Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Refer-a-Friend Program

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkTergon
04.29.2021 , 02:50 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’m kicking myself for not buy up big on the Server slots when they were 70 million each last month before this announcement.

I’ve still got 5000 CCs, but I use these to open up new outfits or gear in my collections. And seeing as we won’t be getting more from referrals, I want to use these sparingly
I'll be hoarding mine for the unlock sale too...lol, or decos, they are my main weakness...lol
Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone
--------------------------------
Proud owner of 'Endwalker' , the first non SWTOR item I've ever pre ordered.
It's a sign of the times, my swtor sub has been used to sub a different game.

Tofu_Shark
04.30.2021 , 03:55 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Already noticed many CM items have gone up 100-200% in price on the GTN since last week.

Extra Server slots are now double the price they were two weeks ago as are many other things.
Character slots have been going up since September. I'd say they've had the biggest increase in price out of anything...and practically everything has gone up since then.
MMOs are supposed to add content, not remove content: *Galactic Map - 3D planet models, satellites, and home stars or mother planets shown, similar to Mass Effect's map, *Tython Captured Padawans - dead Padawan in cage missing that triggers mission *Advanced Class NPCs *etc., etc., etc.

DarkestMicheal
05.03.2021 , 04:02 AM | #123
I'm hoping they do bring it back, but without the cc's, or if they do have cc's, maybe a limit on how many you can have active. It was handy for a lot of people, and I know people who subbed (or came back) , just because they got that free week
My cookies are nearly out, and with everything else going on in the forums, and game, etc. it's time to walk away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzMSfaNXYZg
Some people here must be related to mods, they get away with everything

Spikanor
05.04.2021 , 09:17 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkestMicheal View Post
I'm hoping they do bring it back, but without the cc's, or if they do have cc's, maybe a limit on how many you can have active. It was handy for a lot of people, and I know people who subbed (or came back) , just because they got that free week
is it not better to fix the problem about getting CC then remove it?

we know that the problem with the refer a friend program was that sub players can use the refer a freind link will that not is mean for.
more for pref and free to play players was it mean for to become sub 1 week and not that somebody that was all sub can use it to give the other guy free CC.

i think still fixing the problem is much better then what there have done now by remove it.

nicosx
05.04.2021 , 03:02 PM | #125
De***? I let my sub run on and on without actually playing. Now wanted to go back, ask a friend to hop on as well and searched for 10 minutes for the referral link only to see it not beeing a thing anymore? big YIKES. welp, 12k CC and i cant even have a friend play with me. big brain energy once again, my itch playing this game has gone as fast as it came.
Adrenalín

RagnorKar
05.04.2021 , 08:09 PM | #126
For the few days left of my subscription this time adding in my two cents.

I definitely will admit the RAF didn't get me to bring in new players, as if I knew anybody to give it to, they were already in the game, and likely already subbed as well. However, the referral did give me more reason to subscribe with some of the rewards that it brings after a subscription ended. Honestly, one of the main reasons I subbed in the first place was because the referral link permitted a week of sub time every 3 months, allowing me to go around the credit cap occasionally so escrow didn't go to waste. It didn't replace sub time, as my hope/intention was to sub for about 1 month twice a year, or only when interesting content was released, and use the referral just to get a little extra time with my credits or to hide head slots. If the referral hadn't existed the way it did, there's a good chance I'd never have bothered subscribing at all, as there'd have been a certainty I'd lose access to credits regularly.

It also does kind of put a damper on future subscribing from me, as I'd be put in a position where in order to actually do most things, I have to regularly subscribe, rather than occasionally. Which is something I am simply not capable, nor willing, to do, regardless of the referrals existence. Which means less entertainment, which means less chance of subbing again.

I'm not saying this will impact every person the same way it would me. But just that there's a near certainty that I (and thus possibly people like me) would never have subscribed at all without the referrals system.

DragonSire
05.14.2021 , 03:29 PM | #127
Maybe they should at least have removed the various adds and places on website that still shows refer a friend and then takes you to an error page.
"Reality is Boring"

DragonSire
05.28.2021 , 01:02 PM | #128
weeks later still not fixed....and they wonder why people think they don't care about this game, when they can't even update the website lol

https://imgur.com/5itTtrb
"Reality is Boring"

xordevoreaux
05.28.2021 , 01:06 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonSire View Post
weeks later still not fixed....and they wonder why people think they don't care about this game, when they can't even update the website lol

https://imgur.com/5itTtrb
$12/hour I'll redo the entire website in Wordpress and update everything.
Play the Electronic Arts game Sims4 much? Need a new schmazzy fireplace retexture or really classy piano update?
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

Tofu_Shark
05.29.2021 , 03:21 AM | #130
I know you're trying to insult the webmaster, but you also insulted every web designer in the developed world in the same post. (Yes, I know you used sarcasm.)

All of you whining about the Referral program, it's over! You can thank the exploiters for ruining it for everyone else.
MMOs are supposed to add content, not remove content: *Galactic Map - 3D planet models, satellites, and home stars or mother planets shown, similar to Mass Effect's map, *Tython Captured Padawans - dead Padawan in cage missing that triggers mission *Advanced Class NPCs *etc., etc., etc.