Can I have Gaden-Ko from the Consular story as a Companion?

Macetheace

Especially as our first TK sage based companion - which hasn't been done btw. While I can't play a Voss, I love the whole story and vibe, and of all the classes, the Consular worked hand in hand with a Voss..

---EDIT ADD-- I was pleased to see a new companion announced for 6.3, but disapointed again, for not having my shiny blue male friend that can throw TK waves and bursts...in particular:

Gaden-Ko for companion, from one of the most original races out of SWTOR (and one of my favourite alien races in the game). We are very short on TK Sage based companions, it's like most classes have tons based after them, but not the dps sage.. Gaden-Ko would make an excellent choice for both, satisfying a long held player demand for Voss and is also the most involved Voss of any of the class stories.

The best thing would have been playable Voss, especially if you could have the NPC models available, but I noticed that they are actually different proportions, still it would have been worth adding that new size to the roster, a taller yet slimmer humanoid. And add the Voss - but customisable options might be hard.

I'll settle for having one as a companion though.

Edited by Macetheace

Body proportions and customization options are not the only issues with doing that. Adding Voss as a playable species would also break a big plot point of the galactic story when everyone is talking to you and you are talking to everyone like you are not Voss and no one knows about them.

Voss as companions would work though and I agree that having Gaden-Ko as one of your companions would be very nice, especially if you are a consular and have a strong story connection with him. Since consular is my favourite class story, I would love to see all the other characters again from the Rift Alliance and what they are up to now with everything that has happened in the meantime.

So I think it is very much possible that Gaden-Ko will return in a future story update.

Edited by Phazonfreak

What about Magada-Ru that the Sith Warrior worked with, Bas-Ton(1) and his family(1) for the Agent, Tala-Reh for the Jedi Knight (OK, she's not good companion fodder), and Lokir-Ka (Smuggler)?

Heck, if you want to talk about working closely with the relevant Voss NPCs, well, um, er, you don't get any closer than the Agent and the female Smuggler do... (cough) Do I have to explain?

(1) Yeah, I know, but bear with me.

Only if I get Private Farn from Ord Mantell for my Trooper as a replacement for Aric Jorgan.

I know some people really like them, but i also notice a larger amount of hate for Aric Jorgan and Corso Riggs - and i don't understand, they are very classic character types and models of gusy most of ous eihter are or can relate to, or know.

Is it self hate?

I know some people really like them, but i also notice a larger amount of hate for Aric Jorgan and Corso Riggs - and i don't understand, they are very classic character types and models of gusy most of ous eihter are or can relate to, or know.

Is it self hate?

I think with Corso, it's this weird notion of misplaced chivalry he has that rubs people wrong.

He happily shoots an unarmed, surrendered separatist, who is on his knees begging for his life, and then he gets twitchy when you kill this woman who straight up stabbed both of you in the back and murdered the poor fluffy guy for the love of the villain, solely because she's a female?

For Koth Vortena, it's his incessant blood-soaked maniac apologism that makes me want to airlock him. "He was good for Zakuul." Really, Koth? I'm sure all the dead people on Ziost will rest easier knowing he was "good for Zakuul".

I don't know why some people dislike Aric Jorgan, but everyone likes / dislikes someone. Personal preference, I guess. But see, I happen to like Skadge, so what the hell do I know?

Is it self hate?

Ever hear the notion not to surround yourself with vexing people? That your worth more to yourself than doing that?

It's more along those lines.

Edited by xordevoreaux

What about Magada-Ru that the Sith Warrior worked with, Bas-Ton(1) and his family(1) for the Agent, Tala-Reh for the Jedi Knight (OK, she's not good companion fodder), and Lokir-Ka (Smuggler)?

Heck, if you want to talk about working closely with the relevant Voss NPCs, well, um, er, you don't get any closer than the Agent and the female Smuggler do... (cough) Do I have to explain?

(1) Yeah, I know, but bear with me.

But the Consular has the Voss sage and a whole contingent actually joining him..it's not a mere interaction or a few quests for a portion of the story, the consular's entire story on voss is centred on this one man and his people and he journeys with him throughout the class story.

Also, we really don't have a TK Sage Companion, and he would make a briliant one. If we can't actually play Voss as a race, the next best hting is to have some companions available. Gaden Ko - definitely form the consular story, as he is the most involved Voss of all the class stories.

NPCs are not very observant about anyone's race. Vette doesn't recomize when Sith Warrior romancing her is a Twilek.

All the dialogue options are designed around the original class/race restrictions. When the game was first released, there was no way for a Twi'lek to be a Warrior. The full race unlocks came with patch 1.2, when Legacy was introduced. Once anyone could be anything, some of the NPC and companion conversations became... awkward. It's just something you have to learn to ignore.

I wonder why we never saw a Voss companion, and why there isn't dps based sage companion either - it seems every class has several too, the most famous being the sorc inquisitor Lana Beniko.

