Galatic Seasons - Daily Priority Objectives - More Options Please!

Jazulfi

people who don't have friends to play with, who's friends left the game because one one bad decision after another, who themselves are barely hanging in there.

Or people who don't like the toxic &*^% you get in groups these days, especially PvP, and unfortunately GSF is starting to head the same way

Or people who don't deal well with others, can't take the stress of dealing with others, and just like to treat this as a solo game, with multiplayer options if people choose.

I'm sure I've missed others....

I happen to be one of the above mentioned people, so I do agree with the OP. I know it isn't the most popular opinion, but the one thing that got me into this game (after having tried it early on in it's life) was the solo friendly content.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I have been REALLY disappointed with Galactic Seasons. I don't do PVP and on the rare occasions I have, I am terrible at it. I tried galactic star fighter and felt really bad for my team. They probably felt I was a plant to just get killed to give the other team lots of points. I resent the developers trying to push me into content I am not interested in playing.

I don't really enjoy flashpoints, unless I am with a discord group, so having my weekly objectives flashpoints and pvp is a big negative. I also won't do Section X or The Black Hole daily's again as I don't enjoy them. I am weird I guess. So to me Galactic Seasons is an excellent way to convince someone NOT TO PLAY. I have been a sub for quite a while, so maybe I should just pretend it is not there.

The noises the new companion makes are REALLY annoying.

While I don't have issues with Section X or with FP's ... I really wont have anything to do with PvP (GSF or other wise ).

Bottom line:

We all have choices to make. I make mine on a daily basis. Providing a wider selection of personal objectives will simply provide a wider ( larger) level of participation. I'm guessing that GS was to encourage a larger number of individual participants (although I could be wrong about that ) !

I just know I am going to fall behind in the next few weeks after ME:L launches because I haven't been able to do all of the objectives in the past couple of weeks - and probably won't be able to catch up after. Shouldn't be this bad that missing a week or 2 out of 5 months is going to screw up the ability to finish a thing without spending lots of $ most don't have.

This is where not having the ability to choose what objectives we do essentially screws players over. Expecting 100% attendance over 5 months is unrealsitic.

I just know I am going to fall behind in the next few weeks after ME:L launches because I haven't been able to do all of the objectives in the past couple of weeks - and probably won't be able to catch up after. Shouldn't be this bad that missing a week or 2 out of 5 months is going to screw up the ability to finish a thing without spending lots of $ most don't have.

This is where not having the ability to choose what objectives we do essentially screws players over. Expecting 100% attendance over 5 months is unrealsitic.

I'm just plugging along doing the dailies !! I have serious doubts that the weekly objectives will change THAT much !!!

If the team decides to make more content available for "solo" (not face roll story mode like SoE) that would be great !! If not ... then I'll just keep plugging along and we get what we get !! My choice !

With GSF and Warzones its a bad experience. The match making seems terrible at least on the lower tier missions get a bunch of 20 to 50's against a team of mostly 74 level opponents and watch them get destroyed. GSF is no better watch new people get ganked, seriously if one person is getting 20+ kills in a match you think that was good match making?

If you didn't know that people are doing it for the Galactic Season points you would think that people were win/kill trading. Now I've done my PvP and GSF, been there done that got the T-shirt neither interests me anymore so I don't care what Galactic Seasons is doing to these. But damn if I was interested in them to constantly get put with a team that want to throw the game just to get it over or on a team that either has no challenge and I have to race to kill the noob before my team mate gets the kill or I have no chance as I have a team who even if they cared have no chance this would not be a fun experience.

Though how long before people realise their isn't much in the galactic seasons rewards that really makes forced pvp or killing 75 bugs day in day out worth it. Who is going to use the new companion that getting him to 50 influences is worth it, is that new outfit that great? So as far as repeating 10 year old content or getting people interested in the game I haven't really seen that much positive about it.

Funny side note:

Thanks to Dasty ... We're all killing off BUGS ! as a large part of the GS PO's !!

(posted in a thread regarding SoV Solo Mode dated 01-07-2021)

I think it is important to distinguish b/t three analytically distinct categories when discussing Spirit of Vengeance (SoV).

1) Bugs or as Ol' Buzzie would say: BUGS! :rak_03:

[/snip] [/snip] [/snip]

Bottom line: The patch changes are great when implemented correctly, but the issue of annoying trash remains.

That is all, <<has another sip>>

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

P.S. I'm going to lobby Bioware that the next expansion is Colicoid Bug-based just to piss off Ol Buzzie. :rak_03:

Thanks "buddy" !!

[/tips hat]

Edited by OlBuzzard

Hopefully the patch will fix some these galactic seasons bugs. But I’ve a feeling it won’t be 100%.

Also, in before it happens. With the patch being a day before weekly reset, I expect the collections discounts will “accidentally” finish a day early ;) (it’s happened before)

Would love more solo friendly options. PvP/Starfighter twice in a row here. I know they want to keep players in the game but I'm never going to touch that stuff again. From my WoW experience the very worst of the player base are always encountered in PvP. Did both Starfigthter and PvP years ago, back in the days when there were a lot fewer options for Conquest points, never going back. Do PvP players ***really*** want disinterested PvE geared players in their teams ? I dont think so.

If you're here because you'd like more options too - just in case you didn't know either (I didn't) you can re-roll one of the dailies every day, and I *think* one of the weeklies once every week. I'm not completely certain I've got the system right but wanted to mention it.

o/

Thank you very much !!! Was unaware you could do this !

Just my luck though, I rerolled into the Rishi dailys

All of my dailies this week have been some combination of Dailies Section X and Warzones/SF... :(

Bad experience because PvP isnt fun for me and doing the same set of dailies day after day is annoying. I reroll the PvP and get the other PvP PO... I could reroll the dailies but I dont want to do the PvP so I keep hoping that rerolling those will net me something other than PvP. There's some serious weighting issue with the way the PO's are working right now.

All of my dailies this week have been some combination of Dailies Section X and Warzones/SF... :(

Bad experience because PvP isnt fun for me and doing the same set of dailies day after day is annoying. I reroll the PvP and get the other PvP PO... I could reroll the dailies but I dont want to do the PvP so I keep hoping that rerolling those will net me something other than PvP. There's some serious weighting issue with the way the PO's are working right now.

Today I got 'complete starfighter' and 'complete warzone', I hit reroll, checked the list (reroll button gone), and had 'complete starfighter' and 'complete warzone', logged out in disgust.

Edited by DawnAskham

Today I got 'complete starfighter' and 'complete warzone', I hit reroll, checked the list (reroll button gone), and had 'complete starfighter' and 'complete warzone', logged out in disgust.

Join the Club, this is a joke. Exact same thing happened to me.

Join the Club, this is a joke. Exact same thing happened to me.

I have YET to do weekly stuff !! Not gonna happen either !!

:eek:

just how it is !!!