Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Creating a post - Formatting options disabled

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Creating a post - Formatting options disabled
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mike_carton
05.25.2021 , 08:59 PM | #1
I use Firefox to peruse the forums and post. Often (not always), when I'm creating a new post the formatting options don't respond to mouse clicks. Cannot change font attributes, add links or any such thing at all. This is always accompanied by the "Sizes" dropdown showing up in larger than normal size and overlapping the alignments buttons below (Center and Right Align buttons.)

This is what it looks like: Imgur link that will be a source of frustration to those who come across this post a few months from now, because it will have expired.

As of now, it is not allowing the use of links, or - for that matter - any other formatting button at all.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

ceryxp
05.25.2021 , 09:36 PM | #2
Lol, I go to reply that I have been experiencing this for quite some time and, lo and behold, the formatting is bugged.
~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Just your average opinionated, disabled, queer gaymer.

SteveTheCynic
05.26.2021 , 12:45 AM | #3
It's not just Firefox - Edge does it as well. It's probably because the scripts that the buttons fire have failed to load for some reason.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Falensawino
05.26.2021 , 04:18 AM | #4
Chromium based browsers too

nothing is clickable https://i.imgur.com/0QTLXkY.png

disabling ublock origin does nothing
edit: disabling all my addons/extensions and restarting does nothing. buttons still unclickable
The most wretched hive of troll and villainy

mike_carton
05.30.2021 , 02:48 PM | #5
JackieKo,

Can we get an update on this issue please? This is a non-trivial matter and obviously doesn't require a patch to be developed for the players to install.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

Phoenix_Bird
05.30.2021 , 09:22 PM | #6
Wow, didn't the hamsters get fed?
Squadron 367

Ganden
06.02.2021 , 02:06 AM | #7
Also can't edit my signature because none of the toolbar buttons work. Is it just me? Tried on Google Chrome & Edge.
Ganden Venorsi

CommunityTeam
06.02.2021 , 04:22 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting the formatting issue you all encounter on our forums.

Our team is currently looking into it. I'll update you in this thread when I have more information.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

CommunityTeam
06.02.2021 , 10:50 AM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi folks,

I have an update regarding the formatting issues you all encounter.

As mentioned in JackieKo's post here: Website Maintenance June 3, 2021, website maintenance is scheduled tomorrow, from 8:00AM - 8:30AM PDT (1500 - 1530 UTC) to fix these issues.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

mike_carton
06.02.2021 , 11:25 AM | #10
Thank you.