matter if the character is imp or pub, LS or DS.

But if you want to force your choices in other poeple's game, i guess you'll pay their sub as well, right ? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Hm, how about NO ?

You don't like him ?

You already have the option to kill / exile him in YOUR game, and it's fairly obvious he'll probably have another option to leave on his own for DS imp siding characters at some point, there's no need to force your choice on people who actually like him and want to keep him around in THEIR game.

He may hold no value for you, but he does for others, visibly for enough people that his default state when skipping the Zildrog arc is that he's alive and still part of the Alliance, no matter if the character is imp or pub, LS or DS.

But if you want to force your choices in other poeple's game, i guess you'll pay their sub as well, right ? :rolleyes:

If Vette can die and not show up again, its not hard to expect the same for that cockroach Shan.

And sure I'm happy to pay for everyone - Free-to-Play for Everyone on Me! :d_tongue:

Edited by Kass

If Vette can die and not show up again, its not hard to expect the same for that cockroach Shan.

And sure I'm happy to pay for everyone - Free-to-Play for Everyone on Me! :d_tongue:

Vette is not Theron though.

She's a class companion, who was made available for every class during KOTFEET, but is only romanceable by male Warriors (so far at least) and has very few connections by herself and very little story relevance outside of the Warriors's story (made even more evident since she hasn't had any part to play since her potential death while Torian reappeared for anything Mando related).

Theron is an important character who has both a comic and a novel about him, is one of the very few companions with personal achivements on par with our PCs', who appeared for and is romanceable by everyone no matter their original faction and gender and has far more connections to the overall SWTOR universe than Vette.

His counterpart is Lana, and as long as there's no option to get her out of anyone's story, it would be extremely unfair to forcefully completely remove Theron for everyone, even the ones who want to keep him, especially pub leaning characters and the ones for whom he's pretty much the only valid romance option.

He's also by far the most popular of the male LIs so forcing him out of everyone's story is bound to piss quite a lot of people who may very well leave because of that to never come back, and i include myself there, but i know there are other people who feel the same, because i'm certainly not here to play, and even less pay for SWTOR : the Lana Beniko dating simulator.

And him appearing in that cutscene is a bug, just like him, Lana and Zenith appearing with their default look is a bug. If it bothers you that much, just wait until it's fixed (which is what i'm doing because them appearing with their default appearance is irritating to me), and you won't see him.

Only if they also kill off Lana for everyone and produce an equally appealing male romanceable companion to replace him that is always alive for everyone so there is no issue with characters showing up for the wrong players.

... male romanceable companion to replace him that is always alive for everyone so there is no issue with characters showing up for the wrong players.

Khem Val (Romance)

*(Not a troll - look it up)

And him appearing in that cutscene is a bug, just like him, Lana and Zenith appearing with their default look is a bug. If it bothers you that much, just wait until it's fixed (which is what i'm doing because them appearing with their default appearance is irritating to me), and you won't see him.

This last point is not lost on me...

But here's the thing:

As an innocent player of SWTOR Story, the very foundation and reason of why I play this game, click "Launch" have absolutely no way of knowing that I'm about to be slapped across my immersed-in-story face with a cockroach level bug.

The responsible thing would be to pull the story mission until the cockroach level bug(s) are fixed, and not victimize poor players that want to watch their interactive SWTOR movie in peace and tranquility.

So as a paying customer and Founder, I'm going to log into my forum account and blast what rightly deserves blasting... :d_mad:

But here's the thing:

As an innocent player of SWTOR Story, the very foundation and reason of why I play this game, click "Launch" have absolutely no way of knowing that I'm about to be slapped across my immersed-in-story face with a cockroach level bug.

The responsible thing would be to pull the story mission until the cockroach level bug(s) are fixed, and not victimize poor players that want to watch their interactive SWTOR movie in peace and tranquility.