All the dialogue options are designed around the original class/race restrictions. When the game was first released, there was no way for a Twi'lek to be a Warrior. The full race unlocks came with patch 1.2, when Legacy was introduced. Once anyone could be anything, some of the NPC and companion conversations became... awkward. It's just something you have to learn to ignore.

Ah, i wonder which ones are affected by which races.. I take it every race after the original release is affected like this, but it's only on some very select class races..

Edited by Macetheace

Is it self hate?

Really? You know a lot of guys like Corso? He wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes with the people I run with. Jorgan is your superior officer, initially, and justified in acting like it, but later? Not so much. For all of that, I don't mind Jorgan all that much, but Corso? He's far to snivelly to hang with me.

So Skavak steals your ship, and he's whining about his blaster? Yeah, I don't know anyone like that.

Ah, i wonder which ones are affected by which races.. I take it every race after the original release is affected like this, but it's only on some very select class races..

There are random snippets of conversations you come across in various Planet and Story arcs that you can just tell were written before patch 1.2 went live, but most of them aren't that bad. But there are a couple that stand out as needing to be re-written;

1. There's one in the Smuggler Class Arc (or Corellia Planet Arc? I don't recall which) where you use the credentials of a Chiss officer to get into somewhere, and when you get caught, the guy that catches you remarks that you don't look like a Chiss. Kind of jarring when my Smuggler actually was Chiss.

2. The Cathar were introduced as a playable race in patch 2.1, and a lot of the dialogue (esp. romance) between a Cathar Trooper and Aric Jorgan just doesn't make any sense anymore.

3. The Togruta were introduced as a playable race in patch 3.2, and they probably have the least number of species-broken conversations, if there are any at all. But I don't have a Togruta Inquisitor so I don't know if there's anything messed up with Ashara Zavros in particular.

The game actually does alter some conversations based on your character's race flag. A lot of conversations on the Imperial side are different if you are Human/Sith pureblood or anything else (alien), and in the Agent story on Hoth and the Copero flashpoint if you are Chiss or not-Chiss. So at least in theory, they could have fixed the worst of these by adding alternative conversations if they had cared to put in the effort.

Edited by Lednew

Really? You know a lot of guys like Corso? He wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes with the people I run with. Jorgan is your superior officer, initially, and justified in acting like it, but later? Not so much. For all of that, I don't mind Jorgan all that much, but Corso? He's far to snivelly to hang with me.

So Skavak steals your ship, and he's whining about his blaster? Yeah, I don't know anyone like that.

Oh, trust me, Corso would have lasted with me in real life.

As would Theron, Iresso, and Torian.

Texas was in a crisis, yet people were demanding updates, and patches.

The world was in crisis, and people were demanding content and stuff....

So yup, there are people like that, self absorbed, and not realising other people have problems too ;)

At least corso, even in his self indulgent monologue acknowledges that his blasters are nothing compared to your ship.

That not the reason he annoys me , he annoys me because like koth, he's full of double standards.

Oh, trust me, Corso would have lasted with me in real life.

As would Theron, Iresso, and Torian.

In a nutshell, you listed all the least liked male companions - interesting that there are far more less liked male companions than female ones.

I would guess Darth Marr is the most liked male companion...

Strange. I would have tagged her as being mostly a Jugg with some lightning abilities.

Well only inquisitor's can wield lightning and shield and mass pushback etc, and only sorcs carry a single light saber and have access to healing abilities before the companion change. She's def a sorc with jugg abilities, kinda like how they may have originally meant to be, a range-melee hybrid relying more on range perhaps?

we still don't have a sage counterpart - would be nice to see a sage companion casting abilities like TK wave, TK burst etc, Gaden Ko makes the most sense - his mystic talent and consular training favours him as sage over shadow. Trained by the Barsen'thor using his unique visionary abilities to learn from his mentor via force visions or something really cool like that could totally work. ^^

Aric is the best! I love grumpy cat to soft warm mushy goo when you have his trust and love. So there for that.

I'm gay, and the characters I listed have some very attractive geometry. Toss them in a brawler's harness, good to go.

I'm not gay, but if I was (or female) I can see the attraction to Theron & Torian, the do have a charm & personality about them. But Iresso never really took off for me, in any format, I don't think any of my females romanced him, or even used him much. I think I got the 1000 kill achievement and then he disappeared.

I'm not gay, but if I was (or female) I can see the attraction to Theron & Torian, the do have a charm & personality about them. But Iresso never really took off for me, in any format, I don't think any of my females romanced him, or even used him much. I think I got the 1000 kill achievement and then he disappeared.

The "problem" with Felix Iresso is that, in the romance story, he's nothing remarkable, just a nice guy who cares about the Consular and all that. Video games are about escapism, and, well, "just a nice guy who cares about you" isn't very, well, er, escapist.