Camera shaking Echoes of Oblivion finale

HKtheindomitable

The camera shakes repeatedly after defeating Tenebrae at the "Confront Tenebrae" step, and continues shaking through to the end of all cutscenes. It's not a continuous shaking, but every few seconds. I've been wondering what's causing this, and I finally figured it out. Satele's constant casting of "Harmonic Light" is causing the camera shaking. Outside of cinematics, there is a small shaking that happens. However, inside the cinematics, it's really bad.

Workaround: Disabling the auto-cast for that ability makes the camera shaking stop.

• Dev Post

Hi HKtheindomitable,

Thanks for the report concerning the camera shake issue during the finale cinematic of Echoes of Oblivion Mission.

Our team is aware of this bug and is currently looking into it. I'll update you in this thread when I have more information.

For visibility, I am adding this bug to the Game Update 6.2.1 - Known Issues list.

Edited by CommunityTeam

• 8 months later...
Does anyone know whether this bug has been fixed recently? If not, I may have found a workaround. I last ran Echoes of Oblivion relatively recently, and I still had the extremely annoying problem the OP referred to. However, I read somewhere that the issue was caused by Satele casting something that persisted through the cutscene. As an experiment, when I ran EoO today, I tried setting Satele to passive before clicking on Tenebrae to start the final series of cutscenes. I didn't see any of the horrible camera shake, so either the devs fixed the bug since the last time I ran the mission or there's a relatively simple workaround while we wait for the bug to be fixed.

Does anyone know whether this bug has been fixed recently? If not, I may have found a workaround. I last ran Echoes of Oblivion relatively recently, and I still had the extremely annoying problem the OP referred to. However, I read somewhere that the issue was caused by Satele casting something that persisted through the cutscene. As an experiment, when I ran EoO today, I tried setting Satele to passive before clicking on Tenebrae to start the final series of cutscenes. I didn't see any of the horrible camera shake, so either the devs fixed the bug since the last time I ran the mission or there's a relatively simple workaround while we wait for the bug to be fixed.

Yeah, you sure did read it somewhere. It's literally in my post. I said that very thing including the workaround, silly pants :p. It's that Harmonic Light ability is the issue. She casts it automatically regardless of what is happening. Passive setting can help, but I've had companions heal even when on Passive on rare occasions. Since it's a healing ability (or supposed to be), disabling that specific ability will guarantee it won't happen ever.

And no, it's not been fixed yet. It's on the Known Issues List.

Yeah, you sure did read it somewhere. It's literally in my post. I said that very thing including the workaround, silly pants :p. It's that Harmonic Light ability is the issue. She casts it automatically regardless of what is happening. Passive setting can help, but I've had companions heal even when on Passive on rare occasions. Since it's a healing ability (or supposed to be), disabling that specific ability will guarantee it won't happen ever.

And no, it's not been fixed yet. It's on the Known Issues List.

Oops--sorry! That will teach me not to re-read the top post in the thread before posting! But thanks for the workaround, even though I didn't remember where I originally saw it! :) I actually originally tried disabling her abilities, but for some reason I wasn't able to. But luckily setting her to passive worked in this case.

Edited by Hudlar

• 5 months later...
The camera shakes repeatedly after defeating Tenebrae at the "Confront Tenebrae" step, and continues shaking through to the end of all cutscenes. It's not a continuous shaking, but every few seconds. I've been wondering what's causing this, and I finally figured it out. Satele's constant casting of "Harmonic Light" is causing the camera shaking. Outside of cinematics, there is a small shaking that happens. However, inside the cinematics, it's really bad.

Workaround: Disabling the auto-cast for that ability makes the camera shaking stop.

Hijacking this old thread as this bug is still present and very annoying. Out of the last six or seven classes I have recently run through this, only one did not have the screen shake at the end. How long has it been now that it hasn't been fixed.