So as a paying customer and Founder, I'm going to log into my forum account and blast what rightly deserves blasting... :d_mad:

Well him appearing when he should not is no more immersion breaking than Lana behaving like a creepy stalkerish obsessed girlfriend towards all my poor characters who never, ever picked a single [flirt] with her and would rather take a lava bath than ever touch her., who for some don't trust or even like her, but the game still insists that she's super special for them.

Difference is that your immersion breaking bug is a known issue that will be fixed at some point, whereas my immersion breaking "story choice on the team's part" is seemingly never going to be adressed, even though it has been pointed out for over 2 years, considering she still behaved like that in EoO. And while i'm now at a point where i'd gladly take any option that would let me get her out of my story, i'd not want it to be forced on people who like her as well without them having any option to keep her in their story..

As for "blasting what rightly deserves blasting", pointing out the bug/s, and saying that it is immersion breaking is just that, but trying to remove an important companion and LI for everyone, including the ones who actually like him all the while you already have 2 options to remove him from your own story, just because you don't like him is just behaving like a selfish individual.

Edited by Goreshaga

Khem Val (Romance)

As much as I like the Khem Val romance, he is no where close to being a substitute for Theron and doesn't meet the criteria I set forth. Khem is not alive and available for everyone. He is only available to Sith Inquisitors, and he is only available to the inquisitors who made the choice to preserve his spirit during the class story.

But here's the thing:

If they pulled every bit of story with a bug, there wouldn't be much left. For example, Ossus would need to be pulled because it can reset story flags on characters thus peminanty killing romanced companions. Since those story flags affect later content, all story post Ossus would also need to be pulled until the Ossus companion killing bugs are squashed. That bug hasn't been squashed in how many years now? Do you think it would be reasonable if I asked Bioware to pull years worth of story content because I was affected by a bug that ruined my immersion on a character?

Bioware has acknowledged your bug and it's one that is likely to be fixed in the near future. My bug, which is much more severe, has never been acknowledged and will likely never get fixed, yet I'm not advocating for the options to kill Koth and Arcann to be removed for the game, or for Bioware to pull all content from Ossus onward. :rolleyes:

If they pulled every bit of story with a bug, there wouldn't be much left.

for Bioware to pull all content from Ossus onward. :rolleyes:

Can't take you seriously when you play games with words. Bugs are code mistakes that cause a glitch, Theron Shan being present (repeatedly) when he's not supposed to be is just not doing any serious quality control. So no one was saying nothing can be put on the live server if it has 'any' bug - just the Semi-Truck sized QC hole left in a FP story might just qualify...

So cheers, but again, can't take you seriously when your responses are that ridiculous.

And Khem Val is better than Theron Shan, like how a Rock is better than a Twig.

Can't take you seriously when you play games with words. Bugs are code mistakes that cause a glitch, Theron Shan being present (repeatedly) when he's not supposed to be is just not doing any serious quality control. So no one was saying nothing can be put on the live server if it has 'any' bug - just the Semi-Truck sized QC hole left in a FP story might just qualify...

So cheers, but again, can't take you seriously when your responses are that ridiculous.

And Khem Val is better than Theron Shan, like how a Rock is better than a Twig.

I haven't played any word games. Theron showing up in a cut-scene for players who killed him is a bug. Having story flaggs get flipped and companions who should be alive, now be dead are also bugs. Both are bugs that affect immersion. Neither got caught by quality control. (Fyi, test servers and live servers are not identical. The bug bothering you might well not have been visible on the test server.) You are suggesting that Bioware yank content off of the live servers until a story bug is fixed, I am suggesting that if they do that for one story bug, they should do that for all story bugs. Both suggestions are ridiculous.

In case you forgot that that is exactly what you suggested:

Now, your proposal that Khem would be an adequate replacement for Theron, when I specifically said the replacement would need to be alive and available for everyone, is what is truly ridiculous. As I already pointed out, Khem is only available to a small fraction of characters. Never mind that he doesn't have nearly the story significance Theron has and that his romance is very niche.

