Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection (206)

Saeten

Unable to patch this morning. Getting this message after logging in on the launcher. Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection (206) Tried repair and a bunch of things already. Any help would be appreciated.

I deleted the Patch Version files that were old and moved some old 2012/2011 and other files and also did all the recent Windows updates (2021-03) and I'm now getting Main Assets 342 to install after the Launcher went through 2-3 "updates" and restarted by itself. Looks like it's patching fine right now. Successfully patched and playing now.

I deleted the Patch Version files that were old and moved some old 2012/2011 and other files and also did all the recent Windows updates (2021-03) and I'm now getting Main Assets 342 to install after the Launcher went through 2-3 "updates" and restarted by itself. Looks like it's patching fine right now. Successfully patched and playing now.

How did you delete the patch?

I have the same problem. What steps should I do?

I deleted the Eualas folder, and the version files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\ directory

file names like "patcher2021.version" and "patcher2020.version"

I deleted the Eualas folder, and the version files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\ directory

IT WORKED!!!

Updating as I type. Thank you so much.

• 2 months later...

there are post since 2012 about this bug, how have they not fixed it yet????

I upådated 6 updates just fine, computer was never turned off during that time, had it running for many months, then suddenly, for no reason at all as I have made 0 changes to any firewalls or antivirus or another security programs that have always existed on this since the build I get "Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection (206)"

I try all the simpleton n00b solution support have mention in the old threads, none works ofc(doh!)

So I did the drastic thing and rebooted and it is still the same problem.....

I hope they pay me back every day I cant play in free sub days???

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for this helped me fix my patching issue. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Hello, good afternoon. Unfortunately after yesterday's patch I have started to get the message: Star Wars the Old Republic unable to retrieve patch data 206 I have tried to follow the steps you are giving here and I can't get the laucher to stop giving that error. I uninstalled the game, ran a malware, antivirus, installed a new client, deactivated antivirus and still the error appears. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting this error too. Tried all the little tips and things to solve it; removing files, changing DNS server, doing clean install.. Even tried to download it from Steam but that gives me "unauthorized Certificate Error" too so didn't bother too much with that.

This game have worked without any problems ever since I started to play it but now I'm getting this error.

Don't know what to do. Maybe I will just cancel my subscription until I can actually log in and play.

• 2 months later...

Actual lifesaver! THANK YOU! :D