Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Refund Timer Change

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
04.14.2021 , 01:34 PM | #11
Surprised it took this long to address this.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

DeannaVoyager's Avatar


DeannaVoyager
04.14.2021 , 02:04 PM | #12
Thanks for the heads up, but it's a really bad decisions. I've been barely playing anymore because conquest disparity between different game modes, now I will have even less reasons to play because everything I do creates fragments, and I don't want to waste them. The only useful vendor is Kai Zykken, so I will limit my playtime to weekends then. The reasons to log in are getting fewer and fewer.

Darittha's Avatar


Darittha
04.14.2021 , 02:24 PM | #13
zyken was useful for burning tech fragments for the 6.0 gear cheevos - but they got bugged around the time buying shells was suppose to be fixed(it isnt fixed yet) so it would count for cheevos - the bug autocompleted the set bonus gear cheevos and added "missing data" in cheevo details. i bought all ossus decos with tech fragments ages ago so i was only storing them. now i will have to burn them on useless zyken stuff, or take a chance on the new 10k objective which we dont know if it is daily or weekly or just whenever we have 10k frags 24/7.

ChrisSchmidt's Avatar


ChrisSchmidt
04.14.2021 , 03:15 PM | #14 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Hi all,

I just wanted to clarify one point that's come up in this thread: the timer would not start when the patch is released. The timer will start when the item is purchased from the vendor, so I would not anticipate any ability to sell back any items currently being held in this way on alt characters once the patch goes live.

Part of the reason for this post was to give y'all ample time to sell back any items being stored in this manner before the patch goes live.

-Chris
Chris "BioChris" Schmidt | Design Director
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

LasagnaSurfer's Avatar


LasagnaSurfer
04.14.2021 , 03:33 PM | #15
Wow, any more changes you want to make to ruin our day?

How about give us a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice in it?


I'm trying real hard to keep loving this game I've poured thousands of dollars into, but you are making it very hard.
Zwoop <Harbingers of Valhalla> & <Raiders of Valhalla>
Satele Shan's Viking Guilds of Distinction
twitch.tv/zwoopity

CrazyScruffy's Avatar


CrazyScruffy
04.14.2021 , 03:35 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post

Hi all,

I just wanted to clarify one point that's come up in this thread: the timer would not start when the patch is released. The timer will start when the item is purchased from the vendor, so I would not anticipate any ability to sell back any items currently being held in this way on alt characters once the patch goes live.

Part of the reason for this post was to give y'all ample time to sell back any items being stored in this manner before the patch goes live.

-Chris
please try to implement an alternative, so we don't waste TF

DeannaVoyager's Avatar


DeannaVoyager
04.14.2021 , 03:41 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post


The reason behind this change is we observed some unintended behavior where the mechanics of the refund timer were being used to store more resources than intended by limits intentionally set in order to balance the game economy’s inflows and outflows.

-Chris
Care to elaborate how storing tech frags to be consumed on Kai Zykken on weekends is unbalancing the game economy? We don't gain any credits from Kai, we lose them. Kai Zykken is a credit sink only, and we can use this credit sink on weekends only. What is the point of limiting a credit sink for weekends?

I know we can buy the nim/pvp mats after 6.3. I'm sure plenty of people will be happy about that, although the prices will drop really soon. However I'm not interested in the mats. I don't need them and I don't need the creds I could get from selling them. I could craft new augments for my mains, but 1) I play several classes, 2) they would only be useful in one operation, so that's not going to happen. That would be a total waste of mats, credits and my time, and I really don't like wasting stuff.

I'm only interested in getting the last few pieces I miss from Kai Zykken, and I really don't see how would that affect the game economy at ALL.

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
04.14.2021 , 03:43 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by LasagnaSurfer View Post
Wow, any more changes you want to make to ruin our day?

How about give us a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice in it?


I'm trying real hard to keep loving this game I've poured thousands of dollars into, but you are making it very hard.
Really, addressing an exploit is ruining the experience now Jesus this entire thread is "making a storm on a cup of water" as we say in my country, y'all too mad about this.

Quote: Originally Posted by DeannaVoyager View Post
Care to elaborate how storing tech frags to be consumed on Kai Zykken on weekends is unbalancing the game economy? We don't gain any credits from Kai, we lose them. Kai Zykken is a credit sink only, and we can use this credit sink on weekends only. What is the point of limiting a credit sink for weekends?

I know we can buy the nim/pvp mats after 6.3. I'm sure plenty of people will be happy about that, although the prices will drop really soon. However I'm not interested in the mats. I don't need them and I don't need the creds I could get from selling them. I could craft new augments for my mains, but 1) I play several classes, 2) they would only be useful in one operation, so that's not going to happen. That would be a total waste of mats, credits and my time, and I really don't like wasting stuff.

I'm only interested in getting the last few pieces I miss from Kai Zykken, and I really don't see how would that affect the game economy at ALL.
Simple, let's take tech fragments as an example you have 10k max storage. With this, you could potentially have "unlimited" tech fragments, you log into an alt, buy as many items as you can, log-off and have that "storage" ready to be returned in case you need more tech fragments beyond the cap. This is a tactic that has been used by storagers for years, long before Spoils of War came around.

Use currency to buy something, return item when you need more of that currency. While not exactly the most malicious thing in the game it is sort of an exploit as you're using the refund system in a way that's not its intended purpose, "oh I bought the wrong item" or "I don't really like this" so you'd return it, instead it turns into a way to have an extra amount of the endgame currency. Instead of continuously farming for that currency like the developers intended. Whether or not its fair its own separate discussion (one I don't really care for since I never used and never will use this tactic), but its pretty clear they're just patching a hole in their system that has been lingering for years.

Now that being said, I do agree with fellow posters when they say they should increase the cap on tech fragments, though I disagree with this change being the end of the world. But what will you do, its the forums after all, such behavior is not atypical.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

LasagnaSurfer's Avatar


LasagnaSurfer
04.14.2021 , 03:49 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
Really, addressing an exploit is ruining the experience now Jesus this entire thread is "making a storm on a cup of water" as we say in my country, y'all too mad about this.
Spoken like someone who barely plays this game.

The exploit is a work around for the atrocious artificial cap to begin with.

I've lost hundreds of thousands of tech fragments that disappeared into thin air because apparently my 50 characters can only carry 10k fragments no matter what. And since I long ago outfitted all 50 of my characters with 306 gear, aug'd/min maxed for game play and crafting, the only thing I want is the achievements that were artificially hampered to begin with.

In a game where the achievements are .2% of getting achievement items you need from 3k tech fragments. And that .2% is not an exaggeration.

So please, save me your condescension.
Zwoop <Harbingers of Valhalla> & <Raiders of Valhalla>
Satele Shan's Viking Guilds of Distinction
twitch.tv/zwoopity

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
04.14.2021 , 03:53 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by LasagnaSurfer View Post
Spoken like someone who barely plays this game.

The exploit is a work around for the atrocious artificial cap to begin with.

I've lost hundreds of thousands of tech fragments that disappeared into thin air because apparently my 50 characters can only carry 10k fragments no matter what. And since I long ago outfitted all 50 of my characters with 306 gear, aug'd/min maxed for game play and crafting, the only thing I want is the achievements that were artificially hampered to begin with.

In a game where the achievements are .2% of getting achievement items you need from 3k tech fragments. And that .2% is not an exaggeration.

So please, save me your condescension.
I actually do play the game and have been for nearly 8 years, but I won't get into a petty flame war. Have a good day and I hope you calm down.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything