Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How does BioWare feel about GSF just being used by PVE players to farm conquest?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
How does BioWare feel about GSF just being used by PVE players to farm conquest?

mike_carton
05.11.2021 , 11:51 PM | #11
I'm very wet behind the ears when it comes to GSF in spite being a hardened PvE player and a very experienced PvP player. Like innumerable others, I dipped my toes in GSF, withdrew in horror and frustration, and stayed away for years. Only to come back a few weeks before GS was unveiled, as coincidence would have it. I even made the mistake of going depth-first and maximizing my first ship using up most of the 25K Fleet Requisition. (I have since started a new character and unlocked the 12 ships first.)

I'm still dying more to bumping into stuff than to opponents, but only marginally more now. :-) Even got a kill the other day.

I might or might not eventually become decent at GSF. I might or might not play this game mode a lot. One thing I got to say: the GSF players must be drawn from a different pool of human beings than all other SWTOR players. It is a great community: kind, helpful, and generous with their knowledge and experience. Just the right mix to help ease new players into a challenging game mode.

I look forward to playing more GSF.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

achnaatfour
05.12.2021 , 01:15 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by HaoZhao View Post
Ever look at the scoreboard at the end of a GSF match? 80% of players on both teams have zero kills and pretty much did nothing but die. There's one or two guys in each team who actually play and do things and the rest just go through the motions until the match ends and they get participation credit in the conquest window.

Some guildmate of mine mentioned the other day that does so well in conquest because he just plays every type of ship 5 times and it doesn't matter if he ever actually does anything in the match. Is this situation satisfactory to BioWare?
I haven't seen anything like that, maybe one or two, but not 80% of both teams, . . . till today, but it wasn't both team's, just the one I was on, it was just me and one other trying to win, basically it was a 2v12,

since that was the case I did cycle through, each class once, one of those when in Rome things
but after the cycle, it was full on, "I will win this " "even if I have to do it alone", well I tried

CyorReco
05.13.2021 , 04:53 AM | #13
Ever look at the scoreboard at the end of a GSF match? 80% of players on both teams have zero kills and pretty much did nothing but die. There's one or two guys in each team who actually play and do things and the rest just go through the motions until the match ends and they get participation credit in the conquest window.

Some guildmate of mine mentioned the other day that does so well in conquest because he just plays every type of ship 5 times and it doesn't matter if he ever actually does anything in the match. Is this situation satisfactory to BioWare?
I wouldn't say 80% of players is very common, but maybe the bottom 33% of the scoreboard is full of zero kill or 1 kill w/6+ deaths nothing burgers.

Really for conquest and G seasons, I would like to see a minimum 1-2 medal requirement to get credit for a match and especially for flying each ship type in conquest.
Refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/PSYvqd

thorrnnn
06.02.2021 , 08:36 PM | #14

lol ever come into a match where the other side has an 599pt lead and your side has 1pt? i did about a hour ago. 5 matches and 4 loses. 3 where our side had between 4pts - 100pts at the end of the matches.

lordduzi
06.08.2021 , 10:18 PM | #15
As one of the PVE players, I hate being forced to do GSF for conquest points. I don't like PVP, I don't PVP and I resent that Bioware is forcing players who want conquest points to PVP. You don't want me to farm points, GREAT. Tell Bioware to stop making the weekly points disgusting PVP matches.

Ttoilleekul
06.09.2021 , 02:58 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
One thing I got to say: the GSF players must be drawn from a different pool of human beings than all other SWTOR players. It is a great community: kind, helpful, and generous with their knowledge and experience. Just the right mix to help ease new players into a challenging game mode.

I look forward to playing more GSF.
With some notable exceptions, GSF regulars / seasoned veterans are all extremely willing to help people get to grips with the game mode. I'm not certain why this is. Maybe its because GSF traditionally had a smaller player base than the rest of the content in the game. Maybe its because regular GSFers realize how hard the game is - it has that rare Swtor requirement of needing to aim. Maybe its because a lot of GSFers got sick of the toxicity in the other parts of Swtor, and ended up all sticking to GSF. Maybe its because GSF is the only part of the game that has a dedicated community who only play GSF and otherwise would not play Swtor. Or maybe its in part all of these. But yeah, I noticed the same thing when I started in GSF, and it was a big part of why I stuck around.

There is drama in GSF, there are rivalries and people dislike each other. I have lost it on occasion - exclusively with toxic people who over estimate their abilities, and the tedious claims of cheating, but, like a lot of others, I am super willing to help anyone progress. So if you need any help, just holla.
-Luc Nodaro
Link to My Youtube channel for GSF
Always happy to offer coaching / training for GSF.

Ttoilleekul
06.09.2021 , 03:01 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by lordduzi View Post
As one of the PVE players, I hate being forced to do GSF for conquest points. I don't like PVP, I don't PVP and I resent that Bioware is forcing players who want conquest points to PVP. You don't want me to farm points, GREAT. Tell Bioware to stop making the weekly points disgusting PVP matches.
Meh, no different to PVP players being forced to do PVE. Me for example. Except I don't. Galactic Seasons doesn't mean enough to me for me to do the PVE objectives, so I don't bother with it. I am here for GSF, because that is what I enjoy. The choice to play is still yours, you're not being forced. You can't blame Bioware for wanting to encourage cross participation in all aspects of the game.
-Luc Nodaro
Link to My Youtube channel for GSF
Always happy to offer coaching / training for GSF.

philwil
06.09.2021 , 09:08 AM | #18

BW is kinda like the honey badger.

Honey Badger dont care

Flux
Snuffleupagus, Sishyafiq, Baby Yodda, and many, many more
23k plus matches under my belt
Please dont take my advice. I know nothing.

hatefulpeace
06.12.2021 , 05:30 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ForfiniteStories View Post
More newbs means more food for my Flashfire.

I take extra delight in targeting the baby Gunships and Strike Fighters. It's best to get them while they're still young.
You just explained why all MMORPG pvp is dumpster garbage.

Ramalina
06.12.2021 , 08:29 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by hatefulpeace View Post
You just explained why all MMORPG pvp is dumpster garbage.
Just going to point out that in this thread, as far as skilled long time players go the ratio of ones happy to help, teach or group with a new player vs. ostensibly out to get them is 7:1 in the noob's favor. I say ostensibly for the one, because a lot of the players who as a matter of principle fly at 100% of their skill level no matter how bad they're stomping the other team are at the same time happy to group with noobs from that team, get into Discord with them, and help them out in the next match.

Skilled help is available and free, but you do have to ask for it.
"A padawan's master sets their Jedi trial, Rajivari set mine."
- Zhe Lian, Sage.