Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Seasons - Credit Catch Up

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Galactic Seasons - Credit Catch Up
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EHKodiak
05.27.2021 , 01:07 PM | #21
Just an FYI, it isn't working. Switched to a server where I have 0 GS, and level 1 is not purchaseable.

DragonSire
05.27.2021 , 01:13 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EHKodiak View Post
Just an FYI, it isn't working. Switched to a server where I have 0 GS, and level 1 is not purchaseable.
lol go figure
"Reality is Boring"

Sarova
05.27.2021 , 01:17 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by EHKodiak View Post
I can confirm this. I play mainly on DM, however, I just logged into Satele Shan and Star Forge where I have around 25 characters (ranging from level 10 - level 75 if that's relevant) that I rarely play so my GS is at 0 both those servers. Only the cartel coin unlock is available.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as Permanent Companion & Romance Pls!
My Rishi

Rammboo
05.27.2021 , 07:24 PM | #24
Yeah..not working...
Tried unlock but it asked me to buy Cartel Coins....
Proud owner of a Ming the Merciless beard.

TrixxieTriss
05.27.2021 , 08:37 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rammboo View Post
Yeah..not working...
Another bug brought to you by the makers of swtor.
“BioWare, where bugs are made” 🙄

hillerbees
05.28.2021 , 03:49 AM | #26
Just me or is this system overly complicated?

If there is a feature like this in the game - it should should be easily explainable in game or have a reference point to read up on it IN GAME.

If a new player asked me about all this I'd end up referring them to the forums or a player like Swtorista, Vulkk or Xam Xam.

Could we not just have a simple catch up where if you joined and everyone else was at level 99 say, that it would be a standard x amount of credits for each level you need to catch up and then the player can easily decide if its something they want to do?

I have never bought forward with cartel coins because I don't know whether to unlock 10 levels ahead is just the single amount or a cumulative coin cost for each level up to and including the level I want to get to.

SWTOR has real knack for making things complicated.

Sarova
05.28.2021 , 05:16 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rammboo View Post
Yeah..not working...
No comments on this from the Devs either. You'd think this would be high on the list of issues since they promoted the launch of credit purchase. Unless it's working today. Anyone tried? I'm not able to log in until later.

EDIT: Just logged in on SS. It's working today!
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as Permanent Companion & Romance Pls!
My Rishi

EHKodiak
05.28.2021 , 08:41 AM | #28
Can confirm, it's working today. It's 24 hours out from the initial post, that's all

DavidStaats
05.28.2021 , 10:35 AM | #29 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi all,

Thank you for the reports regarding the Catch-Up system not launching on the date and time we had stated on Tuesday.

We investigated this and found a one-day discrepancy in our debugging tools and schedule, resulting in the previous date and time we provided to be exactly 1 day behind the actual schedule for Catch-Up.

We are addressing the discrepancy in our debugging tool and adding additional layers of checks to prevent this from occurring in the future.

When we planned Catch-Up, we did so with the intention of providing a large buffer between when the Catch-Up system reached its Max Catch-Up Level (currently at Reward Level 95 as stated on Tuesday), and when the Season would end. Catch-Up will still reach the Max Catch-Up Level with ample time before the end of the Season, providing all players time to utilize Catch-Up to continue their Seasons progression.

My initial post will be updated to reflect this info.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.
David Staats | Systems Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Rammboo
05.28.2021 , 06:49 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Another bug brought to you by the makers of swtor.
“BioWare, where bugs are made” 🙄
What a surprise.....
Proud owner of a Ming the Merciless beard.