Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Refer-a-Friend Program

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkTergon
04.26.2021 , 06:25 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Tofu_Shark View Post

If someone sued over that, then they obviously have plenty of money to spend on CC and are being a miser. The purpose of the sunset is to gradually let people down. You see the outrage in this thread over that alone. The speeder and pet rewards should've stayed, but the grandfathered CC rewards should not stay for long.
Except some people could, it could be a t***** issue. Basically because they said you'll get x for as long as y is subbed, if they change that it 'could' cause legal issues. Again, maybe there's a clause in the ToS, that allows them to do whatever they want, and negate this, but it's always a possibility
Personally I agree, they should have left the mount, etc. Or better yet, they should never have started the CC's for it.
What's done is done, we'll just have to wait and see the fallout from it
Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone
--------------------------------
Proud owner of 'Endwalker' , the first non SWTOR item I've ever pre ordered.
It's a sign of the times, my swtor sub has been used to sub a different game.

DarkSabrina
04.26.2021 , 04:31 PM | #112
It's a shame, was the reason I started playing, and the reason I've come back a few time

AllisonLightning
04.27.2021 , 01:26 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkestMicheal View Post
Another dumb decision, this program is what kept bringing back people, they'd get a free week, and be hooked again.
Even if they didn't sub, a lot came back and played as preffs, then eventually subbed. The reasons for a lot of us to sub have become less, and less. Someone joked once that BW was trying to kill of this game.....it's not funny anymore.
So I used a referral link simply because I can't after their maintenance, I refuse to put the game back on my computer. I left the game almost a year ago, raided endgame content and was more dabbling PvP by the end (Australian, so it was actually more frustrating than fun there). I've had no desire to play, I watch Twitch streams to keep up with friends who still play and to watch the community. Last time I came back was on the back of a seven day click and Bioware yet again got me paying a subscription.
One person suggested Bioware simply wants to make people sub straight off. Their decision, I simply know I'm still not interested in playing again because of a lot of their decisions. It might have eventually happened because of friends asking me to come back for a few days and low resistance being back in it.

That will never happen now. I have so many things I'd rather spend money on than immediately subscribing for nostalgia, I'd rather buy a game they're playing on the side or buy them something.

Yes, people were scamming and spamming referral links. When I got CCs it was because I posted in the forums, was helpful, contributed and the like. They prefer people paying for Cartel Coins, their choice but about wanting to bring in new players over current subs hitting links- the game has to be worth something for people to play and subscribe.

And you can't keep making bad decisions, bleeding players and expecting us to come back. The seven day sub being gone is probably good for a lot of former subs breaking the cycle of returning to this game.
C'est la vie

Spikanor
04.27.2021 , 10:40 AM | #114
so far i have see on my account it seems there have close the refer a friend link all and make then all useless now more.

now is the funny part that will come later how long it will take before somebody in the general chat in the game is keep trying when there not have read this thread all.

Tofu_Shark
04.28.2021 , 02:47 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
Except some people could, it could be a t***** issue. Basically because they said you'll get x for as long as y is subbed, if they change that it 'could' cause legal issues. Again, maybe there's a clause in the ToS, that allows them to do whatever they want, and negate this, but it's always a possibility
Personally I agree, they should have left the mount, etc. Or better yet, they should never have started the CC's for it.
What's done is done, we'll just have to wait and see the fallout from it
Doubtful, those ToS are like iron-clad contracts. You'd need a really good lawyer to even attempt to find a loophole.
MMOs are supposed to add content, not remove content: *Galactic Map - 3D planet models, satellites, and home stars or mother planets shown, similar to Mass Effect's map, *Tython Captured Padawans - dead Padawan in cage missing that triggers mission *Advanced Class NPCs *etc., etc., etc.

DarkTergon
04.28.2021 , 07:23 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Tofu_Shark View Post
Doubtful, those ToS are like iron-clad contracts. You'd need a really good lawyer to even attempt to find a loophole.
I agree, but we've seen stranger things happen.

TrixxieTriss
04.28.2021 , 10:21 AM | #117
Already noticed many CM items have gone up 100-200% in price on the GTN since last week.

Extra Server slots are now double the price they were two weeks ago as are many other things.

DarkTergon
04.28.2021 , 10:34 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Already noticed many CM items have gone up 100-200% in price on the GTN since last week.

Extra Server slots are now double the price they were two weeks ago as are many other things.
darn, although thankfully I still have my 'ill-gotten' gains and can afford to buy them from the gtn if needed

TrixxieTriss
04.28.2021 , 06:29 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
darn, although thankfully I still have my 'ill-gotten' gains and can afford to buy them from the gtn if needed
I’m kicking myself for not buy up big on the Server slots when they were 70 million each last month before this announcement.

I’ve still got 5000 CCs, but I use these to open up new outfits or gear in my collections. And seeing as we won’t be getting more from referrals, I want to use these sparingly

Ardrossan
04.29.2021 , 01:53 PM | #120
Yeah, I bought a lot of server slots back in 2.0 - 3.0 when they were selling for 90k. That was the best era for buying stuff from the GTN; I bought pretty much every subscriber account unlock during that time, which is my account has 50+ slots per server even preferred, on two servers.

The main thing I bought during these 7 day referrals were the outlander tokens, which i used to remake characters I'd lost during the last merger. They had been steadily, drastically increasing in price, I think I bought the last one for 245M and it was an outlier, most cost 300M+ and are likely even more expensive now. There hasn't been a sale on them in a long while.
Quote: Originally Posted by Severith View Post
You were loyal to EA/Bioware at a time when there was no reason to be loyal to them, and now that loyalty is being tested. If there is any justice in the world, you clearly deserve a special reward. Hopefully it happens, delivered on your porch in a brown paper bag, aflame with the light of justice.