• Like 1

I haven't played any word games. Theron showing up in a cut-scene for players who killed him is a bug. Having story flaggs get flipped and companions who should be alive, now be dead are also bugs. Both are bugs that affect immersion. Neither got caught by quality control. (Fyi, test servers and live servers are not identical. The bug bothering you might well not have been visible on the test server.) You are suggesting that Bioware yank content off of the live servers until a story bug is fixed, I am suggesting that if they do that for one story bug, they should do that for all story bugs. Both suggestions are ridiculous.

In case you forgot that that is exactly what you suggested:

Now, your proposal that Khem would be an adequate replacement for Theron, when I specifically said the replacement would need to be alive and available for everyone, is what is truly ridiculous. As I already pointed out, Khem is only available to a small fraction of characters. Never mind that he doesn't have nearly the story significance Theron has and that his romance is very niche.

What part of 'Cockroach' Level Bugs is lost in translation exactly? A bug that big shouldn't have ever seen live and should have been caught during the Quality Control testing they are supposed to be doing.

Or do you not agree with that statement?

But anyway... :ph_disagree:

Only if they also kill off Lana for everyone and produce an equally appealing male romanceable companion to replace him that is always alive for everyone so there is no issue with characters showing up for the wrong players.

kill off Theron and you will have a massive protest on your hands ... I agree NO NO NO

and I like Lana too --- keep her

There needs to be a solution that makes everyone happy and killing off a character permanently is not that.

I agree that these bugs can be very immersion breaking but the focus should be on resolving them and preventing them in the future.

Advocating to remove a popular character from the game for everyone is going to leave a lot of the players upset (including myself).

We should want a game that offers choice and have those choices stick. Not have it so we're all playing the same story line.

In other words, please don't take away my Theron :(

There needs to be a solution that makes everyone happy and killing off a character permanently is not that.

I agree that these bugs can be very immersion breaking but the focus should be on resolving them and preventing them in the future.

(

I agree that Bioware needs to fix there **** and stop releasing content that has massive QC issues, and then inform us they are 'looking into it'.

I mean do we even still have a volunteer bug hunting team? Or am I confused with another game I've played??

He quite literally is the most popular romanced male in the game, who beats out all others on every poll

uvrq1W0.png

Hence his continued existence, and hence why he survived better than anyone with the option, he's demanded.

Khem Val (Romance)

How out of touch do you have to be to think a flipping ugly monster substitutes Theron? How even more out of touch are you to think gay males and females only option for mainstay romances should be monsters and characters with no content. Literally, Khem has exactly one scene and his romance is a dev joke, not to be continued. That's excluding the fact, he's hideous. We get it, you find Khem to be cool, that doesn't mean females and males are supposed to be attracted to that. Learn the difference, what a straight dude finds to be cool relates to what gay men and women are attracted to in no way. You don't think of this, because you only think this game is supposed to cater to your wants, sorry sweetie but that's not the way it's going to be, as you can see from this very thread, people will fight the devs on this. So you can take several seats over there in the corner until you understand people with different ideals than you play this game too.

Why don't you romance Skadge? that's basically what you're telling us lol. Talking about serving no value. Lana has had no major character development nor a major arc since her inception. She thinks, feels and does whatever the player character wants. That is her entire character, that is her storyline, and has been for every expansion up until now. The most poorly written character in this entire game, who finds a reason to stick around without actually adding anything to the story but being a glorified quest giver, a block of wood has more development. Taking up needless screentime from our more interesting vanilla companions with only filler dialogue that any other companion could handle just as fine, is something she does do quite well though. I give her that atleast.

Edited by vallixas

No it hasn't been fixed. And saboteur gets a scene that doesn't match thje saboteur option from the earlier mission where you either choose to use Zenith or not. It goes with the let the Empire/Republic handle it option not the saboteurs option.