Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Buying old Sub Companions does not allow you to unlock said Companions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Buying old Sub Companions does not allow you to unlock said Companions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HamadKyron
04.27.2021 , 12:28 PM | #1
Bought Nico from the Galactic Seasons vendor, but the box does not unlock the mission Mixological Profiling, and you are unable to use the Holocommunicator if you are already past KotFE Chapter 9, which means characters are completely unable to access the character they paid for. I'm pretty sure I mentioned this as an issue that could come up while they were testing, but it seems I was ignored, because I cannot access Nico Okarr on any of my important characters as of now. Having the purchase of the character not unlock their mission is beyond weird, this is the first thing that should have been tested when letting people unlock the sub companions.

EAFSAMWISE
04.27.2021 , 09:36 PM | #2
Most of us are aware that the formerly exclusive companion Nico Okarr is now purchasable from the Galactic Seasons Vendor on the fleet for 5 tokens. I went ahead and paid enough money in cartel coins to advance all the way to Galactic Season lvl 42 so I could get 5 tokens to purchase the Nico Okarr item box. When I right-clicked the box, I received the holo-communicator in the mail, but the subject on the message read "This character has been deleted." Sure enough when I right-clicked the holo-communicator I received, it said I would need to complete the Alliance Alert "Mixological Profiling" which I recall is the mission to recruit him. However when I clicked "accept," the communicator simply disappeared but the Alliance Alert didn't pop up in my companions menu and neither did Nico Okarr himself. I am aware that I already completed KOTFE chapter 9 but I assumed this wouldn't be an issue since it's a bonus mission. Did I miss something or is this a genuine bug?

juliabee
04.28.2021 , 07:22 AM | #3
Absolutely same bug happens with item for new companion: Altuur zok Adon. I unlocked him in Collections for all my characters, then click on "box" icon, received mail with orbate kubaz box. But this mail was from "Character has been deleted" and i cant get ornate box from this mail.

CommunityTeam
04.28.2021 , 07:35 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi folks,

Thanks for the report regarding Niko Okarr's Alliance Alert and unlock.

I've transferred the information provided to our team who is currently looking into it. I'll update you when I have more information.

To give visibility to this bug, I'll add it to the known issues list: Game Update 6.3 - Known Issues.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

HamadKyron
04.28.2021 , 11:26 AM | #5
The issue isn't the Holocommunicator itself, that's not a bug. The issue is that we don't have access to Nico's Alliance alert even after using the Nico Okarr box. Even if you let characters use the holocommunicator after KotFE Ch. 9, that doesn't fix the fact that it's not granting us access to his alliance alert like it should be.

RiOmkir
04.29.2021 , 11:42 AM | #6
I just had the same problem....bought the box, and now don't have any mission.

Jephryp
04.29.2021 , 02:01 PM | #7
I am having the same issue. No alert appears. I put in a ticket as well.

CommunityTeam
04.30.2021 , 09:45 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi folks,

We're aware of an issue that players are experiencing with Nico Okarrís Alliance Alert not being granted when using the Encrypted Holocommunicator. To prevent this issue from affecting more players, we have temporarily disabled the purchase of all Companions from the Galactic Seasons vendor Jaleit Nall and we will be removing them from this vendor in our next patch. The Companions will return to the vendor in a future patch during Season 1 once we have resolved the Alert granting issue.

Players who try to purchase Niko Okarr or future Companionsí Encrypted Lockbox will encounter the following error message:
  • "You do not meet the requirements to purchase this item."
We are currently working on a fix for this, we will update this thread when we have more information.

Thank you for your patience.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

emperorruby
04.30.2021 , 11:01 AM | #9
My solution to solve the unfairness of players missing out of the companions is to rerelease all of the companions lockbox at the same time so that players don't get screwed over by rng when the bug has been fix for about 3 to 5 weeks

SajonKroombit
05.01.2021 , 02:56 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by emperorruby View Post
My solution to solve the unfairness of players missing out of the companions is to rerelease all of the companions lockbox at the same time so that players don't get screwed over by rng when the bug has been fix for about 3 to 5 weeks
I would like to second this motion. Iíve only been playing for a short time, but Iím hardcore into the game, and it has bummed me out from the start that I have missed out on these great companions. Honestly, Iím not really even all that into the Galactic Seasons thing, but I am pretty excited about it giving me the chance to get the missed companions.