Maintenance: June 29, 2021

CommunityTeam

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't log in and don't patch until at least an hour passes after servers-up. Chances are there'll be another bug and you'll have to re-download the entire game again.

? Hello ?

A lot of other crap has happened over the years, like rollbacks, but completely needing to re-install the game, all 46GB, because a release, especially a minor point release like today's, introduces a new bug, hasn't happened to me in 8 years of playing the game.

Edited by xordevoreaux

? Hello ?

A lot of other crap has happened over the years, like rollbacks, but completely needing to re-install the game, all 46GB, because a release, especially a minor point release like today's, introduces a new bug, hasn't happened to me in 8 years of playing the game.

think he's be facetious because of the fake patch recently...lol

I noticed two things right off the bat (I'll post in bug forum as well).

** Lana and Theron are in "traditional dress (AKA default armor) " and not what we might have them dressed in.

** The Daily PO tracker is not working. I checked this on 3 separate characters. Even though it was DEFINATELY selected to track it would simply go away. I'm not sure about the weekly since I will never do weekly as long as it continues to reflect areas that I have no intention of messing with!

Did this update forget what characters are Saboteurs or were the turbo lasers

still supposed to be half destroyed even if you took the Imp Saboteur option to have the whole thing ignored and considered a waste of time to deal with?

Oh, Chris Schmidt commented on that in the Theorycrafters Discord some time ago. It is 04:00 so I can not be arsed to look it up, but basically the low cap encourages (forces) people to spend and not horde, and acts as a regulator slowing the rate that people can acquire gear... ...so, yeah, it is just another example of them continuing to employ those old MMO philosophies that everyone hates and many other companies have moved away from because the industry has evolved and they have realized that their players hate these philosophies more than they accomplish their intended goals.

But, what do I know? I studied astronomy, art history, and photography, not game theory.

That sounds quite funny because 6.0 was released almost 2 years ago. Would be nice to hear what rate they think would be suitable for acquiring gear in an MMO, because it's not working "as intended". :rolleyes:

- People who joined game later are certainly not hoarding frags because they still need the gear.

- People who started grinding gear two years ago were in full 306 rating within a couple of days since the release of 6.0. I have geared up almost all my toons, and that's a lot of toons. So it hasn't slowed down my gearing at all, it only made me look for other games because I can't use my tech frags on a vendor of my choice.

The achievement tracker is not the only thing that is not working (missions get unclicked and need to re-click them).

As another poster pointed out, all GS missions are bugged/broken.

Daily mission for enemy defeats is not working.

Another player confirmed that it was not just the planet I was playing.

This is worse than the companion bug.

I have progressed enough to get Master Ranos when she is available, but I was enjoying GS and wanted to max influence Altuur (and at least have the option to get one of the new strongholds).

I feel bad for the Bioware Team assigned to the game. For all the complaints, they work hard but the project is understaffed from what others have said. Bioware should really consider increasing staff at least temporarily to assist in updates (for all their games).

This is a massive MMO. You have to be geniuses in your area to figure all this out, and you still should receive additional help.

Hi everyone,

We're aware of the Galactic Seasons POs not working properly. I will follow up with an update once we have one.

Are you also aware of all the other Conquest Achievements not working properly? PvP, GSF, and Activity Finder aren't tracking counts at all, just to name a few. For example, I've flown a Scout in 5 GSF battles, and the achievement for that still shows me at 0/5. (And I've flown 3 battles with JUST a scout, to make sure of what I was seeing.)

Oh, and if I'm tracking a Conquest achievement, it becomes untracked once I change locations via any form of quick travel.

Nice to see Paxton Rall inside the Odessen base playing chess with Niko in the smuggler area, but if you talk to Paxton, you end up giving Niko a lap dance. I don't think Niko minds, but.....

And Lana is telling my Knight about using a certain red-skinned Mandalorian that he doesn't even know about or have since he isn't a Smuggler or Bounty Hunter

Hi everyone,

We will be taking down servers in 15 minutes to fix the Priority Objectives not progressing bug. We'll send out an update you when the servers are back up.

Well, that's just peachy. That's the entire day gone with little play time, and even more downtime. :( Great, just great.

Getting real tired of all the bugs patch after patch. Is no one testing anything over there BW?

Edited by Otowi
Typo

Well, that's just peachy. That's the entire day gone with little play time, and even more downtime. :( Great, just great.

Getting real tired of all the bugs patch after patch. Is no one testing anything over there BW?

The only thing they are testing is our patience.

All The Best

You know what? I am even expecting my weekly PO that were progressing just fine (3/4 SF matches, 1/3 vFPs) to be reset after the maintenance because they just break things like that.

Edited by demotivator

Glad to see this getting fixed without undue delay - hopefully Europe get to squeeze in their dailies.

My wife's delighted, more time for me to cut the grass......darn you BW :p

*Humorous just in case anyone is offended :rolleyes:

Edited by DarkTergon