Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Apex update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

nobodyseeyou
04.27.2021 , 03:29 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by RussellRichter View Post
As the person who created the kite strat, It's for the best that it's getting removed. On the other hand though, it's funny to see the hypocrisy in this thread. People acting like they didn't abuse the red exploit and then defend its usage on the progression thread 9 months ago
Well, "thank you" dude. I am cursing that day when i decided to base our prog on your kiting strats. You and Jaydenz youtube video should have add a Note that this strat MIGHT be fixed soon as a bug/exploit Literally WASTED few months to progging it like that and we didnt killed it. Now we have TO REVERSE it Thank you

RussellRichter
04.27.2021 , 03:43 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by nobodyseeyou View Post
Well, "thank you" dude. I am cursing that day when i decided to base our prog on your kiting strats. You and Jaydenz youtube video should have add a Note that this strat MIGHT be fixed soon as a bug/exploit Literally WASTED few months to progging it like that and we didnt killed it. Now we have TO REVERSE it Thank you
You should have just kited the patch then

JackieKo
04.29.2021 , 01:10 PM | #33 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by csilvajonas View Post
Anyone knows why they are going to update the Apex vanguard fight to make him angry if you do the kiting strategy? It's like punishing players for being creative, it's not an exploit as far as i can see, just because people are not doing the fight exactly how devs thought it should be done, they're gonna add a new enrage or soft enrage to a boss that already has at least 3 of them?
Hi csilvajonas,

That strategy was allowing players to bypass intended mechanics altogether, not allowing them to interact with parts of the encounter, and trivializing the fight in an unintended way. We look for ways to balance the game out and ensure that it is being experienced as it should.

I did see the other thread you had started, and I encourage you to consolidate conversations. I also do recommend keeping titles of threads related to the conversation you want to start as that helps forum users understand the context/content of said threads. You can message me either a direct question or provide a link to the original thread you created, and I'll do my best to provide an answer.

Jackie
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Beckwith
04.29.2021 , 01:24 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
Hi csilvajonas,

That strategy was allowing players to bypass intended mechanics altogether, not allowing them to interact with parts of the encounter, and trivializing the fight in an unintended way. We look for ways to balance the game out and ensure that it is being experienced as it should.

I did see the other thread you had started, and I encourage you to consolidate conversations. I also do recommend keeping titles of threads related to the conversation you want to start as that helps forum users understand the context/content of said threads. You can message me either a direct question or provide a link to the original thread you created, and I'll do my best to provide an answer.

Jackie
Jackie,

I am for what you are doing, but if you are doing this to the Apex Vanguard, YOU GUYS should do it to all bosses then. What I mean by this is people kite Eyeless to skip green circles and the Purple Crush circle. These are intended mechanics to, but people skip them by kiting the boss, I personally don't kite the boss because its easy enough to kill him with his mechanics, but there is about 80% of the server that likes to run around in a circle kiting him and running after him and trying to do their DPS to him. Should you not do the same thing to Eyeless then? Please answer this, Jackie. Thank you.
http://www.swtor.com/r/RWqMLC
RHG is Recruiting - www.swtorrhg.com
Paboe - Sage Healer, Klue - Guardian Tank, Kariana - Shadow Tank, Kleu - Vanguard Tank, Leuk - Commando Gunnery, Jintoss - Gunslinger Sharpshooter

Opiklo
04.29.2021 , 03:31 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Beckwith View Post
Jackie,

I am for what you are doing, but if you are doing this to the Apex Vanguard, YOU GUYS should do it to all bosses then. What I mean by this is people kite Eyeless to skip green circles and the Purple Crush circle. These are intended mechanics to, but people skip them by kiting the boss, I personally don't kite the boss because its easy enough to kill him with his mechanics, but there is about 80% of the server that likes to run around in a circle kiting him and running after him and trying to do their DPS to him. Should you not do the same thing to Eyeless then? Please answer this, Jackie. Thank you.
you compare apex to eyeless... okay... seems legit
RiP Forum

agnahim
04.29.2021 , 04:23 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Opiklo View Post
you compare apex to eyeless... okay... seems legit
He doesn't want to compare Apex to Eyeless (and you know this), but rather show the hypocrisy of removing a cheese strat from a boss and arguing it's not an intended mechanic, but not doing the same to other bosses.

