Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber rewards showing as 'Claimed' in Galactic Seasons as Preferred Player

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Subscriber rewards showing as 'Claimed' in Galactic Seasons as Preferred Player
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Paziqi
06.04.2021 , 07:59 AM | #1
So my subscription just expired, and I plan on leaving it that way for a couple of weeks. I've been working through GS, and overall kind of enjoy it. But I noticed as I'm progressing that now that my subscription has ended, the subscriber rewards are being auto set to 'claimed', even though I haven't, and can't, claim them. The FTP rewards remain unclaimed until I click on the button. I am also not receiving any of these auto-claimed rewards, and I don't think I should be.

Now, my understanding from the news article they posted was that while I won't be able to claim those rewards while unsubscribed, when I do re-subscribe, I will be able to go and claim the rewards for the levels I have completed. But this makes it look like that is not the case. I'm thinking my best option right now is to just stop playing the game, since I don't want to lose out on some of those subscribers rewards, and I get GS points just for logging in. I'd rather not do that though.

So, does anyone know, is this how it is supposed to work? And these auto-claimed subscriber rewards will switch back to unclaimed when I resubscribe? Or is this some bug that has already cheated me out of a couple rewards, and will continue to do so if I keep logging in?

SteveTheCynic
06.04.2021 , 09:09 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Paziqi View Post
So, does anyone know, is this how it is supposed to work? And these auto-claimed subscriber rewards will switch back to unclaimed when I resubscribe? Or is this some bug that has already cheated me out of a couple rewards, and will continue to do so if I keep logging in?
You're in luck. I have been planning for a little while to buy one of my F2P accounts a 60-day subscriber block, which would enable me to directly see what happens (as it happens, the account has been able to pay for the first few unlocks, including some where I've "claimed" the "empty" F2P gift slots, same as you). I'll do that sub thing this evening and update with what happens.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

JackieKo
06.04.2021 , 09:24 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Paziqi View Post
So my subscription just expired, and I plan on leaving it that way for a couple of weeks. I've been working through GS, and overall kind of enjoy it. But I noticed as I'm progressing that now that my subscription has ended, the subscriber rewards are being auto set to 'claimed', even though I haven't, and can't, claim them. The FTP rewards remain unclaimed until I click on the button. I am also not receiving any of these auto-claimed rewards, and I don't think I should be.

Now, my understanding from the news article they posted was that while I won't be able to claim those rewards while unsubscribed, when I do re-subscribe, I will be able to go and claim the rewards for the levels I have completed. But this makes it look like that is not the case. I'm thinking my best option right now is to just stop playing the game, since I don't want to lose out on some of those subscribers rewards, and I get GS points just for logging in. I'd rather not do that though.

Hi Paziqi,

You won't lose those sub rewards as they are not truly claimed. Once you are a sub again, you will be able to claim them.

I'll be moving this thread over to the Bug Reports sub-forum so we can track it. Thanks for flagging this.
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SteveTheCynic
06.04.2021 , 11:54 AM | #4
Confirmed - I was able to claim the previously unclaimed (but *shown* as claimed) subscriber side rewards.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Paziqi
06.04.2021 , 03:23 PM | #5
Good to know. Thanks Jackie, for letting us know. And thanks, Steve, for testing.