He's factually correct and everybody should agree, that it's kinda hypocritical, since there are A LOT of cheese strats for other bosses and even straight up exploits that weren't touched in months/years.
It shouldn't matter whether or not Apex is the current endboss, this mindset should either be applied to all bosses or none and if they are planning on doing so, they should atleast acknowledge it.

Personally, I couldn't care less which way they go, but they should give us clear communications on how they're planning to move forewards.
"Insert Username here" the Revanchist | Sorcerer

RikuvonDrake
04.29.2021 , 04:51 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by agnahim View Post
He doesn't want to compare Apex to Eyeless (and you know this), but rather show the hypocrisy of removing a cheese strat from a boss and arguing it's not an intended mechanic, but not doing the same to other bosses.

He's factually correct and everybody should agree, that it's kinda hypocritical, since there are A LOT of cheese strats for other bosses and even straight up exploits that weren't touched in months/years.
It shouldn't matter whether or not Apex is the current endboss, this mindset should either be applied to all bosses or none and if they are planning on doing so, they should atleast acknowledge it.

Personally, I couldn't care less which way they go, but they should give us clear communications on how they're planning to move forewards.
think, honestly, that the big thing is that not a large number of players has/have complained or reported it as a bug, unintentional mechanic, or exploit to the developers while the apex kite strat has been reported both by players using it and those who do not

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

csilvajonas
04.29.2021 , 07:31 PM | #38
Hi csilvajonas,

Jackie
Jackie, thanks a lot for the reply. I understand now why the update is happening. I hope it doesn't stop with Apex, as you can see from my previous posts, i see a lot of problems (bugs) on operations that are a big issue for me (and some other players on the raiding teams i know) like dread palace nim bugs (for real, Calphayus has so many bugs that you can fail a timed run just because of him). I do hope that Bioware takes some time to look back at old operations the same way you've been doing with dxun. The reason i was so frustrated with the apex update was mainly because i felt Dxun got a lot more attention than old operations we love playing, and we still have to deal with bugs that most of us just gave up, because we don't believe they will get a fix from devs team (i speak for myself and also based on what 90% of raiding teams i know talk). Imagine the feeling of failing a timed run by 2 minutes because you had to wipe on a boss after it buged (and not a new bug, but something you ask people about and they just say "oh, that's pretty normal on that fight"). At least for me, this is sad, when players just learn to deal with a bug cause they're tired of reporting it so they just give up. Here is a video of what i mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lRD...nel=Aquenifira

also, buff story mode and veteran mode operations please, there is probably another post about this somewhere, but it's just sad for me, i was playing gods from the machine when it first came, it was a great operation even on story mode, a great challenge. Now you can do all story mode operations with less than 8 players, i don't think that's how the fights were designed to be, but story mode is a joke and hard mode just feels like old story mode (nim is fine by me, a good challenge). What bothers me is the inconsistency of updates operations get.

DiamondNemke
04.30.2021 , 01:34 AM | #39
Hi csilvajonas,

Jackie
I honestly think this is a bad decision. Having multiple strategies to kill some boss is what makes raiding interesting.. By doing this, you're removing our limited ability to have fun with the game while experimenting with different strategies on different bosses. You trivialized leveling experience to be a complete garbage because of lack of difficulty, please don't streamline the only thing that is keeping some of us in the game, which is raiding. Keep in mind that some of us are paying the sub just to raid as well. If you take our ability to spice up the fights and try different things, you simply ruin the experience for us because we would just do the same stuff over and over, and eventually got bored of it and leave. As it already happened in the past with some of the most experienced raiders.

AwesomeTacoCat
04.30.2021 , 05:17 AM | #40
Hi csilvajonas,

Jackie
Trivialized is a very interesting word choice. Do you think you could provide a number of players whoíve killed Apex even with the kite strategy in the game for 10 months? My guess is that itís less than 200. My guess is about 4-5 teams per server (I think mine has 5). And a number of players are on multiple teams. So...I think around 150-200 players. Am I arguing that kite strat didnít make the fight easier? No, for sure it did. But not sufficiently ďtrivialĒ that everyone is out there clearing apex. Itís still pretty much only top tier raid teams that even had a prayer of clearing apex with kite strat. Is it really necessary to make a fight harder that only 200 people have cleared in 10 months?